[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ Why do Italian-Americans created criminal gangs and organized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 500x380
/his/
Why do Italian-Americans created criminal gangs and organized crime instead of working hard like other immigrant groups?
>>
>organized crime is not hard work
>>
>>1332269

Are you saying organised crime isn't hard work?
>>
You know the Jews, the Irish, the Poles, and the Russians got into the same game.

I bet you think Al Capone or Bugsy Siegel are Italian names.
>>
>>1332269
This is an overly broad generalization.
>>
I rather have Mafiosos than Carteles
>>
Every group of immigrants brings with them crime, sometimes organized, sometimes unorganized, sometimes both.

The Italians, specifically the Sicilians, already had extremely organized and deep rooted crime syndicates, so it was inevitable some of those guys would immigrate and continue what they'd been doing, just in accented English instead of accented Italian.
>>
>>1332353
>>1332353
So basically, Italians, specifically Sicilians, are subhumans?
>>
>>1332369
No
>>
>>1332369
No, they just had deep rooted organized crime.
>>
Sicily/south Italy were undeveloped quasi-feudal backwaters where governments held little sway. This allowed organizations like the mafia to entrench themselves into society as a form of protection, business, and networking. Immigrants brought that mindset/way over, and it settled in because they were socially segregated (not legally but in like language and financially)
>>
>>1332286
Al Capone was italian
>>
Sicilians
>>
>>1332442
Also Mussolini went hard after mafia, which caused a lot of members to flee to the USA
>>
>>1332269
They did both. You do realize Italians were just another wave of laborers initially? They were discriminated against like the Irish and to a lesser extent blacks.
>>
>>1332269
Why do I always forget that /pol/tards can't comprehend nuance? It just makes it easier for me to be baited by shit like this.
>>
>>1332269
The Irish immigrants did the exact same thing, and much earlier. It's not about race/ethnicity, it's about class. Lower-class economic communities generally breed more crime, both organized and not. It's always been that way.
>>
>>1332269

>implying culture/ economic class don't play into people working.

There are hard working blacks, hard working Italians and hard working whites.

What's your point?
>>
>>1332369
Can you fucking read
>>
>>1332286
>Alphonse Capone
>not Italian

wew lad
>>
>>1332269
>working hard
Organized crime built Las Vegas, a decadent Utopia in the middle of a horrible desert, if that isn't hard work I don't know what is.

Organized crime did more for bettering Americans lives than their government did, compare Las Vegas to Detroit.
>>
short answer is they were tricked

long answer the jews

they came and were tricked by the filthy subhumans into believing theyer lies

the lies led to greed

greed led to them forming the mob and killing people
>>
>>1333052
>The mob didn't exist prior to Italians arriving in America
>>
File: muhjewz.jpg (48 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
muhjewz.jpg
48 KB, 500x332
>>1333052
>short answer is they were tricked
>long answer the jews
>>
File: 1465449554587.png (21 KB, 263x200) Image search: [Google]
1465449554587.png
21 KB, 263x200
>>1333052
>>
>>1332369
yes, but that doesn't come from his post, it is merely a fact of nature
>>
>>1333038
It's not that the government built Detroit wrong. It was a nice city up til the 1960s. It's the black-culture that took the city to the race-riots.
>>
>>1333160
Detroit grew way too fast because of subsidies and protections to the auto industry there by the American government that weren't sustainable
>>
The italian mob doesnt fuck with the South as much since Prohibition endes but the snobby petit-bougeois they left behind are a real pain in our ass
I hear the nepotism is just as bad back in Italy proper so I guess its just their culture. Still, some of my best friends are tallies, the good kind anyway.
>>
File: CKZFzeUWoAAKClc.png (333 KB, 600x897) Image search: [Google]
CKZFzeUWoAAKClc.png
333 KB, 600x897
>>1332269
because they weren't allowed to work in most fields.
>>
>>1333160
It's more like

>black people move from the south to get in on that delicious war manufacturing
>black people realize that the north is still racist as fuck
>black people can't get good jobs in Detroit
>black people can't even have a drink after work because all the licensed bars are segregated and the cops keep raiding the unlicensed ones because lol niggers
>after one of the best speakeasies in town gets raided by the pigs, the entire city explodes into violence to the point where the army has to be sent in
>jobs in the auto industry were already starting to disappear to foreign competition and automation
>all the white people move out to the suburbs

And then you have a couple of municipal bankruptcies, the heroin epidemic, the cocaine epidemic, and the crack epidemic, and you end up with modern day Detroit.

There's a reason dindus in New York aren't that fucked up.
>>
>>1333226
This too, Catholics were very heavily discriminated against in America for a very long time, and it still persists today in a micro aggression sort of way.

In fact, the entire public school system got its starts here locally as attempts by Protestant municipalities to make Catholic children into Protestants.
>>
>>1332269
>created criminal gangs
They didn't create them. They brought them with them from the old country.
>>
>>1333242
>in a micro aggression sort of way
>micro aggression
Found the sociologist. No one takes "micro aggression" seriously because it's a fantasy marxist idea. Fuck off.
>>
>>1333308
Then they'll talk about nano agression and mili agression
>>
>>1333314
All the way to teeny aggression
>>
>>1333308
Not even, I use the term micro aggression because I mean it's not serious and just sort of persists in every day sort of talk, it doesn't do much in the way of actual harm, it's a relic of that though. Don't be so quick to assume things.
>>
>>1333314
Can't forget about pico aggression.
>>
>>1332269
gabagool
>>
>>1333240
You do know many southerners moved up north too and in many places tried to enforce their beliefs at work.
>>
>>1333354
You use the term because you're a Marxist fuckboy.
>>
>>1333314
What about Megaagressions.
>>
>>1332269
I appreciate the irony of this post, thank you anon
>>
>>1333370
I'm not a Marxist, or a red of any shade for that matter

The term just conveniently describes what it's like, it's not that big of a deal and there was nothing inaccurate about what I said about the treatment of Catholics
>>
Because it's easier to use violence to get paid, than it is to actually trade/work honestly for a living.

Just like the State.
>>
>>1332275
fpbp
>>
File: Scipio_Africanus_the_Elder.jpg (655 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Scipio_Africanus_the_Elder.jpg
655 KB, 2048x1536
>>1332269
Roman ambition to be criminal for two or three generations, climb to power quick, become legitimate.

A man might peddle pussy and dope in the hopes that his grandson is a lawyer.
>>
>>1332900
Bingo
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 344x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 344x376
>>1333394
>>
it wasn't every italian, a small number, but it only takes a few to color the batch I suppose
>>
>>1332369
get the fuck out of here /pol/
>>
>>1332369
Posts likes this is why we need to expand studies of the humanities, not limit them.
>>
>>1333052
Here's your You
>>
File: salvini-sorridente.jpg (37 KB, 630x946) Image search: [Google]
salvini-sorridente.jpg
37 KB, 630x946
>>1332369
Yes
>>
Our fronts were still jobs OP.
>>
>>1332369
Yes
t.northern white Italian
not as much as people from Naples
my list is Naples = Sardinians > Romans > Sicilians = other southern monkeys
>>
>>1332442
It wasn't feudalism itself that allowed the development of the Mafia, but the sudden end of it in Sicily.

The 1848 revolution threw out the Bourbons, and the traditional system of privileged, but kept Sicily shackled to Naples, which wasn't really interested in any sort of reform in Sicily.

The result was countless armed men were suddenly simply unemployed, on an island with literally no police force. The Mafia emerged first as a self-defense force.

Organized crime is still preferable to simply crime. The Mafia would protect against bandits, murderers, reckless thieves, etc. It took so long for any sort of real legal system to start appearing in Sicily that the Mafia had deeply embedded itself as a legitimate institution by that point, and it wasn't that long after that they started appearing in america
>>
>>1335886
I'd rather have /pol/ than Reddit, faggot. Go back to your own website.
>>
>>1332286
Are you thinking of meyer lansky?
>>
>>1332286
>Al Capone
>Pronounced Caponi in the old country
>Not Italian
???
>>
>>1332269
The gins were the jews niggers
>>
>>1336818
T. Padania autist
>>
>>1336254
GATTINI
>>
>>1332269
They did, and other ethnic groups created mobs as well, like the Irish mob and to a lesser extent chinese triads.
I wonder if there was any historically significant presence of the yakuza on the west coast?
>>
LITERALLY EVERY IMMIGRANT GROUP FORMED A MAFIA
>>
File: Henry Hill.jpg (95 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
Henry Hill.jpg
95 KB, 640x460
>>1332269
because work is for suckers
>>
>>1333226
then why go there in the first place?
>>
>>1339754
Germans
Scots
Eternal anglos
>>
>>1339795
fascism as well as not having the hindsight of knowing they would be rejected.
>>
>>1332286
You aren't supposed to call him Bugsy.
>>
>>1339795
Why do boatniggers come to the non welfare giving parts of Europe? They just believe in all the lies propaganda and the travel agents tell them.
After all, how were they gonna find out the truth on their own?
>>
Catholicism.

Irish criminals had the pater families of the Roman catholics. Pater familias is incompatible with White Anglo culture because it is based on group work directed by the male head who reigns supreme rather than the individual achievement for sake of personal profit and attainment of status. In other words, catholics have lots of kids and work them like slaves to make money which forms into gangs.

The fact there are "Irish" gangs or "Italian" gangs is the result of division between cultures and races and it is a matter of convenience to team up with your own race against society.
>>
>>1332442
>Sicily/south Italy were undeveloped quasi-feudal backwaters where governments held little sway. This allowed organizations like the mafia to entrench themselves into society as a form of protection, business, and networking. Immigrants brought that mindset/way over, and it settled in because they were socially segregated (not legally but in like language and financially)

Sounds like mix of anarchocapitalists and illegalists.
>>
>>1332900
You mean that white-collar crime is not a crime at all?
>>
>>1333160
Keyword: labour unions.
>>
>>1340207
It's very easy to find under the table jobs in Italy.This is compared to the parts like UK or Scandinavia where being able to legally work takes forever and under the table jobs are fewer.
>>
>>1333052
good post
>>
>>1336868
>i'd rather have /pol/ than any semblance of reasoning or education
Not what you wrote but what I read anyway. Fuck you.
>>
>>1332269

>working hard like other immigrant groups

top lel
>>
>>1335916

dude
>>
>>1332369
Naw. Creating a powerful criminal empire that defies the law seems like a very fucked up human thing to do.
>>
>>1332269
95% of /pol/ got BTFO by this post and they don't even realize it yet.
>>
>>1342140

>white
>>
>>1332353
>bringing the criminal bullshit that destroyed their old home to their new one

basically >>1332369
>>
>>1333367
This. Michigan wasn't a particularly racist place prior to the Great Migration. It was a staunchly Republican state. When the migration happened it wasn't just blacks moving north, it was also white southerners. They did not fucking like the lack of segregation in the north and it kicked up racial tension in the area.

t. Michigander (both great grandparents on my father's side were from the south)
>>
>>1332369
Yes, that's exactly what he was saying you queen autist, don't read the paragraph or anything
>>
>>1343682

Because paying taxes and working like a slave for Jews makes you "human"?

Mutts have always been jealous of Roman masculine superiority.
>>
>>1332294
No it isn't.
>>
Most organized crime, even today, is Jewish.
>>
>>1332269
They did work hard.

there was just a lot of poverty and certain people had to turn to crime to survive. Powerful families tried to exploit the poverty as well.
>>
>>1344065

They still service their kikeslumlord rentmaster with a free blowjob to his mutilated penis...

;^}
>>
File: Band_a_bonnot_desenho.jpg (66 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Band_a_bonnot_desenho.jpg
66 KB, 400x388
>>1332269
>He fell for the work hard meme
wew lad
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.