[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the reaction of non Europeans to freckles, red hair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
What was the reaction of non Europeans to freckles, red hair and light eye/hair color?
>>
>>1309765
>>
>>1309765
Red haircolour, freckles, and light coloured irises, are not phenotypes exclusive to peoples of Europe.
>>
>>1309765
>Ogga booga gibs me dat
>>
My folk thought you guys were spirits, then just odd but alright people
>>
The Romans had a stock character in plays of the red-headed (Celtic) slave.
The Arabs thought Richard the Lion-Hearted was unusually fierce due to his red hair.
>>
>>1309765
In africa is literally rape.
>>
>>1309814
Do they see the red hair and then go mad with lust?
>>
>>1309766
Since when did Ants start caring about human phenotypes?
>>
>>1309766
Southern Spaniards don't have a lot of blonde hair huh? Gee, I wonder why......
>>
>>1309765
reminder that the Irish are the offspring of Esau
>>
>>1309765
Boners
>>
>>1309765
>freckles
I might think they were some kind of skin disease if I didn't know what they really were
>>
They had already seen mongols and africans so they probably just assumed things get weirder the farther you are from home. To begin with they only saw devious white men so they didn't develop an infatuation with white women if that is what you're wondering.
>>
>>1309824
>Le moorish
get the fuck out
>>
>>1309824
Underrated post
>>
File: stock-photo-64273929.jpg (501 KB, 780x1170) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-64273929.jpg
501 KB, 780x1170
>>1309765
original photo
>>
>>1309765
Not sure but it was probably similar to the modern day reaction. For example, I'm irish, freckled and red headed. I travelled to Turkey 2 years ago and they all seemed fascinated with my hair colour and eager to interact with me
>>
>>1309916
It has something to do with poores
>>
File: Witchcraft[1].jpg (189 KB, 919x674) Image search: [Google]
Witchcraft[1].jpg
189 KB, 919x674
>>1309935
>http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/21592/20160504/deadly-hunt-witchcraft-superstitions-could-lead-to-total-extinction-for-malawi-albinos-un-warns.htm

mana and hp potions will be made with your limbs - you have been warned
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.