[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I start with Stoicism? Can I be Ubermensch and be Stoic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: stoics.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stoics.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
How do I start with Stoicism? Can I be Ubermensch and be Stoic at the same time?
>>
>>1360200
The Ubermensch is a stoic by his very nature
>>
>>1360200
Read the Enchiridion and the works of Seneca. Marcus Aurelius too.
Also look into Epicureanism. The letter to Menoeceus pretty much summarized that philosophy.
>>
You start with Stoicism by starting with the Pre-socratics, then going to Plato and Aristotle. Only then will you be ready
>>
Start with Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, and if you find that agreeable just dive into the other suggestions in the thread. Meditations is the most accessible of the Stoic canon, so to speak.
>>
Meditations is probably the easiest work to start with.
>>
Stoicism is for cucks
>>
>>1360200
>Can I be Ubermensch and be Stoic at the same time?

No.
>>
Read the Enchiridion my friend.
>>
>>1361190
May you find Jesus in your bed, anon.
>>
>>1361190
t. Untermensch
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.