[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many genders were there throughout history? https://yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1461920625812.jpg (135 KB, 946x960) Image search: [Google]
1461920625812.jpg
135 KB, 946x960
How many genders were there throughout history?

https://youtu.be/dtCyepuLt8Q
>>
Bump I'm looking for answers
>>
>>
>>
Plato has taught me that there was originally just one gender, until Zeus split it in two because he was mad at humans.

Now Zeus is mad at us again and is splitting us in more genders.
>>
>>1318091
No Zeus was afraid because humans were too string
Get it right nigger
>>
>>1318558
*strong
>>
about 53 iirc
>>
a bunch, mostly due to native americans have a million things
>>
>>1318034
usually 2 but many places had 3 which the third sex was effeminate men who had the roles of women and rarely masculine women.
>>
>>1318838
Subhumans don't count
There's objectively 2, and there will always only be 2
Trannies are disgusting mentally ill fags who all need to be lined up and shot
>>
>>1318871
gender is not sex /pol/

gender is what they expect you to act when you have a particular sex

some indians used to have a third gender for religious purposes
>>
>>1318948
No gender is sex you disgusting mudshit tranny
>>
>>1318871
I mean 3rd gender and these folk like two-spirits (amerindian) aren't mentally fucked up like transsexuals. They are men who act like woman and take the roles of woman (and men to person by person basis) but to quote a one in a account long ago "we're still men" as a rebuttal of being excluded from a meeting.
>>
>>1318988
2 genders
They're just corssdressers
There is only male and female
>>
gender isn't real. biologically it makes no sense
>>
>>1318992
good intellectual discussion.
>>1318993
yeah, it's a social construct.
>>
>>1319022
>yeah, it's a social construct.
Why do people claim they were born with the wrong gender when gender isn't real? Are they mentally ill?
>>
>>1319036
Yes, it's called gender dysphoria.
>>
>>1318993
Sex is gender, gender is sex.
>>
>>1319104
Factually incorrect.
>>
>>1319119
Really? Enlighten me. I don't see a difference.
>>
>>1319119
under the conventional definitions they are synonyms
>>
>>1318948
>gender is what they expect you to act when you have a particular sex
That's gender rolls
>>
3 at a stretch

Male
Female
fuccboi
>>
>>1318034
It's Adam and Eve, not Adam took hormones and changed his name to Eve
>>
>>1318956
are you triggered?
>>
File: mtfs of history.png (538 KB, 839x466) Image search: [Google]
mtfs of history.png
538 KB, 839x466
There have always been transgender people. Internet and media just give them the spotlight now.
>>
>>1320758
If I get a 20 do I get to be a cute little girl?
>>
>>1318034

I think the injuns (can't remember which ones) got it closest to the truth. Four genders. Masculine men and women / feminine men and women.
>>
>>1324261
Identifying = being?
>>
>>1324261
>What is "mental illness"
>>
And that's still the number.
>>
>>1318034
Gender is a social construct.

In reality, there is only sex. Human beings are an organism that has only two sexes.
>>
>>1319119
>factually
Not really. Biologically, sex = gender. But these special snowflakes feel the need to identify as a specific 'gender'.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.