[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best books on the ancient world? They must be written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: HANGING-GARDENS-OF_2744030b.jpg (156 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
HANGING-GARDENS-OF_2744030b.jpg
156 KB, 620x387
What are the best books on the ancient world?

They must be written in a way that doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out (i.e. not academic text books).

Books on areas other than Ancient Rome/Greece particularly welcome (anyone have any good books on Ancient Asia?).
>>
>>1269240
>They must be written in a way that doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out (i.e. not academic text books).
>>>/lit/
>>
Why don't you just read the original sources faggot? Start with some basic Tacitus.
>>
Cleomades et Claremonde, aka Le Cheval de Fust.
>>
>>1269240
Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, Daniel.

God Tier.
>>
>>1269391
Get out with that shit pun.
>>
>>1269391
I think OP is looking for books about history though
>>
Read the Greek and Roman historians, they're great.
>>
>>1269240
To add to this, can you lads recommend books about ancient people going to foreign lands and tripping out about the weird (relative to them) stuff that they see?
>>
>>1269420
inorite?

>>1269443
That is my understanding as well.
>>
>>1269725
the travels of marco polo
>>
>>1269288
Not OP, but I'd like to find more of what you're talking about. Where could I find it?
>>
>>1269725

Ibn Fadlan and the Land of Darkness
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.