[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Gaius_Cornelius_Tacitus_mirror.jpg (176 KB, 594x760) Image search: [Google]
Gaius_Cornelius_Tacitus_mirror.jpg
176 KB, 594x760
"Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class --->hated for their abominations, called Christians<---"

What did he mean by this?
>>
He misunderstood Transubstantiation and thought they were cannibals
>>
They were the Jews of his day
>>
>>1386404
>>1386407

But what were they doing? It is clear that if you do the things currently written down in the bible, you don't come off as an abomination to people, which should be the commandments given by the saviour.
>>
>>1386414
They were being problematic to Roman culture and religion

(and Nero needed a scapegoat)
>>
>>1386360
He meant Chrestians
>>
>>1386548

Oh I heard that one.

Chrestus, the leader of a rebellion through which you attained salvation through faith.
>>
>>1386558
Not actually specified in the passage.
At least avoid dishonesty by not automatically assuming that Christians/Christus is the only correct rendering of the demonstrably edited work even if it might just be a typo.
>>
>>1386615
>demonstrably edited work

Meaning that we are to completely ignore it then and not assume what you want us to assume? Because that sure as fuck is the only honest approach when it comes to shit like this.
>>
>>1386414
morality is subjective, and to Romans Christians were morally outrageous
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.