[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the Christianity destroyed the society and culture of Imperium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 500x334
Did the Christianity destroyed the society and culture of Imperium Romanum? Memes and /pol/-style shitposting aside.
>>
File: Rome.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Rome.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>1339943
No and it continues to preserve them.
>>
Barbarians did.
>>
>>1339952
I'm talking about ancient Rome, 600 BC - 400 AD.
>>
File: Emperor.jpg (124 KB, 800x549) Image search: [Google]
Emperor.jpg
124 KB, 800x549
>>1339968
There is only one Rome.
>>
>>1339963
What about the expansion of the Christianity and the Cynics and Cynicism?
>>
What about Epictetus, Martial and Juvenal and their vews on beggars?
>>
File: rome.png (63 KB, 687x716) Image search: [Google]
rome.png
63 KB, 687x716
>>1339943
>>
>>1339943
No. All empires wax and wane. Christianity arose at the time Rome was at it's maximum extent (remember Christ lived only a few decades after Julius Caesar).

I would argue Rome's overreach is what spurred its decline. Hiring border tribes to protect your border from other border tribes can only play out as a strategy for so long.
>>
>>1339943
Rome destroyed the society and culture of Rome. The Augustan solution's main flaw was always the question of succession. This lead to a constant cycle of civil war, purge, and counter purge. This left a weakened society that was unable to cope with plagues and to a lesser extant barbarian invasion.
>>
No, German pagans did.
>>
>Did islam destroy persia

Christcucks: yes religion of war!!! muh zoroastring based aryans

>Did Christianity destroy rome

Christcucks: No religion of peace!!! muh barbarians not aryans
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.