[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the purpose of studying any philosophy or ideology? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 3vi7F5Z.jpg (45 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
3vi7F5Z.jpg
45 KB, 768x576
What is the purpose of studying any philosophy or ideology?
What does it serve me, when i basically experience the world throught a unique perception based on environment timing heredity etc, which in turn would make my choice of values and understanding?
>>
You get to read how others perceive the world
>>
>>1341238
>when i basically experience the world throught a unique perception
Are you suggesting that you will not experience these writings from your special standpoint?
>>
You get to sound smart
>>
>>1341238
why is centrism fedora?
>>
>>1341238
>What is the purpose of studying any philosophy or ideology?
Can get into arguments.
>>
>>1341238
the crown is further to the right, anon.
>>
If you work out and dress /fa/ you have access to the quality girls
>>
File: 1419275810605.jpg (96 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1419275810605.jpg
96 KB, 720x960
>>1341323

Usually people that claims to be "open minded" and "considers all sides of the argument" are fedora-tier cringe faggots that doesn't have any valid arguments, and they are only doing it so they get praise for being so intelligent, "critical thinking" and "balanced."

Cringe
>>
File: 1412998808019.jpg (143 KB, 999x860) Image search: [Google]
1412998808019.jpg
143 KB, 999x860
>>1341530

Also, centrists claim to be "above" the conflict between ideologies because they are very intelligent and they know how to "balance" things out.

The problem is that when you try to appease with all ideologies and become a "centrist," you ultimately end up with no friends because nobody really ends up liking you and your weak platform.
>>
File: 4.jpg (25 KB, 542x579) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
25 KB, 542x579
>>1341553

I might say centrism is pretty stable and wise sometimes, but sometimes a situation requires you to go big or go home (be very wrong or right); centrism during times of crises tends to fall apart thanks to its overall mediocrity in direction.

So basically, centrists are those that don't like making high-risk high-reward bets in politics.
>>
Btw. I didnt make the meme, nor do i fully agree. Just using it as an example
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.