[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So invented the gun, /his/? Earliest exampme of a gun was found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: milius.jpg (1 MB, 1369x1629) Image search: [Google]
milius.jpg
1 MB, 1369x1629
So invented the gun, /his/?

Earliest exampme of a gun was found in southern europe. Was it Ottomans? Europeans? I know China invented the first firearm, which was like a packed tube thing with projectiles in it but who invented the first gun?
>>
Gunpowder came first, and was probably made somewhere in China.
>>
>>1304339
Thats not what I asked.
>>
>>1304339
wasn't there also some european monk who wrote down the recipe for gunpowder around the same time?
>>
>>1305087
nah, gunpowder was invented way before we had monks writing down shit...
>>
>>1304338
What do you mean by a gun? Handcannons developed in China in the 13th century, which is the first true gun. They appeared in the Islamic world and then Europe in the 14th century and possibly a bit earlier. The arquebus then developed in 15th century Europe.
>>
>>1305087
No, Roger Bacon was the first European to mention gunpowder in the 13th century. Gunpowder was invented in China around the 9th (pic related is its earliest depiction). Also he only described a firecracker brought from China, the idea that he wrote down the whole recipe is a myth; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Bacon#Gunpowder
>>
Gunpowder was probably invented early than we think, but the people who made it probably blew themselves up.
>>
>>1305802
Nah. The first Gunpowder in China went "fwoosh" than "bang." It most likely burned their table or house down.

Hence the idea that "Chinese invented gunpowder but only used it for firecrackers" is some ridiculous BS because almost at the Get Go its use was military. As an incendiary at first.
>>
>>1305143
so where's the gun powder? and the filename says 10th century
>>
>>1305812
CHINA
INVENTED
THE
FIRST
GUN
>>
>>1305131
> Handcannons developed in China in the 13th century, which is the first true gun.

Try the Jin dynasty sometime around 1189 to 1192. They were using Handcannons before the Mongols started shit with them. It predates the Yaun dynasty, much like a great many inventions credited to have happen during that era of Chinese history.

>They appeared in the Islamic world and then Europe in the 14th century and possibly a bit earlier.

The first recorded use of handcannons by a Islamic army was at the Battle of Ain Jalut in 1260.

>The arquebus then developed in 15th century Europe.

Namely in Prague during the early years of the Hussite wars in the 1420s.
>>
File: Jackie-Chan-I-Cannot.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Jackie-Chan-I-Cannot.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
>Anyone who doesn't think China invented firearms is literally retarded.
>>1304338
Now OP, if you are asking who invented the first musket style gun,which I believe would be a matchlock iirc, then that could be a discussion.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.