[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slav imperialism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 408x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 408x500
/his/
Did Eastern Europeans( Bulgarians, Poles, Czechs,etc.) ever participate in the colonization and conquest of other continents?
>>
Yes, but only as setlers and mercenaries.
Russia was the only slav empire that had territories outside Europe
>>
>>1313320
Bulgarians tried to take Constantinople, if that counts as invading another continent. Czechs didn't have their own state until recently so nothing to comment on there.

Poland tried to conqueror Russia when it was in the middle of civil wars and a famine. I think it included parts of Asia at the time.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonial_policy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonization_of_Nicobar_Islands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hungarian_North_Pole_Expedition

The sailors of the austro-hungarian imperial navy were all croatians of Dalmatia (and italians of Trieste)
>>
>>1313320
German poles pretty commonly went to Germany's colonies abroad. Qingdao and Samoa were pretty popular for them.
>>
Russians conquered and colonized a good chunk of Asia.

They even set foot in Manchuria until the Japs kicked them out.
>>
>>1313493
Also i forgot Alaska.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couronian_colonization

Courlande (today Latvia) as part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth colonized Tobago in the Caribbeans in 1637 (to 1690) and Banjul in Gambia in 1651 (to 1664)
>>
>>1313546
But as far as I know the courlandish elite were German Balts ( I hope that s the proper english term for Deutschbalten)
>>
I think read something somewhere about Chzech setlers in Rhodesia and South Africa

Can anyone confirm?
>>
File: Alfred_Naujocks.jpg (101 KB, 716x938) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Naujocks.jpg
101 KB, 716x938
>>1313644
Baltic Germans*
German Balts would be guys like pic related
>>
>>1313353
>Czechs didn't have their own state until recently so nothing to comment on there.
Czechs had own state for 128 years since the discovery of Americas, but you simply can't colonize anything if you are landlocked.
>>
That's the reason they don't have immigrants
>>
>>1313320
Poles never did.
>>
File: Stefan Batory at Pskov.jpg (184 KB, 1024x598) Image search: [Google]
Stefan Batory at Pskov.jpg
184 KB, 1024x598
>>1320527
>Poles never did.
>>
File: Sigismund III Vasa 1611.jpg (248 KB, 1024x669) Image search: [Google]
Sigismund III Vasa 1611.jpg
248 KB, 1024x669
>>1321090
>>
>>1321090
Poles are too subhuman for imperialism.
>>
>>1313353
>Czechs didn't have their own state until recently so nothing to comment on there.
>bohemia don't real
>>
>>1321365

> /pol/
>>
>>1313320
Poland-Lithuania's vassal Courland had a colony in the Carribean

Also at the Versailles Conference some of the Polish delegation wanted a piece of the German colonies
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.