[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Failure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1465500871756.png (33 KB, 917x1186) Image search: [Google]
1465500871756.png
33 KB, 917x1186
Are you afraid of it?
Any philosophical/social sciences texts that adress the subject of failure?
>>
File: carteljapones2-171517.jpg (90 KB, 480x626) Image search: [Google]
carteljapones2-171517.jpg
90 KB, 480x626
>>1309650
Failure is my Greatest Fear,anon
Failure.....
>>
Why would you? It is what makes you better.
>>
>>1309895
Because i don't want to feel like a loser...
>>
If you fail because of poor choices youve made, then feel failed. But if you fail trying to achieve a goal, feel dumb but more experienced, I see failures as lessons.

If we go into a more larger context, as in society, no I dont fear failure, because I define myself and dont let others. Failure and success is just spooks humans stress about, its all in your head really, success is supposed to give happiness and failure sadness, but why?
Most people want success because they believe they will be loved and defined well by others if they succed and vice versa if they fail, but in reality, or in the long run people will show love and look at you positive when youre a honest person with good intentions.
My point is be true to yourself and you'll never fail, you decide if youve failed or not.
>>
>>1309925
Better ask and appear dumb than to not ask and stay dumb.
>>
File: WarOpiate.png (473 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
WarOpiate.png
473 KB, 1125x681
>>1309650
I do not fear failure. I did when I was younger and more concerned about peoples' perceptions. Don't worry brah, it'll all be OK. Have a read:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susantardanico/2012/09/27/five-ways-to-make-peace-with-failure/#213cd7d3376c
>>
>>1309895
It has made me the piece of shit i am now
>>
>>1309650
Yes and no.

I've always had wonky fine-motor function, so I'm pretty used to failure. I just reach a stopping point and try again some other time if it matters enough to me.
>>
>>1310182
>Thanks for coming to Forbes. Please turn off your ad blocker in order to continue.

nope.jpg
>>
>>1309650
You fear it in High School, then you grow up.
>>
File: 1395826584739.jpg (123 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
1395826584739.jpg
123 KB, 500x683
>He who does not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle shall perish
>>
Why be afraid of the inevitable
>>
It's not the failure that fucks you. It's how you bounce back from the failure. You can wallow in your own self pity, or you can realize it's rounds down range, load up another mag and keep shooting
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.