[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever consider the fact that there are young people right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Do you ever consider the fact that there are young people right now with horrifying diseases that will kill them soon? Do you ever consider the fact that there are innocent people in solitary confinement right now?

That's just the start of the mindfuck. The crazier thing is: are we any luckier, really? We all take in a finite amount of pain, and then we all die. The numbers vary, but isn't the human condition fundamentally inhuman?
>>
>>1362934
>isn't the human condition fundamentally inhuman?
go back to facebook posting. I get you though, life is hard and our suffering is relative. In 500 years our lvies will seem like utter shit, full of physical suffering and invasive medical procedures and people getting old and sick and stuff.

Anyway, I just want to live on a deserted island with a a cool chick. Why couldnt life just grnt me that..
>>
Do your part to support the construction of the Machine. Contemporary suffering is irrelevant.
>>
>>1362945
I have a theory that the human mind gets used to anything (literally anything) within the span of about two years.

This means we are always looking back on the past and thinking how miserable they must have been. But there's no difference. Aren't we miserable a lot of the time? I know I am.

Happiness is what you get when something improves. Unhappiness is what you get when something gets worse.

Which means that if you have a lot of room for small improvements, you could have a bunch of happy years ahead of you.

Prison would be fine after about two years, as long as you could study something.
>>
>>1362934
No.
>>
>>1362958
But it is also based in perception. You perceive something to be worse than something else with an emotional filter. You can use logic to trump your perception and create a better view. Sadly this takes effort, so not everyone is willing or able to do it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.