[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White Rajahs of Sarawak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>So James told me "Fuck this, i want to become a king in Borneo" and he didi it! The absolute madman!

So here let's discuss the Kingdom of Sarawak and the circumstances that led to it's creation.
>>
>>1363524
History never fails to amaze me.
>>
>>1363524
Brunei got problems with criminals and shit, James Brooke decides to help Brunei and he is rewarded Sarawak. Something like that
>>
>>1363580

>tfw you were born too late to be rewarded your own kingdom by some southeast asian monarch you helped killing a bunch of pirates
>>
>James Brooke was real
Holy shit what
>>
>we wuz rajahs n sheeit
>>
>>1363588
>ywn have sex with all the cute malays after liberating them from pirates
>>
>>1363943
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brooke

As real (And as awesome) as it gets.
>>
>>1363958

Except this shit actually fucking happened, absurd as it may seem. This here is one of the reasons i just fucking love history.
>>
>>1364188
Think about this: the novels I read as a kid were about pirates in Malaysia. The villain was James Brooke, Rajah of Sarawak, who usurped the protagonist's throne. Twenty years later I discover he was a real person. What the fuck man.
>>
>>1364196
And there was a dynasty of black pharaohs too, so they wuz actually kangz
>>
>>1364315
"we wuz" is reserved for false claims of lineage and falsehoods.

its the most misused meme on 4chan.
>>
>>1363524
Sarawak people today still appreciate the memory of the Brooke Dynasty.

t. a malaysian who knows some people from Sarawak
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.