[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heraldry.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: actual 10 of 10.jpg (23 KB, 245x321) Image search: [Google]
actual 10 of 10.jpg
23 KB, 245x321
How do I find my heraldry? And check it?

>The coat of arms of the Northampton and Hampshire Knights are probably the oldest grants which have been bestowed upon the family. They are described, in the order named, as follows (Burke, Heraldry, 1844);

>Arms.--"Argent, on a fesse between three bulls' heads erased sable, armed and ringed at the nose or, a fret between the two doves of the field"

>Crest.--"A dexter arm embowed, vested bendy wavy sinister of four or and gules, supporting with the hand a sword in pale the point resting on the wreath, the pommel surmounting a pair of spurs proper."

>Arms,II.--"Argent, three pales gules, on a canton of the second spur or, withing the bordure engrailed azure."

>Crest.--"On a ducal coronet gules, an eagle displayed or."

Bibliography.
>Burke. Encyclopedia of Heraldry. 1844
>Heitman. Officers of the Continental Army. 1914
>The Americana. 1914
>Savage. A Genealogical Dictionary of New England. 1860
>J.C Martindale. Knight Family. 1911
>Leigh and Knight. Chawton Manor. 1911
>Gentry. Family Names. 1892
>Barber. A history of the parishes of lynton and countisbury. 1907

If I take this somewhere will they be able to give me a copy of it?
>>
Arms are awarded to individuals, not to families
>>
>>1381578
Yeah lets argue semantics, thanks for the bump I guess. They are passed down through their family. So they are awarded to the family as they last longer than the individual.

Idiot.
>>
>>1381573
>How do I find my heraldry?
Check what the College of Arms granted you.

>>1381582
>They are passed down through their family. So they are awarded to the family as they last longer than the individual.
False.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.