[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would The Balkans be less shit without the Ottoman invasion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 350px-Balkans_regions_map.png (96 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
350px-Balkans_regions_map.png
96 KB, 350x263
Would The Balkans be less shit without the Ottoman invasion?
>>
>>1315695

The Balkans are shit due to a lack of economic activity, just like everywhere else in the world that is shit
>>
>>1315695
Yes. At least there would be some religious unity among them.
>>
>>1315695
Yes. How much so is debateable. Probably would be around Visegrad tier, although a bit lower.
>>
>>1315850
That's what they are today...
>>
>>1315695
Its communism that fucked them up
>>
>>1315857
Not really. Most countries still hols grudges against...well, everyone else, honestly.

>>1315859
Yugoslavia was arguably one of, if not the best, thing that happened to the region in centuries.

It was Tito's cult of personality, lack of an heir, and nationalism that fucked everything up.
>>
>>1315695
If the byzantine empire still held the balkans? Maybe, as they had the silk monopoly in the area to keep the place propped up financially and there would be some religious unity.

Though I doubt it. The Romans were technologically stagnant, it would be a little better socially because perhaps everyone would identify themselves as roman, but economically they'd be the same.
>>
>>1315917
Yeah, if people still wonder why nobody gives a shit about the Byzantine Empire, just look at the regions that they supposedly governed and how underdeveloped they were compared to the rest of Europe.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.