[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite passage of Philosophical Text? "From this point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: schopps.jpg (17 KB, 375x480) Image search: [Google]
schopps.jpg
17 KB, 375x480
Favorite passage of Philosophical Text?

"From this point of view one might consider that the appropriate form of address between man and man ought to be , not monsieur, sir, but fellow sufferer, compagnon de misères. However strange this may sound it corresponds to the nature of the case, makes us see other men in a true light and reminds us of what are the most necessary of all things : tolerance, patience, forbearance and charity, which each of us needs and which each of us therefore owes"

From Schopenhauer's essay "On the Suffering of the World".
>>
>>1296960
Why are philosophists so try hards? Why can't they just write normal and not try to make their text sound as hard as possible?
>>
>>1296970
I mean this is translated from like 19th century German...
>>
>>1296970
>This is hard
Well, maybe you should have continued your studies in elementary school.
>>
>>1296970
Maybe you should go spend your time on something simpler instead of dragging everyone down to your level
>>
>>1296970
>writing with any profundity or sentiment is "tryhard"

4chan has poisoned you.
>>
"Sapere Aude" (dare to know)
-popularized by Kant.
>>
>>1297372
It's funny because Kant said you can't know nuffin about reality.
>>
>Total presence breaks on the univocal predication of the exterior absolute the absolute existent (of that of which it is not possible to univocally predicate an outside, while the equivocal predication of the outside of the absolute exterior is possible of that of which the reality so predicated is not the reality, viz., of the dark/of the self, the identity of which is not outside the absolute identity of the outside, which is to say that the equivocal predication of identity is possible of the self-identity which is not identity, while identity is univocally predicated of the limit to the darkness, of the limit of the reality of the self). This is the real exteriority of the absolute outside: the reality of the absolutely unconditioned absolute outside univocally predicated of the dark: the light univocally predicated of the darkness: the shining of the light univocally predicated of the limit of the darkness: actuality univocally predicated of the other of self-identity: existence univocally predicated of the absolutely unconditioned other of the self. The precision of the shining of the light breaking the dark is the other-identity of the light. The precision of the absolutely minimum transcendence of the dark is the light itself/the absolutely unconditioned exteriority of existence for the first time/the absolutely facial identity of
existence/the proportion of the new creation sans depth/the light itself ex nihilo: the dark itself univocally identified, i.e., not self-identity identity itself equivocally, not the dark itself equivocally, in self-alienation, not self-identity, itself in self-alienationreleased in and by otherness, and actual other,itself, not the abysmal inversion of the light, the reality of the darkness equivocally, absolute identity equivocally predicated of the self/selfhood equivocally predicated of the dark (the reality of this darkness the other-self-covering of identity which is the identification person-self)

Leahy '96
>>
>>1296960

>At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: ‘I have to go to work – as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for – the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?’
>The Meditations of Macrus Aurelius

I like this quote solely because it helps me get out of bed and get shit done. Now that's what I call practical philosophy.
>>
File: 2678968.png (544 KB, 867x720) Image search: [Google]
2678968.png
544 KB, 867x720
>>1297410
Curious, how do you reconcile this with absurdism
>>
>>1297410
>Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?
This is a terrible quote because I would just go back to sleep at this point.
>>
>>1297419

I am Catholic, but even on the days I don't believe in God or a higher purpose I try to find purpose in the struggle. Also I am a narcissistic perfectionist who is more afraid of being regarded as mediocre than I am of being alone, being injured, being unhappy, becoming insane or pretty much everything besides death
>>
>>1297377
Muh algebra
>>
>>1296970
Because it is not simply about delivering information. You need people to read it.
Presentation is important.
Also, the style of writing changes the way it is perceived.
Many writers say relevant because they explain themselves by appealing to certain base sensations the variations and flows of which can turn into many specifics of different sorts in different fields.

Philosophers of describe and appeal to general sensations and intuitions for which, at the time of writing, there is no proper description or words.
>>
>>1299689
I mean this is how you create new concepts. You have to appeal to something more primordial, create a new description which you can later call by a new and original word.
>>
>>1299689
>>1299695

This is the brilliance of philosophers like deleuze and nietszhe and all those "french continentals" that morons on /his/ love to hate.
Even beyond the cration of new description to be named, they create the fields and new zones through which new and original interpretations can be created and passed on into other fields.
>>
>>1297419
It seems to me that in this quote he resolves it by appealing to existentialism. His stream of life as an individual with inhrent place in the world(by the fact that he exists).
There is no need to look any further since your very existence already imbues you with a need for action and places you indise the stream of action so to speak.
>>
>>1299763
Through this understanding a search for meaning is a cry of the person that is not invovled in the world.
Like most NEET 4channers.
Of a person who has lost his place as a changer and mover and action taker. It is a cry of a dog that is provided for by others and has no responsibility for his destiny.
a new phenomena of a modern world where some people find themselves being sustained by others, do not decide their own destiny and thus feel helpless.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.