[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this cool dude right here? https://www
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What do you think of this cool dude right here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC7-Q1dPa_c

Also, can you recommend any good books on him and Iraq in general?
>>
File: saddam hussein telefono1 .jpg (327 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
saddam hussein telefono1 .jpg
327 KB, 690x388
>>1346432
He should've allied with Iran against the west tbqh pham
>>
I always liked Saddam. Dunno why
>>
File: saddam_rumsfeld3.jpg (162 KB, 955x500) Image search: [Google]
saddam_rumsfeld3.jpg
162 KB, 955x500
>>1346454
Up until 1991, so did we.
>>
He was a despot who suppressed and carried out pogroms against minority groups (i.e. Kurds) and receives a lot of praise from Arab retards as well as Westerners with an incredibly shallow understanding of his actions in that region
>>
Him and many other middle eastern leaders were stalinboos. He read about stalin a ton when he was a child, and he applied it to his horrible life.
>>
>>1346464
Sorta. He nationalized oil, the madman. But he also didnt dwfault on debt. He was a very interesting man.

We could have kept him alive if we wanted. If we worked more closely with the region, we may have even created a peaceful annexation of kuwait.

We wanted him dead though. Not so much just because he commited genocide and used chem wrapons, but because we wanted to show we could destroy a small country very easilly.
>>
>>1346452
"Fucking Persians."
- Sadam
>>
>>1346464

it seems like every time a major leader in the Arab world dies, his replacement is several magnitudes of order worse
>>
When will Iraq be free from US rule?
>>
He's literally the Hitler of the ME, as was anyone else who assumed power through Baathism.
>>
>>1346452
Saddam cultivated an elite in the military and government that was mostly Sunni. He used the ethnic divisions of Iraq to his advantage. The same as the Iranians did but they were on opposite sides.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscmxyoXpCE
>>
>>1346452
I bet it was him trying to do that which prompted the US invasion.
>>
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>based
>>
>>1346432
I crie erry tiem
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 772x1460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 772x1460
Erry tiem
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.