[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was crossbowman the easiest job on medieval battlefield? >point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: crossbowman.jpg (121 KB, 355x451) Image search: [Google]
crossbowman.jpg
121 KB, 355x451
Was crossbowman the easiest job on medieval battlefield?

>point your crossbow
>shoot

wew lad don't go overboard with your dangerous fighting style
>>
>>1283225
>get knocked down by your own cavalry because knights are cunts
>>
Indeed it was.
The pope and the knights were buttmad.
>>
>>1283225
What is it with all these summerfag threads
>>
>>1283257
It's worth noting he banned archery as well.

No one listened.
>>
>>1283283
It's worth noting he banned slings as well.
But let's go with muh assault crossbows wuz bann because too powerful.
>>
>>1283510
>MUH SON GOT SHOT BY AN ASSAULT WEAPON
>crossbow

kek
>>
File: Bataille de Crécy (Froissart).jpg (453 KB, 1280x1082) Image search: [Google]
Bataille de Crécy (Froissart).jpg
453 KB, 1280x1082
>>1283225
> Be French Crossbowman
> Take half an hour to reload
> Get shot
Fucking longbows. Ban on automatic weapons when ?
>>
>>1285487
>Not using a pavese to duck behind while reloading.

It's like you want to be shot.
>>
>>1285619
>using the pussy pavese
>>
>>1285487
1) They were Genoese crossbowmen
2) The french lords pushed for battle ; They needed one day to prepare and their valets to come with the pavises
>>
>>1285977
Pretty much this. Most of the celebrated English victories can be attributed to bad preparation and/or the fact that their king was LITERALLY crazy. But of course that narrative isn't pushed in the English history books becasue they need to make out the longbow like Europe's version of the katana and longbowmen as some kind of invincible soldiers of death and destruction.

>>1283225
If I was forced on the battlefield, I'd probably rank the roles as follows in terms of desirability
>General
>General's bodyguard
>Heavy cavalry/knights
>Crossbowman
>Bowman
>Light cavalry, infantry and all the other plebs

Crossbowman is probably is a pleb role that's both low intensity (not saying that constantly reloading such a heavy thing doesn't tire you out though) and relatively safe.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.