[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does inner peace come from self-discipline, or self-acceptance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 982094677430293.jpg (47 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
982094677430293.jpg
47 KB, 720x404
Does inner peace come from self-discipline, or self-acceptance?
>>
>>1324277
Self-acceptance, but you get a lot more shit done with self-discipline.

It's a choice really, inner peace or worldly wealth.
>>
Both
>>
>>1324277
From awareness
>>
>>1324284
I kind of see them as mutually exlusive in most ways. Self-discipline means meditation, actively disconnecting yourself from your vices, etc. while self-acceptance would say that acting on vices is a natural part of being an individual that you shouldn't be ashamed of, and trying to suppress them only results in pain.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 600x400
>>1324277 if you don't even have an input of your own, take this to >>>/x/ or >>>/b/ please.
Thank you
(inb4 what philosophies are you even trying to compare)
>>
>>1324277

It's all about letting life flow
>>
Self acceptance is dumb meme hippies created because they didn't want to do anything. Self discipline and self understanding/discovery are what creates inner peace.

Self acceptance leads to hedonism.
>>
>>1324819
>Self acceptance is dumb meme hippies created because they didn't want to do anything.
And highly educated therapists with scientific knowledge of the human psyche.
>>
>>1325184
>therapists
>scientific knowledge
>>
I believe it comes from a homeostasis of both, yet not allowing society's limitations, especially this new age grammar nazi shit, to tarnish the relation of what they mean to YOU. Everyone now a days fact checks and memes something into oblivion, but since this is of yourself and can only be defined by YOURSELF; this should be a "question and answer" you must discover on your own, might I suggest meditation and limited internet use during this process.
>>
>>1325236
I mean psychotherapy, which is deeply rooted in psychology and is furthered through empirical experimentation.
>>
>>1325839
Psychology has no empirical experiments. This is what differentiates science and humanities.
>>
>>1325872
>Psychology has no empirical experiments.
Fucking retard. Pick up a book. Empiricism isn't just what you want it to be.
>>
>>1324277
that might depend of your function and purpose
>>
>>1325881
Its not empirical. Empirical means exactly what the definition suggests. Psychology offers theories, but no repeatable results.

Psychologists and amateur psychologists offer a definition of empiricism that fits their narrative. Science has repeatable results and theories that either conform or don't or purely in the realm of theoretical. Those that conforms become scientific laws. Each science field has laws that govern them. Laws which are observable, repeatable and experimentable. Psychology has no laws because it cant be repeated. Its purely theoretical at this point.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.