[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why not worship Mary?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: heart_i5.jpg (75 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
heart_i5.jpg
75 KB, 250x336
Why not worship Mary?
>>
>>1363135
I don't want to worship anyone.
>>
Worship a lady? Sounds like some pagan shit m8
>>
>in hospital and intern is handing the doctor all the tools during surgery
>patient thanks intern instead of doctor
>>
Because worship in Modern English means adore with latria.
>>
>>1363156
>pagan shit
I wonder if that's the reason Protestants are so obsessed with Mary worship and Orthodox and Catholics are so defensive of whatever it is they actually do.
>>
>>1363135
Because she's not God, dingus
>>
>>1363135
Jesus Christ said: “You should pray like this: ‘Our Father in heaven . . . ’” He also said: “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me. . . . If you ask for anything in my name, I will do it.”—Matt. 6:9; John 14:6, 14,
>>
Know Mary know Jesus
No Mary no Jesus
>>
>For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed.

Calling someone blessed is different from worshipping them

> and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!

Elizabeth does not worship Mary but calls her blessed

>The angel appeared to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

The Lord is with Mary. If one goes to Mary they are not far from the Lord at all because the Lord is with Mary. To pray to Mary is to get closer to the Lord, especially for a being who is trying anything to get closer to a spiritual unity with the Father.
>>
>>1363135
Why worship her? Did she do anything special?
>>
>>1364424
This.

Being used as a vessel is not an achievement.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.