[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nobody has ever been able to conquer Afghanistan except the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
>Nobody has ever been able to conquer Afghanistan except the mongols

Who made this meme? What about the Muslims? Do people forget Afghanistan used to be predominantly Buddhist and Hindu?
>>
>>1303270
butthurt britbongs who got rekt hard once in 1842
>>
>>1303270
>tfw Afghanistan will never be a greek-speaking buddhist country
By do mudslimes have to ruin everyting?
>>
>>1303270
Same people who made the meme that Russia can't be invaded.

They're largely Western inventions to justify their own failures.
>>
>>1303332
it never was one you faggot.
>>
>>1303270
Even the Seleucids manage to conquer the area, and then a bunch of bum fuck nomads.

>>1303332
This is honestly one of my greatest regrets.
>>
>>1303270
The Mongols and Ghznavids (early Turks, so basically Mongols) were the ones to actually make Afghanistan an Islamic country.

Also, that map is great.
>>
File: Nooristani_Man.jpg (175 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Nooristani_Man.jpg
175 KB, 640x960
>>1303270
They were just invaded, not conquered. Islam started being practiced in the 7th century in Afghanistan, when Arabs took over Herat, but when they reached Kabul they were fought off. In the 10th century the vast majority of Afghans became Muslims during the Ghaznavid dynasty, with the exception of Nuristanis who became Muslim in the 19th century.
>>
>>1303578
lrn2history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactria
>>
>>1303270
I was under the impression that, depending on how you define "conquered", it never was. Lots of nations have launched campaigns into Afghanistan and wrecked shit, and even temporarily occupied it, but hasn't pretty much everyone struggled to maintain control or properly administer it? Did nations like the Seleucids and Persian dynasties really rule it, or did they maintain weak and tenuous influence over it and color it in on a map as there's?
>>
>>1303631
Greek was exclusive to an elite. It wouldn't be the major language just like pashto isn't (and pasthun warriors created Afghanistan and gave it the name).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.