[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this man? Didn't know whether I should post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Yukio_Mishima.jpg (97 KB, 449x364) Image search: [Google]
Yukio_Mishima.jpg
97 KB, 449x364
Thoughts on this man? Didn't know whether I should post here or on /lit/, but I would consider him historically significant. Pic related.
>>
File: O_OscarDelPozo_Mishima_1[1].jpg (319 KB, 1202x1600) Image search: [Google]
O_OscarDelPozo_Mishima_1[1].jpg
319 KB, 1202x1600
>>1284629
He was real handsome.
>>
Deluded wannabe samurai warrior. Created a paramilitary group as an elaborate ploy to commit suicide. Basically a tumblr-tier retard who wanted to go out with a bang because no one read his drivel.

Influential only to weaboo web-Nazis.
>>
>>1284664
>no one read his drivel
>considering how well his novels were selling and he was being considered for the Nobel prize this is just an untrue statement
>>
What was about his novels that made them so highly regarded?
>>
>>1286886

Read the sea of fertility
>>
File: Mishima7.jpg (711 KB, 2186x2894) Image search: [Google]
Mishima7.jpg
711 KB, 2186x2894
Born too late, tried to revive a nationalism that wasn't gonna rise from atomic ashes.

Cool guy tho.
>>
>>1286886
He was a master of style. Don't think this can be translated all that well.

>>1284664
Yeah, no, it's not like he wasn't one of two-three greatest post-war Japanese writers and a huge figure in both modern and traditional Japanese theatre.

>>1284649
He skipped leg days though. You'll never see his full figure, and I think he once sued a newspaper for publishing a photo showing his legs.

>>1284629
As far as his political activities go, it's better to not see them as political, but rather as an artistic performance. There's no reason to believe that Shield Society or his coup attempt were ever aimed to achieve anything other than his suicide in a way that was as aesthetic as possible.

Same with Gabriele D'Annunzio, a very similar figure in Italian fascism, a writer whose work transcended literature and became political. But to view D'Annunzio as a politician will make him seem like a total retard.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.