[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ has literally become discount /pol/, just with less Nazis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 400x462
/his/ has literally become discount /pol/, just with less Nazis and more Communists.

Four of the first threads I saw were literally entirely about politics, no history, not even religion or philosophy, but just politics.

I thought this would be a cool place to discuss history, but unfortunately, it's just another place to shit out political opinions on the Internet.
>>
File: Me,everyFuckingday.jpg (9 KB, 199x250) Image search: [Google]
Me,everyFuckingday.jpg
9 KB, 199x250
I completely agree, Hiroyuki should have created two separate boards. Well whatever, hindsights 20/20.
I will concede however that the board isn't entirely unsalvageable, there are thought provoking threads on here from time to time.
>>
how aren't politics related to the progression of history or past philosophies? do you not see the overlap here?

you're going to have more political threads here because /pol/ is a right wing board and left wingers are always looking for a place to discuss their ideas. if /pol/ was more accepting of all types of discourse it's likely you wouldn't see so many left wing political threads here.
>>
File: image.png (251 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
251 KB, 750x1334
>>1280153

Mostly because we're better read than they are and we discuss theory.

You'll have a few right wingers here, but unlike /pol/ they are like that due to reason and logic.

They're more like Milo Yiannopolous; right wing- but open to new ideas.

Besides its a general rule on this board that /pol/ is frowned upon.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 500x532
>>1280153
So this post here, this one right here, this post you made; it has something to do with /his/tory, yes? But hey, thank you for shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>1280191
This place isn't about politics, full stop. It doesn't matter if politics is related to the progression of history because this place, when it comes to history, is about history from more than 25 years ago, not the history of the future. And if people made threads about political events asking about how they relate to a certain philosophy or asking people to view them from a particular philosophical perspective then they would be acceptable but this isn't what happens. And the only sort of political events that are posted here are the ones that will certainly lead to inflammatory and unproductive "discussion", i.e. shitposting, which is why there should be a blanket ban on discussing recent events or contemporary politics.
>>
>>1280260
>meta discussions aren't allowed
kys newfag and/or retard
>>
>>1280153
>waaah, one of the most popular boards on here has crossposters
>omg politics and discussion triggered!
Only you fuckers could make me actually sympathize with /pol/ autists. Pro-tip, 90% of the shit you think is '/pol/,' isn't
>>
>>1280202
That fag isn't even funny. He's just like Russell brand, he has a funny accent, so you think he's refined or some bullshit.
>>
>>1280285
>it's wrong to be bothered by constant off topic discussion when there is another place where such discussion would be considered on topic
>90% of the shit you think is '/pol/,' isn't
Any thing to do with politics is /pol/ and there are a whole lot of purely political threads that get posted here.
>>
>>1280294
>a whole lot of purely political threads that get posted here.
People say this, but having browsed since the start, I can either ignore/hide almost all of them with relative ease. Maybe you need to stop being bothered by such trivial shit and filter/hide/report the shit you don't like rather than starting shitty meta-threads complaining about the whole of a well-populated board being /pol/. I mean, you based your case on the first four threads you saw, how utterly retarded must you be?

Assuming you're OP.
>>
/pol/ and raytheists are ruining this board.
>>
>>1280202
>/pol/ only constitutes the right wing
>implying the equal left wingers on /his/ don't shitpost just as badly about how much they hate /pol/

Fucking delusional. You treat /his/ likes it's full of the most enlightened people on the site just because they're not right wingers.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.