[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man pulled himself up out of the dirt in an uncaring universe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: VAE VICTIS.jpg (544 KB, 1213x1465) Image search: [Google]
VAE VICTIS.jpg
544 KB, 1213x1465
Man pulled himself up out of the dirt in an uncaring universe. His purpose can be found by examining his form, like a tool. He exists in order to continue to exist, and that's why he does. His only duty is to continue to exist, and that entails a respect for his creators - his ancestors, his afterlife - his progeny and his enablers - his society. Beyond that I have never been convinced of any greater meaning to life.

Not using this to justify some """""alpha""""" bullshit or anything. I'm just saying that moralities only exists because they have managed to survive. Which is kind of self evident I suppose.

Do you disagree? Is this babby's first philosophy? I wouldn't mind being dissuaded.
>>
>>1371190
Is there not something not exactly spiritual but similar in respect for one's ancestors and belief in one's progeny?

I always though that spirituality was about being part of something greater, and the history of life on earth is pretty big. I can see how religion is a kind of respect for ancestors though. I can get behind religion, but not spirituality. Just can't will myself to believe in it.
>>
File: YAY VICTOR.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
YAY VICTOR.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
Well, g- guess I win haha!

t- take that! Christfags! haha
>>
>>1371222
This is ignoring that spirituality is an essential human need. I'd prefer not to mythologise science but instead pay my debt to my ancestors through fulfilling my own spiritual needs by worshipping the religion established by their tradition.
>>
>>1371222
True, anything of relevance has to be able to exist in this universe. Though many things merely exist like sloths and strange seaslugs at the bottom of the ocean, not everything prospers.

Also, death is all but inevitable for most of us, even if like the super rich we invest our money into biological immortality, it won't last forever.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.