[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Waterloo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: download (22).jpg (11 KB, 333x151) Image search: [Google]
download (22).jpg
11 KB, 333x151
Redpill me on Waterloo
>>
>>1338856
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248379/
>>
I think Waterloo is the most important battle of the Napoleonic wars, France lost and he was sent to St. Helena to rot and Europe was at peace for the first time for hundreds of years.
>>
>>1338856

Not that big of a deal. Napoleonic France was nowhere near as strong as it used to be. If he had somehow won, another coalition would have formed, more troops would have been mobilized, and he'd have been stomped.
>>
>>1338856

Terrible song.
>>
>>1339112
>France lost and he was sent to St. Helena to rot and Europe was at peace for the first time for hundreds of years.

Then France came back to Europe and WW1 happened
>>
>>1339112
Pax Britannica lasted about a century and Europe was by no means "at peace". It just initiated a less apocalyptic era sandwiched between the Napoleonic wars and the Great war.

>>1338856
Memes aside, this battle really did establish Anglo superiority.
>Waterloo: The History of Four Days, Three Armies, and Three Battles
Is the only book I've read specifically about Waterloo but I would recommend anon, a lot of fly on the wall juice.

Friendly reminder Wellington literally cucked napoleon. As did a lot of other people, I first came across the term cuckold when reading about Bonaparte.

Frogs get mad because we won.

>If things went differently, thing's would've gone differently.
>Coalitions ganged up on us D:

Fact of the matter is we were magnanimous enough to allow him to surrender with dignity; when the manlet threw his toys out the pram we were merciful enough to keep him alive on his own private prison island.
>>
>>1339125

>France was irrelevent from Napoleon to WW1
>European in the Victorian Era was at peace

WEW
>>
>>1341347

Europe had just gained the ability to conquer the world, and so focused on that for a century or so.

Odds are good that when you find periods of peace, it's because the society was exporting violence in some way.
>>
>>1338856
It was when the Jews really took over
>>
File: Arthur_Wellesley_1_3228835b.jpg (174 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Arthur_Wellesley_1_3228835b.jpg
174 KB, 620x387
"Don't do it Napoleon, I have the high ground!"
>>
>>1341401
"From my point of view the Monarchists are evil!"
>>
File: ayounggregorypeck.jpg (547 KB, 370x500) Image search: [Google]
ayounggregorypeck.jpg
547 KB, 370x500
>>1341401
>>1341403

>not quoting the duellists

>>
>>1338856
The eternal anglo letting Prussia become Germany and then III Reich
>>
>>1340975
>I first came across the term cuckold when reading about Bonaparte.
The pope smiled because he got back his art treasures, confiscated in order to make Paris the cultural capital of Europe. Bonaparte, who cared nothing for art, had never been happy with this policy. He told Talleyrand: “You don’t make war for statues.” But as an army officer he’d obeyed orders, and as first consul and as emperor he was nagged by the grasping Josephine, ensured that French armies carried off the cream of Europe’s collections.
>>
File: chargeney1.jpg (49 KB, 400x483) Image search: [Google]
chargeney1.jpg
49 KB, 400x483
small details change everything

Ney and the french cavalry charged against the british artillery. they crushed them with heavy losses.
the objective is classic : capture the artillery or destroy the cannons by hammering nails in the touch hole.
Ney forgot the nails
so they tried with gun sticks.
The British and the Hanoverians counterattacked and recaptured the cannons they pulled out the sticks and fired against the French again
Soon after Blücher was there and this was finished.
>>
>>1341554
The British and German Garrison were running low on ammunition and a Driver of the Royal Waggon Train distinguished himself by driving an ammunition cart through the French lines to resupply the troops despite his horses receiving wounds.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.