[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: eunuch's grandson.webm (3 MB, 498x280) Image search: [Google]
eunuch's grandson.webm
3 MB, 498x280
Why were eunuchs so often vilified in traditional Chinese historiography?
>>
>>1362698
Because they came to hold a lot of power in the court, had a hand in all sorts of intrigues and were pretty self serving in general.
It actually has nothing to do with the fact that they're eunuchs, if another group composed of people with intact benis and balls did the same things they did they would be vilified as well. You couldn't criticize the Emperor for being a weak kuk of course.
>>
>>1362698
Dunno.
Weren't they made eunuchs so they'd be more trustworthy? Because they couldn't start their own dynasty's and nepotism would be less of an issue?
Maybe it was a machismo thing. They weren't quite men but still had a lot of power and that raised a few alarms?
>>
Non-men are the least trustworthy creatures.
>>
Imagine a creature which does everything in pursuit of sex

Now imagine that creature without a dick

What the FUCK does it want?
>>
>>1362731
Theoretically they should be more trustworthy. In practice, whenever Emperors decided to give them too much power, things went downhill.
>>
File: 1458011746198.jpg (277 KB, 1235x1655) Image search: [Google]
1458011746198.jpg
277 KB, 1235x1655
>>1362750
That's actually a little disquieting.
>>
File: THE_RAVAGES_OF_TRAPS.jpg (1006 KB, 1681x1300) Image search: [Google]
THE_RAVAGES_OF_TRAPS.jpg
1006 KB, 1681x1300
#notalleunuchs
>>
>>1362698
Yo i've always wanted to watch these romance of the 3 kingdoms shows, where should I start. Preferably a good modern one. I don't mind if its a little dry, I dunno how dramatic these are or if they are action packed maybe?
Whats the name of the series and where can I pirate them.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1362750
Dwarf fortress
>>
The important thing is that if you search for Cao Cao on google, you get a bunch of Dynasty Warrior game sprites.
>>
>>1362698
they got no dick
>>
>>1363105
Words cannot describe how much this angers me.

Fuck Dynasty Warriors.

>>1363071
And fuck Ravages of Time too.
>>
>>1362698
>eunuch
>has a grandson
wot
>>
>>1363190
Eunuchs (and childless persons) adopted children (sometimes even posthumously!) in order to maintain a legal succession line so that they would have "descendants" to maintain ancestral temples and make regular sacrifices.
>>
I thought eunuchs got their balls (not dick) cut?
>>
>>1363203
Fuckin neat0, thanks for the info!
>>
>>1363055
Testicle envy
>>
>>1363205
It depends. A eunuch is someone with no balls. Sometimes they had their dicks cut off too though.
>>
>>1363226
Wouldn't that make it impossible for them to pee, or at least really messy?
>>
>>1363227
...you sit down and wipe
>>
>>1363227
Ive always wondered. Fucking varys and theon.
What happens when a dickless man gets a hard on? Is that even possible?
The whole scene with Theon and his sister in the brothel made me think of this, and i was squeamish the entire time.
>>
>>1363239
Of course they can't get a hardon if they have no cock. Their libido is significantly reduced by the removal of their balls anyway. If it was done while they were a child they will have a very stunted sexual growth and they won't really go through puberty.

>>1363227
They have to sit down. Their urethra is still there.
It's an incredibly fucked up and barbaric thing to do to a person no matter how you look at it ofc.
>>
>>1363227
Messy. Full-castrated eunuchs were known to suffer incontinence and constantly wet themselves.

If the surgery is done wrong and the urethra ends up blocked, than the eunuch ends up dying a painful death within a few days.

>>1363239
A eunuch half-castrated (remove testicles, keep penis) after puberty can still gain erections due to the hormones coming from other glands. In fact, half-castrated eunuchs were popular lovers due to the lack of a possibility of pregnancy.
>>
>>1363257
You can't really have a full erection. It's like a chub desu

Also castration means just balls, so it's not "half"
>>
In the Arab world eunuch boys were highly sought after and expensive

Many were kidnapped from sudan and tortured while having their penises and balls removed in an excruciatingly painful month long process at the hands of coptic egyptians

The mortality rate was staggering
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.