[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they one day be seen as mythical figures that didn't exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: ffdi.png (584 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ffdi.png
584 KB, 960x540
Will they one day be seen as mythical figures that didn't exist?
>>
>mythical figures
They already are
>that didn't exist
No, why would that happen?
>>
In a few decades the only one they'll discuss is George Washington
>>
>>1374599
Nuclear war.
>>
>>1374599
People already seem to act like they weren't actually real and it's OK to just violate everything they laid out.
>>
>>1374618

Thank you for proving the whole "they are already seen as mythological figures" part.
>>
>>1374592
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apotheosis_of_Washington
>>
>>1374618
You mean like the Patriot Act?
>>
>>1374592
They already are viewed in a mythical way, the entire revolution is tbqh
>>
>>1374641

Fuck me this is some Bioshock Infinite kinda stuff
>>
>>1374648
Clues in the name bub. Don't like it, then you're not a fucking patriot and can fuck off to eurocuckland.
>>
>>1374618
I guarantee you have as little a clue about what the founding fathers intended as anyone else. You realize historians have been debating their intent for decades? What make you think you're privvy to their thoughts and aspirations?
>>
>>1374592
Absolutely.
>>1374641
Was going to share this but you beat me to it anon. The Apotheosis is such a trippy sight. It's not far from pic related.
>>
>>1374618
>People already seem to act like they weren't actually real and it's OK to just violate everything they laid out.

And you act like they were living gods who's word is divine law that can't be broken, ever.
>>
>>1374592
I don't think so, humanity has become a race of archivists. Maybe if some global catastrophe happens that wipes out most recorded information or leads to people being unable to interpret it properly.

>>1374667
It's a shame, from a purely aesthetic view, that the whole scheme of propagating the masonic ideology and the founding fathers as a pantheon of ''Secular Gods'', lost momentum. The closest thing you'll see in contemporary America is some redneck shouting about the Constitution and throwing tea into the sea. The Constitution itself is very much like a sacred text that needs to be interpreted.
>>
>>1374716
Well infringing on the constitution is a bit different from that
>>
>>1374967
Are you saying its divine?
>>
Democrats already think the Constitution doesn't exist.
>>
>>1374971
Is it OK to take away people's freedom of speech, right to privacy, a fair trial and due process, means to protect themselves, etc?
>>
>the constitution is sacred

>On similar ground it may be proved that no society can make a perpetual constitution, or even a perpetual law. The earth belongs always to the living generation. They may manage it then, and what proceeds from it, as they please, during their usufruct. They are masters too of their own persons, and consequently may govern them as they please. But persons and property make the sum of the objects of government. The constitution and the laws of their predecessors extinguished then in their natural course with those who gave them being. This could preserve that being till it ceased to be itself, and no longer. Every constitution then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of 19 years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right.
-Jefferson

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch2s23.html
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-05-14-33-22.png (158 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-05-14-33-22.png
158 KB, 540x960
>>1374974
Yep http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2002854/
>>
>>1374592
They already don't exist as they were.

Modern useless millennials have been indoctrinated that they were all deists, if that; that they were all vicious racists and slave owners; and that they stole everything they wrote from the Iroquois.

They're already gone.
>>
>>1375196
[spoiler]>Shoshanna[/spoiler]
>>
>>1375192
Jefferson. The scumbag that keeps on giving. To scumbags.
>>
>>1375206
Can literally watch a video of him saying it
>>
>>1375205
And here you are creating your own mythology about a people who are still here.

At least in your case, 350 years worth of benefit of the doubt can be given.
>>
>>1375205
>that they were all deists, if that; that they were all vicious racists and slave owners

But this is fact.
>>
>>1375209
>name-calling

>>1375205
Not quite fair. They were each unique individuals. Benjamin Franklin was a strong advocate of abolitionism.
>>
>>1375234
John Jay also wanted black emancipation. He freed all NY blacks.

Washington freed his slaves on his deathbed and opposed slavery in private.

Lots of presidents of that time pushed policies which constrained the development of slavery.
>>
>>1375216
This generation of millennials is useless. I'm sorry to be the one to have to break it to you.

The world has no safe spaces, and microaggressions are usually artillery shells.
>>
>>1375229
So, so useless.

>>1375234
Yes, it's a complete coincidence that fedoras love Jefferson and Franklin.
>>
>>1375339
What definition of "fedora" are we using?
>>
>>1375309
I feel it's often ignored that there were institutional and cultural restraints that hindered white abolitionists, to the benefit of less scrupulous whites. Institutional power can be used to protect institutional power against internal dissidents that would otherwise be benefactors. Not to say these people are perfect, more to highlight hurdles and the vulnerability that working against your own self interest give you, when in an institution that enforces your own "self interest". This is how hug boxes and cults police their members who are only conditional benefactors, into a strict social code. It's not unfair to use it as a model to observe other social structures.

I've heard it said that there was a culture of stewardship that included slaves in the property. It was your duty as an aristocrat to hold stewardship over your property, even if it was just something you were born with. Considering the importance of inter-personal politics between aristocrats who might want to align themselves to strict social behavior, and the effectiveness of this kind of social policing; it isn't something that should be ignored, as much as it isn't something that should be apologized for.
>>
>>1375346
Anyone who believes that the Puritans were not Christians; that 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were not Christians; that of those 52, 36 were preachers; that this country was not founded on Christian-Judeo framework; and that somehow God did not bless this country greatly, and did not remove that blessing oh, about 49 years ago.
>>
>>1375175

The Founding Fathers were ok with the Alien and Sedition acts.

Not to mention that the whole incorporation thing was something they were radically against, which means that for instance, they'd be spitting teeth over most modern firearm jurisprudence, states were certainly not intended to be bound by the 2nd amendment.
>>
>>1375368
I don't know any atheists who say puritans aren't christian
>>
>>1375368
>somehow God did not bless this country greatly, and did not remove that blessing oh, about 49 years ago
Ahah, I was taking you 100% seriously. Good sport, my good memester.
>>
>>1375368
>Christian-Judeo
Why not write it as it is commonly written: ''Judeo-Christian''. : DDDDD
>>
>>1375368
The united states were literally founded on masonic framework you dunce.
>>
>>1375337
I'm sorry to break it to you, but a large margin of millennials are working age now. Technology savviness and the team-orientation you're crying about are actually huge boons to productivity.

But you wouldn't know, because you've constructed your own generational safe space.

That or I'm being baited, which is fine, because these things warrant saying. You stereotype an obnoxiously common sentiment which, ironically, upsets its owners the moment it's challenged.
>>
>>1374663
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>What did he mean by this?
Back to /tv/, you ultra memer.
>>
>>1374662
The name is how I know that? Does that mean I also have to like the football team or fuck off to eurocuckland? Do patriots have to like things with "patriot" in the name? Not sure I understand your argument man

Also, complaining about shit the government does is one of the freedoms I enjoy in America. If you want a police state that sacrifices freedoms for safety and "patriotism" maybe YOU should fuck off to eurocuckland.
>>
>>1376827
You have a much more laissez-faire attitude about search and seizure, I presume.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.