[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you think God "exists", you literaly misunderstood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: existential-despair.jpg (142 KB, 600x269) Image search: [Google]
existential-despair.jpg
142 KB, 600x269
If you think God "exists", you literaly misunderstood everything about Him.

God doesn't "exist" because he preceeds everything that exists. The Absolute Essence preceeds the existence. God is, but he doesn't exist as existence is limited by realm that is itself limited by a set of laws.
>>
File: Our Savior.jpg (3 MB, 2331x2916) Image search: [Google]
Our Savior.jpg
3 MB, 2331x2916
>>1350129
He entered this realm.
>>
Sounds pretty unsubstantiated. If God is outside of existence then how did you personally learn this fact?
>>
File: pensive kissenger.png (70 KB, 590x387) Image search: [Google]
pensive kissenger.png
70 KB, 590x387
>>1350129

What If I believe in a god that precedes and dwarfs the god you speak of in every possible way?
>>
>So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
>>
>>1350138
The fact that He is outside of existence doesn't mean He can't interact with it. He's omnipotent.
>>1350145
There is nothing higher, greater, more perfect and powerful than God.
>>
WELL I JUST HEARD
THE NEWS TODAY
IT SEEMS MY LIFE
IS GOING TO CHAAAANGE
>>
>>1350158
Sounds like a complete contrivance.
>>
>>1350158

but there is
>>
>>1350200
If there is something higher than the entity you define as "God", this entity isn't God but something you thought was Him.
>>1350184
It's not.
>>
>>1350290

incorrect, two things may be infinitely powerful, infinitely large, Infinitely wise, infinite in all metrics, yet one may also be infinitely moreso than the other.
>>
>>1350326
Than the one thing that is "infinitely moreso than the other" is God.
>>
>>1350158
>There is nothing higher, greater, more perfect and powerful than God.

The Tao is greater, more perfect, and more powerful than God. But also smaller, more flawed, and weaker than God.
>>
>>1350388
>The Tao
I don't know why but this made me laugh for some reason.
>>
>>1350129
Precisely.
>>
>>1350392
Because the Tao is quite funny, but also deathly serious, but more than either just is.
>>
>>1350379

but not yours
>>
>>1350129
This is why I don't believe in this shit
>>
>>1350129
I agree, good luck convincing any of the autists on this board though.

>something exists
>god is just what we call the ultimate nature of this something
>UNSUBSTANTIATED TWADDLE, DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS?

I'm done.
>>
>>1351711
Thank God you are done being a fucking idiot then.

>everything is ruled by the laws of nature
>except God
>but don't ask for proof, because fuck you
>you don't have blind faith in my words? lol you are dumb xD!
>>
>>1351711
Don't let the door prove your argument for you on the way out.
>>
>>1350158
>There is nothing higher, greater, more perfect and powerful than God.
except for Super God
>>
>>1351762
>A metaphysical entity who created everything that exists should depend on the rules He etablished
Your ignorance is showing.
>>
>>1353639
There is no reason to even posit or consider this entity, much less insist that he exists, founded a desert tribal religion, wants you to do rituals, etc. It's a product of human imagination.
>>
>>1350129
After reading this i kneeled down and started praying.
>>
>>1350129
"Exists":have objective reality or being

So God doesn't have objective reality because he had objective reality before anything else had objective reality?

This is just another theist argument that boils down to, "make up enough confusing shit that actually means nothing so that someone with a predetermined conclusion can pretend like it has support."
>>
>>1356769
god can't be said to "exist" because he is the principle for existence itself, and so cannot be another existent by definition
>>
Goran Backlund. Refuting the external world.
>>
Can OP answer the super-God question?

Super-God is the being who, by definition, precedes all beings, including God.
>>
>>1351711
define "we"
not all religious people agree with you
>>
>>1360379
What about the super super God?
>>
>>1350129
How the fuck can you claim to know all of that about God? Your hubris offends me.
>>
>>1360390

That is my next question.
>>
>>1360390
nothing compared to Super Saiyan Super God
>>
>>1350158
>perfect
If god is perfect why did he create anything?
>>
File: Wut.jpg (88 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Wut.jpg
88 KB, 640x640
God is an old meme, we don't know shit about it and we won't know.
It has absolutely no incidence in our reality, and yet we spend a ridiculously large amount of time thinking and discussing about it.
>>
>>1360417
I meant impact not incidence. It's a faux-ami.
>>
Why hello there Anselm
>>
Can I finally get an answer for the ages-old fedora question?

If the God is omnipotent, can he create a stone too heavy for him to lift?
>>
>>1351818
Is there something more ideal than an ideal? If it exists, wouldn't that untangible, more perfect thing be the ideal instead?
>>
File: o rly.png (138 KB, 339x319) Image search: [Google]
o rly.png
138 KB, 339x319
>>1350158
wouldn't him interacting with us make him part of our existence?
>>
>>1350129
Personified Gods are dogshit.

It's way better, and more believable, to suggest a celestial and unknowable God.

The original Jesus was a immaterial being who communicated through visions and dreams.

Most of the old gods were like this. This type of god allows us to say that different religions are actually talking to the same god. We can find common ground. Our understanding of God is inseparable from human intuition and potential. Abstract, like it should be.

Now people go around saying there was a magical guy who could walk on water! And he was god, end of story.

You have now killed any possibility of debate and inquiry into the "spiritual real" (if that exists) and it's fucking GAY. One cannot even ponder an otherworldly being without being restricted by the bible.
>>
Sometimes i wonder if all religious people are just trolling.
>>
>>1362828
What's the difference between an unknowable God and no God at all?
>>
>>1350129
>your definition of god doesnt exist, mine on the other hand pal comes before existence itself haha
Slit your throat anytime m8.
>>
>>1362986
Nothing really. Both scenarios are good for our growth as a species.

I suppose an unknowable God might mean that we'll never understand the universe completely.
>>
How do you get from the nebulous "sustainer" concept to the "he loves you", "revealed the Bible to desert tribal", "obey his priests", etc.

Why would omni-powerful ultra idea JUST SO HAPPEN to follow a typical mytharc exactly as if human imagination superimposed human traits onto nature.
>>
>>1363053
We never will understand the universe completely anyway it keeps expanding and all we can reach is the local group of galaxies (assuming we develop interstellar travel at all)
>>
>>1363063
Because faith doesn't have to make sense, only when convenient
>>
>>1363063
>How do you get from the nebulous "sustainer" concept to the "he loves you", "revealed the Bible to desert tribal", "obey his priests", etc.
You have that backwards. The nebulous sustainer was developed long after the desert tribal deity by people who realized the earlier versions did't make sense any more. Yet later people decided to overwrite the tribal deity with the nebulous sustainer, using selective editing.
>>
Theologically, the Holy Spirit is the aspect of God that descended into this world and exists in the sense you describe.
>>
>>1363067
We might not need interstellar travel.

We just need to be able to survive indefinitely in space.

If we can manage that, we can begin slowly spreading throughout the galaxy exponentially.

So long as we keep human colonies close enough to communicate, we will eventually have an internet that connects the galaxies.

The internet would be slow as fuck, limited by lightspeed. At that point human beings may be immortal so that wouldn't really matter. You could just take a 1000 year LSD nap and wait for the information to reach your colony.
>>
>>1350129
>>>/x/
>>
>>1362695
god isn't a being with free will, everything that happens is an expression of gods nature - that nature being the laws that organize the universe. god can't create a boulder so heavy he couldn't life because god is the underlying force that animates the universe, not an individual.
>>
>>1350129
So what is your background? Christian, other religion, Atheist or just in the knowing?

There is this enormous interesting point about God existing-not existing. This is in his being.

I want to be neutral in capitalising sometimes, so if anyone says this is bad it should be said.

In his being: he proves his existence to the whole world. You can try, but this is clear. He does exist.

Though wanting personal contact, this is a whole different matter.
>>
File: breakingnews.gif (24 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
breakingnews.gif
24 KB, 350x400
>>1350129
>anon just discovered negative theology
wew lad
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.