[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A society's worth is ultimately determined by its ability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Disturbing.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Disturbing.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
A society's worth is ultimately determined by its ability to destroy other societies.

You know it's true.
>>
>>1361639
>t. Benito Mussolini
>>
No, it's generally determined by the qualify of their output in the humanities.
>>
>>1361639
>society's worth

what do you mean?
>>
>Jimbo, did you know that we used to violently put genetic trash to death? And that a few decades after that, we had a societal golden age? Isn't that just quackin' crazy?
>>
>>1361657
All your humanities are worth less than shit when your country gets glassed.

>>1361658
That some societies are better than others.
>>
>>1361657
Kinda useless if it's in a language no one reads.
>>
>>1361663
>That some societies are better than others.
Societies military output doesn't matter when it all is devoured by red giant sol.
>>
>>1361663
>All your humanities are worth less than shit when your country gets glassed.
Everything is worthless if it is destroyed, what's your point?
>>
>>1361639
More like control and dominate but wrecking applies too Hugh
>>
Wow, then the Mongols must be one of the most valuable and venerable societies ever, right?

Oh wait, they're meme shit and nobody likes those faggots because they lacked the (very limited) foresight needed to pay it forward, unlike the West.
>>
>>1361673
Regardless, as long as societies exist, some will be better than others.

>>1361674
My point is humanities aren't gonna help you tear down other societies, friend. In fact, they tend to get in the way.
>>
>>1361639
Are these posts with Hugh Neutron supposed to be a joke despite the OP vehemently defending their point, or are people unaware of the fact that Hugh Neutron image posts are supposed to make the point being made look stupid?
>>
>>1361689
See
>>1361685
>>
>>1361689
your inner Darwin stinks kid.
>>
>>1361692
>or are people unaware of the fact that Hugh Neutron image posts are supposed to make the point being made look stupid?
Well I was in this category.
>>
>>1361685
Societies don't retain their worth, IE their ability to destroy other societies indefinitely. At some point, the Mongols became an inferior, "meme" society because others emerged.
>>
>>1361689
>My point is humanities aren't gonna help you tear down other societies, friend. In fact, they tend to get in the way.
How is tearing down other societies of value? Does burning money generate economic value?
>>
>>1361689
are you trying to get a social Darwinism discussion started?
>>
>>1361701
Darwin was and is right, though.
>>
>>1361707
So now you're saying it is worthless.
>>
>>1361708
>How is tearing down other societies of value?

It paves the way for your society's supremacy.
>>
>>1361639
The Spartans were arguably the best of the Greek city-states at destroying other societies. Athens was good at conquering and ruling other societies but it didn't destroy them, but Sparta did exactly what you say in OP, they destroyed and enslaved entire populations.

They've left behind no notable architecture or cultural works of any sort. Nothing, zero.

Checkmate.
>>
>>1361639
All the earth is worthless and will soon be gone.
>>
>>1361722
>Implying culture matters beyond its martial scope

Such a deluded little man.
>>
>>1361714
No, I'm saying something doesn't retain their worth indefinitely.
>>
>>1361711
partially.

His ideas were used push an ideology to justify Francis Drake, and other english """""""""Sirs"""""""".
>>
>>1361725
And your mind-sapping fiction along with it.
>>
>>1361720
So? Destroying all the gold doesn't make turd more valuable.
>>
>>1361743
Since you're into scat terms, scraping off the shit around the gold is the general idea.
>>
File: fatty2.jpg (161 KB, 660x530) Image search: [Google]
fatty2.jpg
161 KB, 660x530
>>1361727
>t. you

I bet you open-carry and have an EDC.
>>
>>1361754
Good meme.
>>
>>1361760
My overweight friend, the only meme here is your ideology.
>>
>>1361783
My ideology is flawless, as human history is only a massive struggle for power between societies. Take your Finnish memes elsewhere.
>>
>>1361796
Do you suppose that might makes right?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.