[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Hitler stop at Poland?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I know that england declared war on Germany afterwards, but why did he decide to invade france?

He should have known that the French would never submit to german rule, the might take France, but they could never keep it.

He should have stopped at Poland, sealed up his boarders and waited it out.

At any rate, invading Russia was fucking foolhardy, I don't know how no one could have been like, "Umm, mien fuhrer? I think this is maybe not being such a good idea..."
>>
>>1285810
>be hitler
>invade poland
>holy shit this was easy
>maybe the erdereich and the infinite lebensraum is not a bad idea
>send da jews to siberia
>this gonna be as sweet as that afternoon in poland
>>
>>1285810

Invading Russia was always the plan, it was THE reason for Nazism to exist. Invading France was necessary after the Allies DoW, Hitler's real mistake was in breaking the Treaty of Munich and so revealing himself to be a liar. After that, there was no more room for a negotiated settlement over Poland since the Allies had no confidence Hitler would confine his ambitions to the Polish Corridor.
>>
>>1285810
Becase he wanted France. Among other things. So he needed his east border secured. That's why he tried to ally with Poland and when that failed he allied with Soviet Union which some faggots still ignore. Then they defeated Poland waited a bit and turned to France that was still patiently waiting for the attack all this time.
>>
>I know that england declared war on Germany afterwards, but why did he decide to invade france?

France also was subjected to declare war on Germany because of muh treaty of versailles
>>
>>1285856
>Invading Russia was always the plan

Source
>>
>>1285810
But thats my point. He could have just holed up and let france and england wear themselves out trying to beat down his door.

Initially Hitler only wanted the rhineland, which was taken from germany in WWI. (and austria of course, which he took without firing a shot.)
>>
>>1285999
I know, but why did he invade? Why not fight a defensive war? With the Rhineland, he had access to ports and was no longer land locked.
>>
>>1286034
oops. just looked at a map. nm.
>>
>>1286053
You've made a fool of yourself
>>
>>1286026
>which was taken from germany in WWI.

Check out this niggah.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.