[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
heaven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
christians, what happens here?
lots of sex and beer?
infinite amounts of fun?
where anime becomes real?
i want to know what kinds of cool stuff souls or whatever do in their infinite time in heaven
>>
File: infinite love.png (44 KB, 740x630) Image search: [Google]
infinite love.png
44 KB, 740x630
>>1341692
There's lots of singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTBQM3E26rk
>>
File: 420.png (135 KB, 1207x722) Image search: [Google]
420.png
135 KB, 1207x722
>>1341692

It becomes boring after a while and then you'll start to have a severe existential crisis in your 10,000th year in heaven, and then you'll start wanting to end your existence and truly rest in peace.
>>
>>1341717
Maybe if you live a good afterlife and follow Superjesus then you get to go to Superheaven with Supergod.
>>
>>1341726
>not going to super duper heaven
>>
>>1341732
Only one Ascension at a time per plane allowed.
>>
>heaven is mateiral
no, it is not.
the peace of soul one finds in heaven, i have faith, is far greater than the pleasure of having a harem with all existing anime girls while they all spoil you by doing all sorts of things, from kissing your feet to feeding you the best food you never tried directly in your mouth
it is so great that can only be explained with metaphysics, or perhaps with 11th dimension hyperspace physical theoric.
>>
>>1341726
What about if you fail? Do you go to super hell, or do you just go back to earth?
>>
>>1341741
heh that just what they tell the suckers who don't follow super duper god (jesus)
>>
You die and its all blank no ifs ands or buts.
>>
I take it as a subjectively perfect world.

Let's say, your favorite food is the taco.
Every meal would be the taco.
If you grow tired of the taco.
Then the meal changes.

A perfect world through my eyes is a lot different from a perfect world in your eyes.
-
This is where I come to a dilemma as a Christian.

My idea of a perfect world is Earth.
Full of struggle. Full of mistakes. Yet, full of life. Full of prosperity.

God says heaven is nothing like Earth. It is free from all sin. Since it is free of sin, it is free of struggle because all struggle is directly caused by sin.

I live for struggle. It makes life interesting. I don't want to live in a struggle-free world, for that would make an eternal life feel more boring.

What do I do, Christbros?
>>
>>1341748
Well either:
Each level of heaven has a coresponding superheaven and superhell state changes
or
Maybe normal hell is the dump state change at every level.
>>
File: 1462762673301.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1462762673301.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>1341726

And then what?
>>
>>1341756
Keep struggling with it.
>>
>>1341762
Funny answer.
Some struggles are better solved, like this one.
>>
>>1341756

That tugs me every time too.
>>
>>1341756
I think heaven is supposed to be more like the Buddhist concept of nirvana.

Every joy you have ever felt on earth was simply one small piece of that oneness you'll feel with god.
>>
>>1341765
Heaven is that struggle being solved.
>>
File: hell conjecture.png (19 KB, 991x705) Image search: [Google]
hell conjecture.png
19 KB, 991x705
>>1341761
>>1341758
>>1341751
>>1341748
>>1341741
>>1341732
>>1341726

This is the latest most up to date working model we have so far based on evidence.
>>
>>1341692
nothing but worshipping God 24/7. all visions of hevean in the bible are pretty clear about this. the Demiurge is a massive narcissist
>>
>>1341798
Holy crap, how horrifying. If you play this game long enough, you're doomed to eventually lose in either case. In model 1, you're best off to lose at the outset, in model 2 you're only going to be staving off the inevitable.
>>
I hope it's you during the best part of your life, at the best moment of your life, and it goes on forever. Like the end of Titanic.
>>
>>1341798
Interesting conjecture and I imagine individual believers will be split along denominational lines as to which model they prefer. For example, Roman Catholics would probably favored the tiered hell hypothesis due to the Dante's influence on their cosmology. I imagine most Protestants would choose the sink hell model due to the lack of scriptural foundation for any distinctions within the lake of fire. It is interesting to note that tiered heaven is actually scripturally supported given that Paul recounts knowing a man who "was caught up to the third heaven." (2 Cor 12:2)
>>
>>1341809
No only angels can be kicked out of heaven.
>>
>>1341819
We are supposing some judgement and state change at each level of Heaven analogous to the Earth->Afterlife Tier (Tier 0).
>>
>>1341956
That supposition lacks scriptural foundation.
>>
>>1342042
Well you are no fun.
>>
>>1341815
The church I go to (Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran) interprets the "first/second/third heaven" concept by altitude. The first heaven is the atmosphere ("where the birds fly", poetically speaking), the second is outer space ("where the stars fly"), and the third heaven is Heaven with a capital H ("where the angels fly"). It's meant to reconcile the invisibility of Heaven from the human standpoint with verses like Psalm 19:1 ("The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands,") etc.

But the heaven/super-heaven/super-duper-heaven model is pretty funny.
>>
the beatific vision forever, which sounds boring to us because we're accustomed to material pleasures, but it is in truth the greatest joy a being could ever experience.
>>
>>1341692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSJzw6QM_Q
>>
>>1341692
heaven is whatever the opposite of burning in hell for all eternity is
>>
>>1341756
When you die, punch God in the face and jump back into your own body.
>>
>>1343377
>freezing for a split second
>>
>>1341798

What about a simple ladder, where failing in heaven 1 sends you back to earth, as does succeeding in hell 1, but succeeding in heaven 1 sends you to heaven 2, failing in hell 1 sends you to hell 2, etc
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.