[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, friends. I'm writing my thesis on "humanitarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1465858742289.jpg (69 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1465858742289.jpg
69 KB, 800x587
Hello, friends.

I'm writing my thesis on "humanitarian intervention", responsibility to protect (R2P) and democracy.

I really like this board and your recommendations, so do you guys have any ideas on reading material? It doesn't need to be directly related with my theme, as long as it could help me.

Cheers!
>>
File: wow.jpg (170 KB, 798x585) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
170 KB, 798x585
>>1285467
>>
>>1285467
mein kampf maybe
>>
Theres a ton of articles to be found on this. Try google scholar for the best shit. I might be able to post some later on.
>>
>>1285485
Yeah, I've got a ton of directly related stuff. Specially from google scholar and libgen. I'm more interested in something not directly related, you know? Either way if you can please post something later on. I'd be grateful
>>
>>1285467
Remember to focus on how Tony Blair thought he was a humanitarian and ended up becoming the NEW butcher of Baghdad. :)

[p.s. Chilcot and war crimes trial SOON.]
>>
File: 9zioVLJ.jpg (320 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
9zioVLJ.jpg
320 KB, 1200x1200
>>1285467

You should mention how its often just an excuse used to overthrow countries when the west

1) funds demonstrators and gives them weapons
2) tells their paid demonstrators/provocateurs to shoot at both protesting crowds and the police observing the protest
3) puts out a bunch of media claiming the country is brutally repressing or shooting down protesters
4) then massively ramp up the supply of weapons to the protesters who then start attacking police stations and gov. buildings
5) this triggers a response by the government of that nation which allows the west to claim the government is massacring its citizens and then if their proxies can't overthrow the gov. themselves the west comes in and bombs them so they can install their own neoliberal pro-Israel government thats willing to go massively into debt with the IMF/World Bank, privatize state oil companies and turn over control of the central bank from state-owned to private control.

see Libya, Syria, Ukraine

Meanwhile, when Bahrain's forces use live ammo on protesters or when Egyptian forces under Sisi gun down in one day more protesters then the number of people killed at Tiananmen square the US still remains allied to them and keeps giving them military aid because they are aligned with the Zio-Saudi axis and are okay with privatization of state assets.

Humanitarian intervention in some cases may actually be a good thing but because of how consistently the west has cynically used manufactured crises as excuses to overthrow governments the concept has no legitimacy..
>>
>>1285467
Seeing as you're putting it in quotes I suppose you recognise that it isn't a real thing?

The Balkans are the best example - a strong, united state reduced to a series of tiny, deprived ethno-sectarian states with no independence.

would recommend "To Kill a Nation: The Attack on Yugoslavia" by Michael Parenti
>>
>>1285801
You're right. I personally don't recognize it as a real thing.

However, I'd be very much interested in reading something written by someone who believes humanitarian intervention is valid, correct and/or necessary.

>>1285795
>>1285595
>>1285801

Thanks
>>
File: 1465822536119.jpg (13 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
1465822536119.jpg
13 KB, 500x311
>>1285467
bump
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.