[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the board we should use to discuss Theater?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: Book of Mormon.jpg (71 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Book of Mormon.jpg
71 KB, 640x360
Is this the board we should use to discuss Theater?
>>
>>1352462
Technically it should be in /lit/, but I'm sure we could have a nice historical theater threat.
>>
>>>/b/
>>
>>1352483
I asked /lit/ and they said that /lit/ is only for things written down, and not for actual productions. Where "Humanities" seems to make it fit decently. I don't know, there's no real perfect fit, I'm just trying to find the best place to actually talk about it.

>>1352490
You can't talk about jack shit on /b/
>>
yep! theater/performing arts are humanities
>>
>>1352494
>I asked /lit/ and they said that /lit/ is only for things written down, and not for actual productions
They're wrong, discussion productions of Shakespeare, for instance, has always been /lit/

Musicals are /mu/, however.
>>
Watch Strindberg! Miss Julie and A Father are good.

Where can I find quality recorded Ibsen plays?
>>
File: 1444482391231.jpg (33 KB, 391x381) Image search: [Google]
1444482391231.jpg
33 KB, 391x381
>mfw a high school drama student calls himself a thespian
>>
File: nathan-lane.jpg (60 KB, 300x239) Image search: [Google]
nathan-lane.jpg
60 KB, 300x239
Lane?
>>
>>1353097
What abouut him?
>>
I prefer musicals over plays. I've seen Book of Mormons, Avenue Q, Cats, Anything Goes, Chicago, Thoroughly Modern Millie, South Pacific, Mamma Mia!, Rocky Horror Show, Rent, and Wicked. Kinda want to see Hamilton, but I don't like the few songs I've heard from it. Book of Mormon is my favorite and I seriously hope we get a movie version as long as Matt and Trey are the directors still.
>>
>>1353107
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
File: 1415767233785.jpg (17 KB, 506x454) Image search: [Google]
1415767233785.jpg
17 KB, 506x454
>>1353040
Hey man, you've gotta start being pretentious somewhere.
>>
File: my-dinner-with-andre.jpg (75 KB, 786x442) Image search: [Google]
my-dinner-with-andre.jpg
75 KB, 786x442
>>1352462
only My Dinner with Andre
>>
File: hamilton-musical-broadway-02.jpg (51 KB, 659x439) Image search: [Google]
hamilton-musical-broadway-02.jpg
51 KB, 659x439
>tfw the Hamilton OBC has been professionally recorded but it won't be released to the public for years and years because the producers don't want to risk ticket prices for Broadway + upcoming tours + other upcoming productions being reduced to anywhere near normal.
>>
>>1354412
I mean, on one hand that's annoying, but on the other hand they're right.
>>
>>1353122
Which songs have you heard form Hamilton?

My favorites are Say no to This and The Room Where it Happens
>>
File: Marion_Hood_as_Mabel.jpg (13 KB, 377x480) Image search: [Google]
Marion_Hood_as_Mabel.jpg
13 KB, 377x480
>>1352726
>Musicals are /mu/

Good fucking luck trying to pull that off.

[spoiler] I wanna talk about G&S
>>
>>1353122
Check out Fiddler on the Roof
>>
>>1355495
What's irritating is that they don't need tickets to cost as much as they do to make a great profit. Aladdin is almost constantly a full house but tickets aren't buttfuckingoutrageous. The top tickets almost never go over $230 in peak season.
>>
>>1355543
>I wanna talk about G&S

this particularly rapid and intelligible chatter isn't generally heard and if it is it doesn't matter
>>
>>1357155
If I had been so lucky as to have a steady brother
Who could talk to me as we are talking now to one another
Who could give me good advice when he discovered I was erring
(Which is just the very favour which on you I am conferring),
My existence would have made a rather interesting idyll,
And I might have lived and died a very decent indiwiddle.
>>
>>1357141
As long as the market supports it there is no reason for them not to sell them for insane amounts.
>>
>>1360285
Not being greedy fucks is a reason. Not a reason the producers (or Lin, bless him but, Lin) would ever agree with, but hey.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.