[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can parents be blamed for their childrens' crimes, even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: c196fe761b4a_sf_5__1_.jpg (108 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
c196fe761b4a_sf_5__1_.jpg
108 KB, 1024x576
Can parents be blamed for their childrens' crimes, even if these are full-grown adults?
>>
>>1281640
If the nature of the crime is such that it can be traced back to the upbringing of the child then yes, to some extent the parents are arguably responsible. Neglect and indoctrination are good examples.
>>
>>1282660
And presumably you could try to trace the parents' faults back to their parents/upbringing and so on.
>>
blamed yes. punished for it, no
>>
>>1282686
Yes but the reason for finding responsibility in the first place is the crime, or rather - the law- which exists and acts in an entirely different realm than these dead people. You could go all the way and bring genetics and determinism into the discussion but i don't see the point. From a purely ethical standpoint we are all victims of this existence and whatever dice rolls we were given (assuming you even buy the idea that there is a "you" in some form and that we possibly are more than automata).
>>
>>1282686
that's why he said "to some extent"
because everything goes back to the very beginning, 'to some extent'.
>>
>>1282719
Punishing the violent cultist parents for their violent cultist childs crimes is arguably just as justified as any punishment their offspring might recieve.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.