[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have some unusual world views. I would like to be able to call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: a0430112173_16[1].jpg (62 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a0430112173_16[1].jpg
62 KB, 700x700
I have some unusual world views. I would like to be able to call myself a member of some school of thought but I don't know where I fit. I would like to read some philosophy but I just don't know what I would enjoy, or what/who would tell me something I haven't already thought about.
>tl;dr
If I have 0% belief in religion, am skeptical of everything, and despise the way my own generation acts, (y, 1993) what might I enjoy reading?
>>
>>1300113
kafka
>>
"How to kill yourself" sounds like a good fit for you.
>>
>>1300113
>am skeptical of everything
Try solipsism then, fag.

U CANNOT KNOW
>>
>>1300113
'Fedora Collector's Guide' might be more your speed.
>>
>>1300119
1/4 to be expected so kafka eh?
Think they quoted him in like psycho-pass or somethings whats his basic deal?
>>
>>1300113
Average 4chan poster.
>>
>>1300113
stirner
schopenhauer
celine
>>
>>1300125
>Not pyrrhonism
Its like you can't even perpetually inquire
>>
Philosophy is very similar to gender studies. It's useless but it does give pride to the prideless
>>
>>1300113
Julius Evola (mainly Ride The Tiger) and other traditionalists.
That "skeptical of everything" view will go away.
>>
>>1300113
give us a list of your key views then so we can roast you
>>
>>1301464
From there, or alternatively first, read some Adi Shankara. Was real eye opening for me when I first read it (and was in a similar state as you OP) and realized that being skeptical of everything breaks down your bog standard lazy materialism and ontology pretty quickly.
>>
File: 1462582324318.jpg (15 KB, 231x266) Image search: [Google]
1462582324318.jpg
15 KB, 231x266
>>1300113
Start with the Greeks. I'd be very surprised if you didn't find some things you "haven't already thought about."
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.