[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would had happened if the good guys won the hundred years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1465669590002.jpg (838 KB, 1000x1076) Image search: [Google]
1465669590002.jpg
838 KB, 1000x1076
What would had happened if the good guys won the hundred years war and formed the united kingdom of Britannia and France?
>>
The royals of England would never stop speaking and identifying themselves as French and the English language would be exctint today.
>>
>>1297120
Alright now that the frog butthurt has settled lets discuss the Geo-political benefits like no world wars or napoleon
>>
>>1297125
The English monarchs only started to use English as their main tongue in the hundred years war, aquiring land with a much bigger population than their own would probably just give them even more reasons to stay French.
>>
Most of those quotes are from Dumas a mulatto author and Byron a poet and manwhore/cockmongler.

19th century definition of europe proper is laughable.
>>
>>1297141
No it was because of an urban plaque devastating all the bureaucrats who spoke french. They weren't "butthurt" they were the kings of France til the war of roses eroded this position
>>
>>1297108
>history
>>
>>1297108
It would just be the Kingdom of France, and England would happen to be a part of it.

English would be a dead Language.

The world would be a better place with an absence of Anglos.
>>
The idea of the Treaty of Troyes was to keep England and France as separate states which happened to share one ruler - Henry V and his descendants.
>>
>>1297270
Every personal union ends in secession or merger with only de jure different states
>>
>Rome is left outside if the area that is fundamentally defining European Culture.
Wow. Just...wow.
Also I understand these quotes are 19th century when the Roach Sultanate still stood...but how could you possibly ensue that Greece has not had an influence in forming European defining traits. Perhaps not for quite some time in a direct way. But had there not been the Byzantine Scholars in exile there probably wouldn't have been a renaissance
>>
European and Hellenistic culture really don't have much in common. Hellenes were even more involved in the near east and north africa, and the lasting impact is obvious to the eyes
>>
>>1297470
I could see Hellenistic culture being separate from European, but I don't think European could be seen as separate from Hellenistic
>>
>>1297538
You are the one asserting a claim, I do not see it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.