[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/, I graduated from university last year and I'm living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1464677167641.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1464677167641.png
9 KB, 362x358
/his/, I graduated from university last year and I'm living with my parents and working part time at a warehouse job. For many months I have been telling my much older and working class co-workers about Marxism and economics etc. But then one of them saidd (as best as I can remember):

>"Aye, Anon ya speccy cunt, stop wi' this preachin' aboot Newliberalism an' all 'at shite. No one forces anyone 'a do any'in, go'ernments are voted in by people who all ken about 'eir votes. Newlibralism is just what 'appens naturally like.

How should I respond the next time I see him? And should I ask our manager (I haven't been telling him my views) if we can join a trade union?
>>
Come up with your own damn rebuttals.
>>
Seriously kill yourself and do what >>1277795 said.
>>
>>1277785
>Talking history and politics with people with 85 IQs.

Just stop, you fucking autist. Put the inventory on the shelves and keep your fucking mouth shut. Dumbass.
>>
>>1277830
This
>>
>>1277785
>How should I respond the next time I see him? And should I ask our manager (I haven't been telling him my views) if we can join a trade union?
You don't ask anyone you dumbass, you just join it. That's the point of unions.
>>
File: 1461009301435.jpg (89 KB, 723x722) Image search: [Google]
1461009301435.jpg
89 KB, 723x722
You should shut the fuck up and do your job. Marxism is a crock of shit.
>>
You know what would be great?
>1. Put down the Communist Manifesto, it offers no realistic answers.
>2. Stop dreaming of a world which will never become reality.
>3. No. Marx isn't based.
>4. Read an actual accomplished economist's work.
>>
>>1279206
This sums it up fairly well.
>>
well, he's wrong. you're coerced to do things in capitalist society. you and i both know that. you could choose to not work in a capitalist society, but you'll be getting table scraps at best. you'd be left with a small amount of money for being below the poverty line. this small amount of money given to you by the state is not enough to pay for a reasonable living. the other option is to live off of someone else's wage, like your parents or a significant other, but that's difficult in some cases. you're not FORCED to work, but it's the next closest thing- make not working so undesirable or difficult to live reasonably on that you are coerced into working.

its obviously true also that governments are voted in by the people. but ask around, ask your coworkers how they feel about today's governance. all around the internet you see people calling elections a game of choosing the lesser evil. yes, we consent to who we want to win when we admit our vote in the ballot box- but who we wrote down there is not who we want. it's not what we desire from government. its merely the best choice available to us, much like working for a wage is the best economic choice available to the working class.

there's no force present, really. just coercion. you've read marx, right? you should know this. this sort of rebuttal is how you have to reply to these arguments.
>>
Communism is for poor people who failed at life for whatever reason and now cry for a minimum income for being neets. I'm Romanian and have seen the effects of communism first hand. Stop fucking crying for a utopia. This is why I'll always pick fascism or anything else above communism.
>>
>>1277785
maybe if you can't defend your ideology with reason you shouldn't be espousing that ideology.
>>
OP's post feels like I'm reading a Iain Banks book.
>>
>>1277785
did this really happen, I have never heard normies talk about neoliberalism, only memes like donald trump
>>
I suggest killing yourself as all Marxists should, tbf lado
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.