[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization VI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 32
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (214 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
214 KB, 1920x1080
Leaked Civ VI roster (some of these will be DLC, based on recent Civ videos, there may be multiple leaders per civ far later on as DLC)

American - Teddy Roosevelt
Arabian - Saladin
Aztec - Montezuma
Brazilian - Pedro II
Celtic - Grace O'Malley
Chinese - Qin Shi Huang
Danish - Ragnar Lothbrok
Egyptian - Cleopatra
English - Victoria
French - Napoleon
German - Frederick the Great
Gran Colombian - Simon Bolivar
Greek - Alexander
Incan - Huayna Capar
Indian - Gandhi
Japanese - Hojo Tokimure
Malinese - Mansa Musa
Mongol - Genghis Khan
Ottoman - Suleiman
Persian - Cyrus
Polish - Mieszko I
Roman - Julius Caesar
Russian - Catherine
Sioux - Sitting Bull
Spanish - Isabelle I
Venetian - Enrico Dandolo
Zulu - Shaka
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
Egypt UA: Bonus Production towards Wonders and Districts to cities on a river. Districts and Wonders may be built on flood plains tiles.
Cleopatra UA: Outgoing trade routes generate additional Gold for Egypt. Incoming trade routes generate additional Gold for Egypt and additional Food for the trade route owner.
Egypt UU: Maryannu Chariot Archer (Replaces the Heavy Chariot). Increased movement on flat land tiles.
Egypt UI: Sphinx. Generates Faith and Culture, yields increased if placed adjacent to a Wonder.
>>
File: teddy_horizontal.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1013) Image search: [Google]
teddy_horizontal.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1013
>>1378454
America UA: Legacy bonuses from government types are earned twice as fast.
Roosevelt UA: Receives an extra Unique Unit in the Rough Rider (bonus to Combat Strength on hills, lower maintenance, generates Culture on kills). All units receive a bonus to Combat Strength when fighting on their home continent. National Park Improvements generate additional Tourism.
UU: P51-Mustang (Replaces the ???) Increased range, bonus against other aircraft units.
UB: Film Studio (Replaces the ???) Boosts Tourism output.
>>
>>1378457
England UA: Museums contain additional Artifact slots, and Archeologists are earned/built faster.
Victoria UA: Unspecified, one of the below.
UU: Sea Dog (Replaces the ???) Can 'bully' weaker units, has a chance to capture Naval units it defeats.
UU: Redcoat (Replaces the ???) Can embark and disembark without spending a movement point, increased Combat Strength when fighting on other continents.
UD: Royal Navy Shipyard (Replaces the Harbour) All Naval units trained in the city have +1 movement. Generates Great Admiral points. Generates Gold based on the number of Shipyards on separate continents.
>>
File: image.png (95 KB, 290x333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
95 KB, 290x333
>>1378454
>that face
>>
>>1378452
I really don't care about this game man, first now it looks like a fucking kids game with the style with their going the leaders instead of being portrayed like in civ 5 and earlier now the look like a cartoons. I would have bought new civ5 dlc instead of whatever they're releasing now
>>
I'm fairly certain the leak may be fake, or at least partially wrong. I remember another list that was this verbatim, except it had Toyotomi Hideyoshi instead of Hojo Tokimune.
>>
Bit boring tbqh
>>
File: leak maybe.png (273 KB, 630x462) Image search: [Google]
leak maybe.png
273 KB, 630x462
>>1378469
Found the old image I had saved. It mentions Hideyoshi and Elizabeth instead of Victoria, which has since been revealed.
>>
>>1378452
>Arabian - Saladin
But he's Kurdish.
>>
>>1378468
This. With modding civ 5 is already great. Would have bought a new big scenario tech leader mod dlc.
>>
any good civ 5 mods?
>>
Isn't it Hojo Tokimune?

I like the choice for Spain.

Germany should be Charlemagne.
>>
>>1378551
>Germany Charlemagne
He is the king of the Frankish Empire not Germany he did for the HRE but that still doesn't make him eligible to be the leader representing Germany that title should always go to Bismarck.
>>
>>1378454
I like all the effects and bonuses except for the lame chariot archer. Considering nearly everything is related to the Ptolemaic empire they could have gone with a pike phalanx or african elephants.
>>
>>1378452
I don't like them giving the title of German leader to "Friedrich the great". I don't think he is worthy it.
Otto the >great would be better in my opinion.
>>
>>1378452
>Russian - Catherine
Again? Christ. Are these legit leaked? I'm hoping this isn't true.
>>
>>1378452
>Polish - Mieszko I
so many choices and they go with a guy we know barely anything about? shame
>>
File: fat boy taft.jpg (3 MB, 1443x1891) Image search: [Google]
fat boy taft.jpg
3 MB, 1443x1891
>Brazil - Pedro II
Don't get me wrong, I love Pedro, but I hate repeats. Why not Vargas? It would've been spicy. Granted, there is no better Brazilian leader than Pedro II.

Regardless, I'm definitely not getting this game. Looks cartoonish as fuck, total shit.
>>
File: future laughing.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
future laughing.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>1378452
>a kurd is the leader of the Arabs
>>
File: begging.jpg (46 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
begging.jpg
46 KB, 612x612
>Danes
>Malinese
>Brazilians
>No Portuguese
End me now fample
>>
>>1378684
Portugal=Spain
tbqhwy
>>
>>1378700
Cherry picked wiki battle graphs in 5, 4, 3, 2 1...
>>
>>1378452

>India: Gandhi

What the fuck that makes me angry that they keep going with him every time when there are so many other interesting people in India's history that actually ruled it like Ashoka etc. Im not even Indian but its retarded. Also will they please pick an Egyptian leader other then fucking cleopatra. FUCK
>>
>>1378577
>Considering nearly everything is related to the Ptolemaic empire

Only Cleo's ability. The other three unique elements are either general egyptian or far more ancient.
>>
>>1378730
It's literally a meme.
Think they are only doing it because an early bug which would make him start global nuclear mass extinction quite frequently.
>>
game will be shit anyway. who cares
>>
If they're switching up most of the leaders from the last game anyways, why not replace Napoleon with Louis XIV?
>>
>>1378452

Why do they hate historical accuracy so much?

"Arabian"? Not "Ayyubid" or "Ummayad"?

To make it worse, Saladin isn't even Arabian to begin with.

"Celtic" rather than, say, Picts

"Cleopatra"? In all of Egypts history they took the Greek one? Why not Hatshepsut? Akhenaten? Narmer?

Gandhi should be expected tho. Not that it's great but it should be expected.

And ofcourse, Alexander as Macedonian not Greek.

Not to begin with the ugly graphics/art style

ffs
>>
>>1379004
Saladin only did really relevant things while leading Arabs.
>>
>1UPT

Pass.
>>
>>1379013

But he didn't lead "Arabs", he led the Fatimid and later the Ayyubid sultanates.

Many inhabitants were not Arab.

And why him? If you want to have an "Arabian" state why not go with, say, Al-Muaiwy I? Abd-Rahman III?

At least anyone that's actually Arabian, or just change the name of the nation.
>>
>>1378452
>no dutch or portuguese
Wtf is this shit
>>
>>1378452
>Roosevelt
>not Andrew Jackson
>Cleopatra
>Not Ramses 2
>Julius Caeser
>Not Augustus
>>
>>1378452
>Napoleon
>Not Louis XIV, Francois I, Charles de Gaulle or [spoiler]Léon Blum[/spoiler]
Not that i hate Napoleon, but he was already in Civ 5
>>
>>1378452
>no Canada
>no Australia
>no Belgium
>no Serbia
>no Albania
>no Ukraine

Shit roster.
>>
>>1379141
None of those countries matter
>>
>>1379141
>Belgium
>Special ability: 50% more damage against Civ in an era inferior to yours
>>
>>1379142
Canadian here, you're absolutely right.

But you gotta admit, playing as Belgium and becoming THE world super power would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>1379150
There's Victoria II for that
>>
>>1378700
quite triggered m8
>>
>>1379142
Colonial Belgium owned more land, and more people, and more resources, than Germany ever did.
>>
>China
>not yun sat Sen

>ENGLAND
>Victoria

>Arabia
>Saladin?

I like Persia being Cyrus instead of darius
>>
>>1378680
>>1378495
And Cleopatra isn't Egyptian, so what?
>>
>>1379159
Yeah and look how influential they are thanks to it :^)
>>
>>1379179
Literally king of the EU, and soon to be capital of the European Superstate.
You won't be so snappy when stormtroopers wearing the Belg... European Flag flag land in London to announce the #brentry.
>>
>Fredrick the Great OF PRUSSIA
>Leader of Germany
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1379141
>having shit taste

There's not a single interesting nation in that list, I mean what the fuck how is that possible?
>>
>>1379209
Poland (Prussia) created Germany.
>>
>>1378452
WHERE ARE THE BYZANTINES
>>
>>1379229
In between the Mongols and the Persians
>>
>>1379216
No they created the duchy of Prussia out of the Teutons ashes. The kingdom of Prussia was created after Brandenburg and Prussia fell under the same ruler
>>
>>1378452
>tfw no Felipe II
I mean I like Isabel,she is great,but I would like some variety
>>
File: 1465862314914.jpg (103 KB, 722x690) Image search: [Google]
1465862314914.jpg
103 KB, 722x690
>>1379236
delet this
>>
>>1379004
>"Cleopatra"? In all of Egypts history they took the Greek one? Why not Hatshepsut? Akhenaten? Narmer?
Yes, and? She ruled Egypt. She was quite the historical character. They already stated that they chose leaders based on personality more than anything else.
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MzQzMjA3NDM1.jpg (136 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MzQzMjA3NDM1.jpg
136 KB, 1200x1200
>>1379241
I would like Philip II too. Even if we probably will get a full black legend Philip I would be okay with it as long as he's portrayed cool.
>>
>>1379269
I would be ok with an evilish autostic Phillip,even if it is not historically accuerate.
>>
>>1379274
Well, he was not evil but he was a bit autistic. I mean, a spaniard who loves to work? It had to be autism.
>>
Looks like the Arabs got KURDED. Saged because shit game, though.
>>
File: 1465859837607.jpg (33 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
1465859837607.jpg
33 KB, 500x654
>>1379236
>>
>>1379004

Then why not Alexander or Augustus? They ruled Egypt aswel.
>>
>>1378458
>Museums
>Redcoats
This feels so fucking lazy. Museums were not exclusively British, and redcoats were rank and file infantry of mediocre quality.

Longbowmen and some trade oriented UA would make much more sense. But judging by the art style they want to take the series in a more casual direction so redcoats because le redcoats are coming lol.
>>
>>1378531
>With modding civ 5 is already great

Wrong, global happiness and one-tile-per-unit = unplayable garbage.
>>
>>1379494
>Museums were not exclusively British,

True but the Brits more or less invented archeology and to this day their museums are stuffed with treasures from around teh world, so it kind of fits.

>redcoats were rank and file infantry of mediocre quality.

Not really true, they were high quality professional troops in an era of conscripts. Plus, Firaxis is an American company and to the Americans, "Redcoat" is a synonym for "Brit" even to this day,so it's inevitable they would pick them as he UU.
>>
>>1379574
>True but the Brits more or less invented archeology and to this day their museums are stuffed with treasures from around teh world, so it kind of fits.
Still lazy. You could give France the exact same bonus and use Napoleon's art treasure hunts throughout Italy and Egypt as an excuse, and I'm pretty sure you can spin it around one way or another to make it applicable to Germany and a few other countries as well.

>Not really true, they were high quality professional troops in an era of conscripts.
What do you base it on? Conscription wasn't even a thing until the Napoleonic wars, and by that time the redcoats had been around for a century or two.

>Plus, Firaxis is an American company and to the Americans, "Redcoat" is a synonym for "Brit"
I guess that can't be helped. That's also why we have """""president""""" Ghandi instead of Ashoka the Great.
>>
>>1379644
>Still lazy.

They clearly wanted a civ to have a bonus on museums, and there is no better candidate than Britain. Really the Brits should have some kind of improved factory building, maybe one available earlier, but that would probably be too powerful and would lead to Britain conquering the whole world.... Can't have too much history in a civ game!

> Conscription wasn't even a thing until the Napoleonic wars

Mass conscription, sure.
>>
>>1379674
>>1379644
>> Conscription wasn't even a thing until the Napoleonic wars
>Mass conscription, sure.

Armies since ancient times were made up of a small cadre of full-time warriors plus a whole bunch of part-timers, often peasants hoping to make a fortune or simply pressganged into service. Professionalism is quite a late meme, despite the example of the Romans, and even Britain only adopted it during the Civil War (Cromwell's New Model Army).
>>
>>1378452
Arabian - Saladin

re
>>
>those leaders
>those pics
literally CivRev 3
>>
>>1378458
Victoria is cute! CUTE!
>>
File: Queen-Victoria-Young-Victoria.jpg (331 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Queen-Victoria-Young-Victoria.jpg
331 KB, 768x432
>>1379746

Vicky was a famous beauty in her youth. She lived so long we all think of her as an old woman, but she was a 10/10 young royal, would found dynasty in.
>>
>>1378452
>Teddy Roosevelt
Good enough choice
>Saladin
I support this choice
>Montezuma, Pedro
Don't know enough to really say
>Grace
1) If they make her the leader have her actual Gaelic name, that name just ruins the feeling and 2) There are better choices, such as Llewelyn Fawr
>Qin Shi Huang
Good enough for civ
>Ragnar Lodbrok
Stop obsessing over some wanderer who may or may not have even existed and recognize some decent Danish leaders such as Cnut or Valdemar
>Victoria
Don't know enough
>Cleopatra
Please Firaxis, read a book and choose a different leader. if it must be female, Hatshepsut. You did that right in Civ4.
>Napoleon, Frederick the Great, Bolivar, Alexander
I support these choices (but I think most of these civs could stand alternate leaders)
>Hojo, Mansa Musa
Don't know enough
>Genghis Khan, Suleiman
Good enough I guess
>Cyrus
Good choice.
>Mieszko
Don't know enough
>Caesar
Would prefer someone else but compared to some on here decent.
>Catherine
As good as we'll get from Firaxis, but I would like Ivan the Terrible
>Rest
Don't know enough
>>
>>1379141
They're all irrelevant.
>>
>>1378730
Gandhi is civilization's mascot. The only way to have indian leaders that aren't Gandhi in this series is to have several leaders for each civilization.
>>
>>1380013
Literally the only thing that justifies Ghandi is his popularity though. It's on par with having Kim Kardashian represent America, only slightly less retarded.
>>
>>1379574
They became "high quality professional troops" in the 19th century before that they were quite literally the "scum of the earth"
>>
>>1379807
Enjoy that hemophilia
>>
Norway: Harald Hairfair or Olaf the Holy
Not that it's ever going to happen, us being lumped in with Denmark what with city names and unique units in what is basically an insult. But what can one do, it's not exactly a eurocentric game by an account.
>>
>>1380172
If perhaps your nation didn't constantly get cucked by sweden and denmark then it would be on the list.
>>
>>1380209
I am Norwegian and I found it funny
>>
>>1378452
But the real question is:
>Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?
>>
>>1378573
Or, you know, the other guy.
>>
>>1378452
>Greek - Alexander
>not Agesilaus II
>Russia - Catherine "the great"
>again
>>
>>1380257
FUCK OFF ENGLAND
YOU'LL NEVER WIN WITH YOUR SHITTY RENAISSANCE-ONLY MILITARY UUs AND NOTHING ELSE GOING FOR YOU
>>
>tfw you're all the posts in this thread
>>
>>1380209
>cucked
Stop.
>>
File: Catherine_intro.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Catherine_intro.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>1380326
>not wanting Catherine's cleavage in every game
>>
>>1380813
>wanting a traitor to the nation representing your nation, purely because she was a whore for western ideology
""""the great""""
>>
>>1380815
>she believed in western ideology
So you are trying to say she was a superb ruler.
>>
File: 1425037853195s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1425037853195s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>1378452
This had better be bullshit. I don't see Korea on that list.
>>
>>1380823
>shitting on your own people's culture and religion for voltaire's ideals
no
>>
why no Assyria, Sumer or Babylon? I expected to be disappointed with No Hittites, but I expect 1 mesopotamian civilization at least.
>>
>>1378452
America better not be an underpowered civ again
>>
>>1380851
Which makes me think it's absolute garbage, or a list of an older version/ideas. Babylon has been in nearly every single version besides maybe one I believe. I don't see why they'd leave it out now.
>>
>>1379173

Actually Egypt was never referred to as Egypt until it became colonized by Greeks. Egypt is a Greek word. The only reason it persists today is because Latin barbarians can't into history.
>>
>>1380851
>>1380863
DLC you niggers, same as last time.
>>
>>1380848
>the West is terrible and the slavs had the right idea
Said no one ever.
>>
>>1380888
>who are the slavophiles?
Stop memeing at me you western fuck. At least read books so you can pretend to understand eastern culture.
>>
>>1380860
cultural better not be stupid strong victory type again
>>
firaxis will never have the balls to include the hebrews/israelites in this
>>
File: 1370320139463.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1370320139463.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
>>1380902
>Playing with cultural victories

Conquest is the only true way
>>
File: 1428071727943.jpg (12 KB, 235x212) Image search: [Google]
1428071727943.jpg
12 KB, 235x212
>>1380913
>wanting the brutal slugging match that is domination
do you not play large-scale games? It is no fun having to attempt to claim the 10 remaining cities of Attila's horde after it took back and forth nuking eight times to take one city
>>
>>1380926
I love the long, drawn out fights in no-mans land over cities that mean nothing. Victory means so much more than lolspaceship
>>
>>1378469
I remember seeing a fucking picture of hojo tho.
>>
>>1380840
Go cry into your kimchi and dog soup, gook.
>>
File: smug mosaic man.jpg (37 KB, 330x339) Image search: [Google]
smug mosaic man.jpg
37 KB, 330x339
>>1380891
>eastern
>culture
You are a pale shadow of the greeks.
>>
>>1381089
>laughing_Gurdjieff.jpg
>>
>>1381089
So is western culture, in all fairness.
>>
>>1381112
Minus the enlightenment.
>>
>>1381132
No. Nietzsche sat and looked at the world at the end of the 19th century and realized we were not equal to the Greeks in regards to what they had produced, and their entire society of competition.
That includes the Enlightenment.

Everyone is a pale shadow of the Greeks, save maybe China.
>>
>>1381150
>unironically taking Nietzsche seriously in this day and age, let alone considering him the end all be all
>>
>>1381156
>doubting Nietzsche in a post-Nietzsche world
You realize that his predictions and statements about culture have mimicked the course society has taken for the last hundred years, right? Go read his Last Man theory.
>>
>>1381156
>>1381166
Moreover, his thinking on dignity and the like are the reason we no longer see reasoning like Kant's in arguments.
I assume you've read Perpetual Peace: A Philosophical Sketch? Thinking that spawned from it was still present in the 40s, but is now gone and replaced by Nietzsche. The reason this seems illusive is because you don't realize how much of what Nietzsche said has become part of the common conscious, like how Sun Tzu's writings now seem like common sense, and the idea that the ideas in his work were not common sense seems impossible to us.
>>
THOSE TITS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YFh38ImZ58
>>
>>1381249
>that face
>it's still not my bae Theodora
>>
>>1380994
No, I mean there was another list before Hojo was revealed that had Toyotomi instead. OP's list is the same but with Toyotomi and Elizabeth switched to Victoria and Hojo.

I have the feeling someone just made up a rough list and tried revising it later after some of his guesses turn out incorrect.

>>1378474

Like I posted earlier, I saved this image before Hojo and Victoria were confirmed. It mentions Elizabeth and Toyotomi instead.

If it really is a real leak, I guess it could just mean the original leaker made rough guesses as to who some of the leaders were.
>>
>>1381260

>theodora

fuck off
>>
>>1381283
I bet you like Dido, fag
>>
>the historical leaders will never have conversations with you like in a historical VN where you can plan organized actions against the other leaders

Civ will never be good.
>>
Will leaders act historically accuarate?
>>
>>1381363
All true waifus are fictional. [spoilers on his];_;[/spoilers on his]
>>
>>1381383
What do you mean?
>>
>>1381431
If the AI would emulate the leaders that they represent
>>
>>1381377
>Civ will never be like King of Dragon Pass
>>
>>1380902
>implying Diplomatic wasn't the easiest victory to get
>>
>>1381440
Somewhat, yes. They've already gone into the AI of Cleopatra and Teddy R..
>>
>>1379494
the abilities of the redcoats fits with the overall theme of victoria's england in-game. longbows don't and they would come earlier anyway
>>
How soon until mods to fix the art "style"?
>>
>>1379943
they've chosen them for gameplay and characterisation reasons because it's a game not an awards ceremony
>>
>>1378474
>all the dlc civs the same as civ v

seems legit
>>
>>1381512
it's not that bad. the map looks really good zoomed out
>>
>>1378457
>culture on kills
AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE
>>
>Brazil gets Pedro II again
I would rather get Vargas honestly, nothing against the Emperor, but Vargas was a 10/10.
But since beggars can't be choosers I am happy.
At least the argies are gonna get butthurt we are getting in and they aren't again.
>>
>>1378457
>government Legacy bonuses
The hell is a legacy bonus?
>>
>>1381556
My first guess would be that you get some sort of points for not changing govt types.
>>
>>1378452
>Montezuma
>not GOAT Nezhualcoyotle

Hope was... A mistake.
>>
>>1381522
Eh. I don't mind the stylized fog of war areas, since it throws back to the map borders decorated with sea monsters and such. What does bother me are the buildings and the units. The units especially. Four pikemen in a formation? Come on. I can't get my mad tercio boner going with only four men.
>>
>>1378452
>Arabian "civilization"
>Saladin
>>
>>1381571
So America is going to have a lot of revolutions.
>>
>>1381383

Yes, kind of. They will have "historic agendas" that will influence their ai, for example Teddy hates civs who colonise his continent.
>>
File: coffee1.jpg (7 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
coffee1.jpg
7 KB, 250x194
>>1378452
>American - Teddy Roosevelt
Should have been Lincoln.
>>
>>1381591
We have a revolution every four years, right?
>>
>>1380940
Wars of attrition are fun as fuck
>>
>>1381600
why?
>>
>>1381600
Lincoln is less of a character.
>>
File: Ddraig.png (181 KB, 677x565) Image search: [Google]
Ddraig.png
181 KB, 677x565
>>1378452
>Celtic
>Implying the Welsh are the same as the Irish, Scots, Picts, Cornish etc
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1381626

They're close enough, consider yourself fortunate that they're not lumping Gallic Celts in with Insular Celts this time.
>>
>>1381600
Found the Civ 5 baby.
We had Lincoln standard until 4, where we got him as expansion content.

Washington was a good break. Lincoln doesn't have the emotions to convey the American Spirit.

>no Jefferson
>no Jackson
>>
>>1378452
>Meiji is snubbed for being the leader of Japan again
>Celts aren't led by Brian Boru or maybe even Michael Collins

god dammit sid
>>
File: dom_pedro_ii1.jpg (2 MB, 3072x3880) Image search: [Google]
dom_pedro_ii1.jpg
2 MB, 3072x3880
THE EMPIRE WILL RISE AGAIN
>>
>>1381674
they would be boring
>>
>>1380815
Right, she's not even Russian. So that's why she keeps reappearing.
>>
>>1381934
She keeps reappearing because they're starving for influential women in history that a) were actual leaders and b) are at least somewhat known and important.

That's why Cleopatra and Catherine keep appearing. If anything, I'm surprised they haven't run Theodora and Dido to the ground.
>>
>>1381934
nationality wasn't really important then
>>
>>1378573
Charlemagne isn't counted among the HRE emperors.
Those start with Otto the Great.

Though you also have to consider that until Königgrätz Austria was part of "Germany"
>>
>>1379209
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>1382034
>Theodora

Why not fucking Irene?
>>
>still Suleiman for Turks

REEEEE ATATÃœRK WHEN?
>>
File: file.png (345 KB, 636x395) Image search: [Google]
file.png
345 KB, 636x395
>>1379746
nah
>>
Hopefully Napoleon is a bit more war focused this time around
>>
WHERE IS MY GREATEST KING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Enrico Dandolo

Fuck off Enrico.
>>
>>1380848
didnt she conque the turks in south ukrayne, expan in Siberia reaching Alaska and partition poland even more?
>>
>>1378452
>Grace O'Malley
Are the Celts ever going to get a relevant leader?
Are they just relegated to the civs that get female leaders to bump up the female representation?
>>
>>1382721
>Are they just relegated to the civs that get female leaders to bump up the female representation?
Pretty much
>>
>>1381674
Should be led by Gerry Adams tbqh
>>
>>1382721
they chose the leader because pirates
>>
>>1378452
>Celtic
>Grace O'Malley

What the fuck even is this
>>
>>1381674
Should just call it Ireland, don't get the point of making some ridiculous ahistorical "Celtic" civilisation
>>
>>1382721

Yeah, it's just pandering.
>>
>>1382829
it's part of the entertainment industry, of course it panders whether it's to males or females
>>
>>1381656
What is implied by "baby"?
>>
>>1382144
Theodora is more well known, isn't she?

>>1382829
There should be an option to be able to choose your leader, so that we could get actually influential, varied and interesting leaders and they could still pat themselves on the head for being so progressive and being a "herstorical" videogame.

>>1383344
He made a mistake, he obviously meant to write babby.
>>
>Spanish
>Not Carlos I

>Russian
>Not Peter the Great or Ivan the Terrible

>Egyptian
>Fucking Cleopatra

>Japan
>Not Nobunaga, Meiji the Great, or Hideyoshi

I dont even play much Civ due to Paradox games consuming my need for strategy but these choices are always shit.

>>1379141
Only one from that list I'd like is Belgium for increased damage against Sub saharan african civilizations :^)
>>
>>1380815
Catherine done good for Russia. There is nothing wrong with her. Would you want Nicky II instead?
>>
File: 1431480788216.jpg (32 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
1431480788216.jpg
32 KB, 398x409
>their will never be a republican era leader for Rome
>Romulus will never lead Rome even though Dido got to lead Carthage
>tfw they won't even give us Hadrian
>>
>>1383370
>Carlos I
Awful king
>>
>>1378452
>Egyptian - Cleopatra
>Greek - Alexander
>Roman - Julius Caesar
>Spanish - Isabelle I

fucking hate this stereotyping. Rome existed for more than time of Julius Caesar to Augustus. they could literally add Traian, Hadrian, Diokletian or Constantine for a change. or even like Marcus Aurelius or some such relatively known emperor.
Also, Cleopatra, really? that's not even the true ancient Egypt.
Isabelle is apperently the only Spanish ruler they know of. I guess people are pleased with Alexander as a Greek ruler, it kinda makes sense, but there could've been more variety.
>>
>>1383849
>Isabelle is apperently the only Spanish ruler they know
Isabel is fine,she was a great ruler,and they need some woman leaders for marketing purourses.
>>
>>1379209
He literally died around a century before it the german empire was founded
baka family
>>
>>1378452
>venice is back

based
>>
>>1379004
I think it started out as a matter of the original devs on Civ I just not being that well versed in world history to that degree, and now at this point it's a combination of tradition (people want to play as their favourite civs from their experience with the series) as well as a matter of recognizeability (civ's popularity is super mainstream compared to pretty much any other 4x, and they work pretty hard to keep it extremely accessible. I mean this shit's getting sold to grade schools right now)
>>
File: 1434644431800.png (566 KB, 550x510) Image search: [Google]
1434644431800.png
566 KB, 550x510
>>1385117
>I mean this shit's getting sold to grade schools right now
http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/23/civilization-v-is-set-to-invade-north-americas-high-schools/

Jesus Christ.
At least it's a modified CivilizationEDU version.
>[Civ 5] is highly educational even in its unmodified state
>>
>>1385264
>>[Civ 5] is highly educational even in its unmodified state
To be fair, I've learnt alot of city names from civ
>>
File: nasser.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nasser.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
>>1379173
Saladin would be good for an Islamic civilization.

Nasser would be better for the Arabs, he actually represented them exclusively.
>>
>>1378452
>Danish - Ragnar Lothbrok

You must be lyin?
>>
File: 1452280018809.png (47 KB, 1200x2340) Image search: [Google]
1452280018809.png
47 KB, 1200x2340
>>1378684

Brazil is already a faction.

>Portugal will be a DLC faction, most likely.
>>
These better be fake.
>>
>>1379142
>>1379150
I dunno, I think a Civ: Colonies expansion would be pretty cool

French colonies, english colonies, spanish colonies, german colonies

lot of room for fun
>>
>>1382169
You mean Gustav Vasa?
>>
>>1381656
>Jackson
never happening
>>
>the same shitty civs all over again

why cant they actually put in something new for once
>>
>>1386794
What do you want faggot? Africa and America alredy have too many covs for their importance alredy
>>
>>1386816
europe is still filled with a lot of good ones

switzerland
hungary
baltics
finland

those are just a few of them, its gettinf annoyinf seeing the same shit in every game with slightly better graphics
>>
>>1380840
No need for Korea when we already got two eastern asian civilizations that deserve to be in the game more.
>>
>>1380870
Completely false. Egypt is a greek word, but it was used by the greeks before Alexander got it. Herodotus uses Egypt.
>>
>>1386824
>switzerland
>hungary
>baltics
>finland
M8,those are basically none civs except Hungary.
>>
>>1386876
they still have a lot of culture and history even though theyre small

bulgaria could be another good one
>>
>>1386877
>they still have a lot of culture and history even though theyre small
Have you been to those places. Except Switzerland and Hungary,they pretty boring and empty places,and bring nothing new to the table.
>>
>>1382034
>If anything, I'm surprised they haven't run Theodora and Dido to the ground.

Give them time, those two would return. Although I would prefer Irene like the other anon said. Not only she was an actual ruler unlike Justinian's bitch, but she fits better being 'Byzantine' and not roman.
>>
>>1382721
Irrelevant leaders for irrelevant civ. It's like pottery.
>>
>>1378452
stop posting this shit
>>
>>1378452
I never got the appeal of civilization games
>Everyone has the same units with a few unique units
>Everyone is led by an immortal god-emperor/empress.
>>
>>1383845
Butthurt comunero detected.

He would be better than fucking Isabel again and would fit better the conquistador theme that, no doubt, civ6 will have for Spain again. The nation has a long history, having her again is completely unjustified and boring. Charles is a good option to not having Isabel again, the only better alternative would be Philip II.
>>
>>1383849
Pericles in civ 4 was rad.
>>
>>1385293
Nasser is actually a great idea.
>>
>>1386269
All interesting colonies except Mexico, maybe Argentina and perhaps a Boer civilization are already in OP list.
>>
>>1386906
>Butthurt comunero detected.
Comuneros were right about everything
> He would be better than fucking Isabel again
Isabel is better than him at everything.
> and would fit better the conquistador theme
He tried to arrest Cortez,and didn't finance any American expedition.
> The nation has a long history, having her again is completely unjustified and boring
Not unjustified,she created the Spanish empire basically. France has always had Napoleon,and they also have a rich history.
> Charles is a good option
He was a moron that only destroyed the economy.
> the only better alternative would be Philip II.
Phillip would be fine,but Pelayo,Frarnando III or Jaime el conquistador would be good options too.
>>
>>1386925
>Not wanting Chile with Pinochet
>Not wanting Cuba with Castro
>>
>>1386824
Switzerland works better as a city state and there's no reason to include Hungary when Poland already covers the place of medieval central european power. Just like we didn't get khmers in civ5 because we had the siamese.

You must be joking suggesting the baltics and Finland. Even the other dude who wanted fucking Australia and Belgium made more sense.
>>
>>1385296
Gotta piggyback on that Vikings hype, yo.
>>
Video for Hojo was put online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHgVlRdO72U
>>
>>1386936
Cuba is actually a good idea, add that one. Too politically incorrect, sadly.
>>
File: 1466082563933.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1466082563933.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>1386955
>Bonus Meiji restoration
>No Meiji
>>
>>1386930
I don't really like the idea of having medieval rulers of only Castille, Leon or Aragon. If I had to choose one it would be Alfonso I of Aragon. Great leader and he was king of all christian Spain except the catalan counties for a time although the project didn't succeed. Would be a great Reconquista themed leader like those you suggest, too.
>>
>>1378454
>the greatest beauty in the mediterranean.
>>
>>1386994
>I don't really like the idea of having medieval rulers of only Castille, Leon or Aragon
Isabel was just the queen of Castile too.
>>
>>1387004
Yes and that coul be one of my arguments against her, although probably the weakest one. Being married to Ferdinand kinda gets her a pass.

The perfect option would be to have the two catholic kings together as "one" leader, of course, but that's not gonna happen.
>>
>>1386967
They wouldn't add Cuba with Castro because the old bugger just won't die.
>>
>>1383348
>Theodora is more well known, isn't she?
The general public doesn't know either of them.
>>
>>1379266

She's the most overrated person in history, bar none. She was a whorish bungling schemer only noteworthy for her interactions with actual important people and her leadership directly led to Egypt's annexation. The only real reason to pick her is because so few nations in history have any important leaders with tits.

Still, not as awful as how Total War Medieval 2 went on about her in their Egyptian campaign intro. Yeah, a Hellenic slut from 1100 years ago is real relevant in Muslim Arab history, Total War. And where are my chariots and Sphinxes and Jewish slaves?
>>
>>1387244
>She was a whorish bungling schemer
Aren't those the traits of strong independent womyn that people praise this days?
>>
>>1387244
>>1387267
Justinian was a cuck, Theodora was a cuckqueen.

Byzantines are cucks, remove them.
>>
>>1387306
t. procopius
>>
>>1386930
this guy is right, the Trastamaras were better than the Habsburgs.
>>
>>1386857

But not by the people who lived there. It's about as accurate as calling every nomad tribe Scythians. Besides Cleopatra is a Hellene, this is essentially two greek civs. We should at least get the Seleukids if they're gonna pull this crap.
>>
Nothing good has or will come about of the Civilization series of games since IV.
>>
>>1388181
>Nothing good has or will come about of the Civilization series of games since IV.
Civ 5 is superior to 4 with all the expansions
>>
>>1386298
Yeah, RIP.
>spawn a political party out of your enemies
>remain in decent standing until the last 30 years or so

I wouldn't pass up Grant, Polk, or maybe even Taylor.
>>
>>1388181

This. I was playing as the sumerians when the technologically and numerically superior Persians declared war for no reason. Managed to hold all territory due to having fortified the isthmus which formed our only border, and having complete control of the inland sea which abuts our territory due to a canal city.

They sent a dozen stacks through a single desert tile separated from my bastion city by a river and surrounded by a crossfire on three sides with fortified hills.

Still, they were winning by sheer numbers, but I inflicted such heavy casualties they made peace. We wouldn't have lasted another turn ;).

One unit per tile and that entire war becomes completely retarded.
>>
Remind me why people want unit stacking back.
>>
>>1388203
In absolutely no way.
>>
>>1378452

Eh. Civilization is neither civil nor a zation.
>>
>>1388254
At the most basic, convenience. Moving the vast carpet of units across a map is a fucking pain in the ass.

At a less basic level: immersion. It makes no fucking sense that you can only have one type of troop situated in a metropolis the size of New York.

Finally, because one unit per tile didn't add anything to the game. The maps were too small to actually make hex based tactics a workable thing, and making them large enough to do so simply isn't tenable with the format of a civilization game.
>>
>>1388254

Read the post literally right above your post.
>>
>Zulu
>No Ethiopia
Fucking Bantus replacing the mighty and worthy.
>>
>>1387518
this never fails to make me laugh
>>
File: 1465755798273.jpg (74 KB, 737x558) Image search: [Google]
1465755798273.jpg
74 KB, 737x558
>>1388288

Civ sucks. Paradox games rule.

Put Civ in the trash.
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.