[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck was his problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ismail-enver-227469.jpg (62 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
ismail-enver-227469.jpg
62 KB, 850x400
what the fuck was his problem
>>
>>1268826
Lebanese and Armenians
>>
>>1268826
I have a hypothesis:
The Ottomans wanted a homogeneous society.
>>
>>1268844
why did he hate armenians and lebanese
>>
>>1268934
Armenians weren't Muslim. Armenians were Orthodox Christians.
>>
>>1268897

This. Sorta. They wanted everyone to be Ottoman before their ethnic group or religious group. But the ottomans were assholes at this point and no one wanted that shit.

Also, He said Syrians, not Lebanese. Lebanese didn't exist until the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Only Mount Lebanon did.
>>
>>1268897
Naah ottomans were always ok with being a multi culti society but with the constant rebellions they might have become a bit jades but never so much that they went full facist.
>>
>>1268994

they were, until the French and the British started defeating them in North Africa and Egypt rebelled against them under Muhammad Ali without any effort, so the Ottomans thought "hey, maybe we should be like the French, a bunch of xenophobic murderers who think they're better than everyone else." and tried to make everyone Ottoman instead of Arab/Kurd/Muslim/Christian/Whatever.

No one liked that, and they all rebelled.

You don't get rebellion on every front unless you suck at being an Empire.
>>
If you're going to make a quote up, at least put the name right jeez.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.