[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why some countries become more dense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: bangladesh.jpg (24 KB, 600x359) Image search: [Google]
bangladesh.jpg
24 KB, 600x359
Can someone explain to me why some countries become more dense and have a tendency to be more over-populated than others?

I understand Bangladesh is situated on the delta and has some of the most fertile land in the world, but isn't it uncomfortable to live there? Did the partition fuck them over?
>>
>>1303333
You have to understand that following the mongol invasions, the whole territory now controlled by Russia was empty of any people.

There were 7 million russians in the year 1600. There are like what, 150 million now? That's a big increase.

Compared to that, the Bengal delta has always been highly populated.
>>
>>1303333
Climate

Culture

Religion

Partition of India

Finally, Russia has been more developed (despite the memes) than most of the world for one of the longest periods in history. 1900-present. It just is in the bad middle-income trap where people are developed enough to not have big families, but not developed enough to stay in Russia or for a lot of immigrants to come.
>>
>>1303386
>for a lot of immigrants to come.
they get a lot of migrant workers from central asian, post-soviet republics to work there.
>>
>>1303333
Rich crop land makes it easier for birth there. Also no offense to any Bengals out there but I'm sure Russia is a couple times more developed than Bangladesh, Russians are gonna have less kids.
>>
>>1303386
Look into Russian imperial growth. They kept most of their territories while the others gave up.

The US is in similar predicament as the Russians as they didn't lose their colonialist territorial claims.

Bangladesh is a small partitioned area for the Muslims that was recently created in the 40s-50s. They have an artificial population growth.
>>
R/k selection
Climate {you can spawn people casually in the tropics with lesser costs than in more glacial biomes. Disease is worse along the equator, so you'd want to spares. Industrialization sterilizes but peasants habits don't run
>>
>>1303422
>They have an artificial population growth.
how so?
>>
>>1303431
Mass migration.
>>
Russia strong

Bangladesh weak
>>
>>1303398
Yes but only about 3-5% of the population.

Western Europe is 10-15% and America 20%.

>>1303422
>>1303431
The partition sent about 10 million "Bengalis" into Bangladesh.
>>
>>1303482
>The partition sent about 10 million "Bengalis" into Bangladesh.
I've read that now that India is experiencing high economic growth, and due to Bangaldesh's overcrowding, there's lots of Bengalis spilling over into India North-Eastern states.
>>
>>1303333
Russia is a big fucking icy desert

How population dense is the ocean?
>>
File: Russia_Population_Map.png (145 KB, 986x635) Image search: [Google]
Russia_Population_Map.png
145 KB, 986x635
>>1303555
Basically that. Of course it still better to live in Russia than in Banglameme.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.