[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is the ad hominem fallacy deeply rooted in tabula
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 460x657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 460x657
Is it just me or is the ad hominem fallacy deeply rooted in tabula rasa belief?
>>
>>1300302
Yeah it's just you
>>
>>1300302
Whether the person is an idiot or not from birth doesn't mean that countering an argument with an ad hominem attack is appropriate or productive.
>>
>>1300314
Well, if I argue that you wouldn't know any better because you're a part of ethnicity X, doesn't that hold consistent with the idea of nature over nurture?
>>
>>1300330
At the very least it's valid.
>>
>>1300302
That's a big guy
>>
>>1300302
How are they related?

Is it because if someone is a clean slate and entirely a product of their envionment that means they can't be to blame for faults and people like to believe this to relieve themselves of responsibility?
>>
>>1300352
U.u.u.u
>>
>>1300352
>Corporal Bob Roberts was overseeing the surrender of dozens of enemy soldiers during the Battle of Normandy when the 7ft 6ins German loomed into his view.

>Cpl Roberts, who stood two feet below him at 5ft 6ins, had the daunting job of frisking the German lance corporal for weapons before taking him prisoner.
>>
>>1300350
No it isn't

>you think the world is round? Well, your ig test tells me you are wrong

>>1301025
Sure it wasn't 5'11 and 6'1 feet?
>>
>>1300334
ethnicity is nurture

unless you are a racist and believe natural ethnicity makes someone born mentally incapable of understanding
>>
>>1300302
>SURRENDER NOW OR WE'LL SHOOT THE ANTI-AIR
>>
>>1300302
Ad hominem fallacy is deeply rooted in not actually having an argument and being a crude retard in public debate
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 205x246
>>1301025
>tfw 5' 7"
>>
>>1301025
Im 6'8
>>
Statistically speaking there are always outliers to a group. So even if you believe one ethnicity is inferior in some way, there will always be people of that ethnicity that exceed your expectations.

So really >>1301077

Is completely correct. If you're opponent is a dumb [insert racial slur here] prove it with an argument.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.