[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>And YHVH said to Abram, “Lech Lecha (go forth, but literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 500x523
>And YHVH said to Abram, “Lech Lecha (go forth, but literally go to yourself) from your land and from your birthplace and from your father’s house, to the land that I will show you. (Genesis 12:1)

>All of this is intimated in the layered phrase that gives this week’s Torah portion its name: Lech Lecha. Lech means “go”. Lecha means “to you” or “for you”. This phrase is difficult to translate, but we might say “Get thee out!” or “Get yourself going!” However, Lech lecha literally means “go to yourself”. The journey of Abraham and Sarah is a spiritual journey, an inward quest for a new way of seeing the world, a journey of perception. As our spiritual father and mother, Abraham and Sarah bequeath to us a sublime idea: that all of reality is informed by a unifying Presence, and that Presence is calling us to greater purpose and awareness. Deeply aware of the ineffability of that presence, our tradition names it YHVH, Being Itself, or Life Unfolding. Each and every one of us is a unique expression of Life Unfolding, a Child of God, we might say, and God’s greatest desire, as it were, is that we know that truth. We are finite beings who sense the presence of the Infinite moving within us and all around us. That awareness calls us to fulfill our potential as expressions of infinite life. This calling turns out to be extremely difficult and elusive, and requires of us courage, tenacity, humility and faith. In the Jewish tradition, Abraham is our spiritual father because he perceives this truth, heeds the call and embarks on the journey.
>>
>>1375236
Abraham is my spiritual father, because I am a Christian.

If you are a Jew, Abraham is not your spiritual father. You are in the synagogue of satan.
>>
>>1375247
We're all of the spiritual nation of Israel anon.
>>
>>1375288

Not so much, no. I have no inheritance in the land of Israel.

I have something infinitely better.
>>
>>1375247
You stupid cunt I'm Catholic you missed the point
God didn't tell Abraham
>“Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:”
as our translations say. He told Abraham to go find himself.
I find that significant.
>>
>>1375316
You are also of the synagogue of satan, which explains how you can't understand this passage and have tried to mystify it.

Abram's people were evil. God told Abram to leave them. Abram left them, because he believed God, and God counted that as righteousness.

Has nothing to do with your idiotic 60's "finding yourself" nonsense.

If you ever become a Christian, you'll be able to read and understand the bible for yourself.
>>
>>1375324
Please enlighten me o wise one
>>
>>1375324
> For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Why persecute your brother? There is a lot worse things people do to religions and OP is just saying God said to Abraham "Go find your soul"

God tells this to all of His beloved.
>>
>>1375378
I can't. Only the Holy Spirit of God can.

If you want Him to, you have to do, say and believe what the bible tells you to do, say and believe.

You have to confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud, that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead. Do that and you will be saved; you will be born again, and you will regain the Holy Spirit that Adam lost.

Then with the Holy Spirit living in you, you can ask Him whatever you want, whenever you want, and learn to listen for His small, still voice.

Or you can continue following the False Prophet of the Whore of Babylon into the Lake of Fire.

Your choice.
>>
>>1375406
You realize you are persecuting someone who has the same belief as you do.

The Holy Spirit obviously lead anon to see the passage in a new light. That is it.
>>
>>1375415

You realize you're talking to a /pol/ troll, right? And that he's baiting you, and that you're falling for it?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 600x200
>>1375406
>>
>>1375450
Even robots are sentient beings.
>>
Well my point in this thread was that I found it significant that god told Abraham who was an old man to leave his comfy life and go find himself. To find his reason in life and he did without hesitation. For this reason he is called the man of faith for he left everything he had known in ur to leave to the middle of nowhere. I just though it was amazing that at an old age God can call us to our real calling but we have to have faith.
>>
>>1375395
I am the judge of who is, and who is not, my brother. If you'll simply review his posts, you will find not a brother in Christ, but a prisoner of Babylon.
>>
>>1375415
The Holy Spirit does not lead people into falsehoods, no.

You lack all discernment, and this place is probably not a good place for you to learn any.
>>
>>1375450

Catholics are not Christians.

If someone says they are a Catholic, and that is their highest and best identity, then they are clearly not followers of Christ Jesus, but members of the Catholic church.

Two completely different groups of people with two diametrically opposed eternal destinations.
>>
>>1375561
There is no judgment of man that is superior to the Judgement of the Lord.

The measure you use is added to you.

>>1375568
The Holy SPIRIT does lead someone like OP and innumerable amounts of others, increasing their faith by showing them the Light. The information in ->>1375236 this post in inspired by the same book and the same Holy Spirit you believe in.
>>
>>1375570
It is a mainstream assumption to say all Catholics are the same type of Christian.
>>
>>1375593
And again, I'll keep my own counsel as to who is my brother, and who is not.

Revelation 2
“I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3 and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary.

Again, the Holy Spirit does not teach falsehoods, and no prophecy has a private interpretation.

Shoo.
>>
>>1375601
Yes, one that I swim against as vocally as possible.

I generously added "if your highest and best identity is as a catholic" this time; I usually don't bother. The 1 or 2 Christians out of a thousand catholics that I would offend will understand. Or not. Their choice.
>>
>>1375593
Genesis 12
Promises to Abram
12 Now the Lord had said to Abram:

“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Show me where God told Abram to "find himself".
>>
>>1375632
Yeah dude, you can keep persecuting Christians if you want

>If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Matt 3:23

Unite the body of Christ. Amen
>>
File: 1375045067785.jpg (54 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
1375045067785.jpg
54 KB, 500x407
>>1375637

lol fundie protestants cant even follow the bible
>>
>>1375644
Right here

> - >>1375236
>>
>>1375656
The Body of Christ is not united with the Whore of Babylon, as you seem fit to do.
>>
>>1375666

Devil trips have never been more satisfying.
>>
>>1375693
But it is United with the Heart.
>>
>>1375695
>"And if the world hates you, know that it hated me before you.”
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.