[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Axes confirmed for pieces of shit! https://www.youtube.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: axe.jpg (6 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
axe.jpg
6 KB, 310x163
Axes confirmed for pieces of shit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LM-kBOw920

haha get fucked /his/ your precious axes are dog shit
>>
>>1298559

Just because swords are superior weapons doesn't mean the axe didn't have its uses in combat.

Also, doesn't /his/ hate swords and agree that axes are generally shit at fucking shit up?
>>
>>1298568
No one hates swords because unlike axes they had some actual uses.
>>
>>1298568
No one has ever said that on here.

Axes are shit, live with it
>>
Why do we need the axes r shit threads daily?
>>
>>1298588
It's just one of our house-hold autists baiting, let him do his thing.
>>
>>1298559

There are 4 other threads in the archive of your anti-axe autism. Why on earth do you obsess so much over this topic, especially after people manage to refute you every fucking time? Do you have some kind of mental disorder?
>>
>>1298588
For education purposes. This time I have someone to back it up and as usual - I was right, /his/ was fucking wrong.
>>
>>1298611
>refute every fucking time

[citation needed]
>>
>>1298603
I suppose so.

>>1298612
Quaint, I've only seen that axes had their place but was generally inferior. Good that you get to feel superior though. Now, please, stop making these threads.
>>
File: 1465164881760.png (191 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
1465164881760.png
191 KB, 419x398
>>1298559
>taking scholagladiatoria seriously
nigger please
>>
>>1298663
Dumb animeposter.
>>
If axes were bad then why would people in so many different cultures use them for so long
>>
>>1298612
lol that your life is so devoid of joy that this is something you feel worth bragging about
>>
Axes have more weight distributed at the end, so it is better against armored assailants. Also, axes doubled as tools, so they were great weapons for peasants becuase they were super useful in so many ways
>>
>>1298663
There is literally nothing wrong with most of Matt's videos
>>
It's a well known fact that the real master race of weaponry are polearms and maces, above all, warhammers.
>>
>>1298825
I agree - except those where he says "tachi" because he pronounces it wrong (tashi).
>>
>>1298831
back to /tg/, everyone knows that the sword is the coolest weapon
>>
>>1298825
>claims the normans weren't french or frankish because he can't accept britain losing to them
lmao
>>
>>1298853
If Australia invaded Indonesia and conquered it, would you say It was an Australian victory, or a British victory?
>>
>>1298856
Normandy is connected directly the france, and culturally at the time was frankish/french (depending on which you consider it in 1066). The northmen had settled there for over a hundred years, had intermarried with the french and had adopted french customs. They were a subculture.
>>
>>1298559
lol vikings conquered like half of the known world with axes and u guys say its useless...
>>
>>1298856
British if it was under the British Empire, t.b.h.
>>
File: Dane_Axe.jpg (42 KB, 625x623) Image search: [Google]
Dane_Axe.jpg
42 KB, 625x623
>>1298559
Not Dane Axes.
>>
>>1298825
most, except when he is opining on things he has no expertise in. Has he studied any martial art that include systematic use of an axe or hatchet?

and dont get me started on his katana video
>>
>>1300656
Is it true the katana can cut through sky scrapers?
>>
shaped for shearing
sharp as razors
>>
File: Long haft.jpg (77 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
Long haft.jpg
77 KB, 900x599
>>1300771
>>
>>1300656
>muh folded 10,000,000 times supersword like in my animes

Literally nothing wrong with his katana vids
>>
>>1298853
You should never take a brit seriously when he's talking about something related to britain. Ever. Brits are worse than Americans when it comes to delusion about their country and history.
>>
>>1300843
I'm glad your reading so much into what I am saying.

There is a lot wrong with it. Katana did change throughout their history, as did the nuance of their use, and chalks his misconceptions up to the Japanese being blindly traditional.

He is a hema guy with a giant chip on his shoulder because of the katana iconic status

at leas skallagrim acknowledges his thoughts are shaped by working with European blades. Matt pretends his hema experience makes him an expert on other types of swords too
>>
>>1298559
Doesn't that video claim axes are roughly equivalent (but different, higher impact less nimble) to swords if you also have a shield?
>>
>>1300871
Or maybe I was thinking of another guys video, I cant find the one I was thinking of.

Though he does seem very unhappy with katana
>>
>>1300916
>>1300871
>>1300656

Yeah I think it was another British guy I was referring too.

This guys videos are ok
>>
>>1300957
Probably Lindybeige

He's far from as well sourced and informative, more of an entertainer
>>
>>1298559
>>1298568
>NOT MACES AND SPEARS
AHAHAHAH FUCKING FAGGOTS
>>
I don't get it, OP.

Where does he ever say or imply that?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.