[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: historical persons and events that they should make a movie about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 44
File: Roman von Ungern-Sternberg.jpg (39 KB, 512x338) Image search: [Google]
Roman von Ungern-Sternberg.jpg
39 KB, 512x338
>>
File: blohin_1.jpg (34 KB, 324x400) Image search: [Google]
blohin_1.jpg
34 KB, 324x400
>Vasily Mikhailovich Blokhin (Russian: Bacи́лий Mихáйлoвич Блoхи́н, 7 January 1895 – 3 February 1955) was a Soviet Russian Major-General who served as the chief executioner of the Stalinist NKVD under the administrations of Genrikh Yagoda, Nikolai Yezhov, and Lavrentiy Beria.

>Hand-picked for the position by Joseph Stalin in 1926, Blokhin led a company of executioners that performed and supervised numerous mass executions during Stalin's reign, mostly during the Great Purge and World War II.[2] He is recorded as having executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including his killing of about 7,000 Polish prisoners of war during the Katyn massacre in spring 1940,[2][3] making him the most prolific official executioner and mass murderer in recorded world history.[2][4] Forced into retirement following the death of Stalin, Blokhin died in 1955, officially by suicide.
>>
The assassination of Franz Ferdinand and the month before WWI.
>>
>>1266310
Obviously the mad Baron. The dude ate his medals to prevent the soviets getting them.
>>
File: Retrato_de_Hernán_Cortés.jpg (81 KB, 788x928) Image search: [Google]
Retrato_de_Hernán_Cortés.jpg
81 KB, 788x928
The best part? Not a single thing from the story would need to be dramatized.
>>
File: 1463646774626.jpg (8 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
1463646774626.jpg
8 KB, 187x269
It would be a dark comedy.
>>
>>1266356
Cortes was like the hero of a Greek Epic. The absolute madman.
>>
>>1266356
>Cortez
>Depicted as anything but a villainous conquistador.
Especially with today's Post-Colonial discourse.
>>
>>1266446
>Implying he wasen't a villainous conquistador
>>
>>1266483
>being leftist
>>
>>1266446
And why would he be depicted as anything else?
Was Daniel Planview as hero? No.
The ideal motive of the movie would not be revisionism. It would not be to provide some sort of message. It would only tell history exactly as we can be grasp it.

It's a serious gamble for film markets. But considering the source material, it has all the perfect ingredients for an epic.
>>
>>1266483
More like a heroic conqueror who fought alongside the enemies of the merciless Aztec Empire.
>>
>>1266509
>Implying
>>
>>1266520
>Hurrdurr The aztecks killed of a large amount of their neighburing peoples.
>So let's genocide them and their neigbouring peoples
>>
>>1266310
The Conquistadors, even though hollywood leftists would ruin it.
>>
>>1266509
>support this Spanish soldier, conqueror, and traitor who lived centuries before left and right were even concepts or you're a leftist

Stop.
>>
>>1266697
>>1266509
>Le Leftists! Le Leftists!
Spain sucked as an empire so much, the Lat-Am revolutionary leaders started inventing nationalities or associating with Pre-Colonial identities even if they were catholic as fuck, ethnically Spanish/Mestizo, and spoke Spicspeak.

This isn't leftist shit.
>>
File: bonaparte.jpg (74 KB, 306x437) Image search: [Google]
bonaparte.jpg
74 KB, 306x437
How the fuck is there still not a Napoleon biopic?

There are literally none, not even a shitty one.

It's been over a hundred years since the motion picture was invented, and NO ONE has made a movie about one of the most influential, controversial, and important figures of the modern age?
>>
>>1266705
This shit is really stupid.

My family's mexican and they're like 85% white at least yet they still bitch about 'muh spanish opreshun' and refer to the amerinds as 'us' and the spaniards as 'them'.
>>
>HBO is taking on a pivotal moment in the history of the Americas with Cortes, a high-profile drama series in development. It is being written/executive produced by Mississippi Burning scribe Chris Gerolmo, directed/executive produced by Martin Scorsese and executive produced by Benicio Del Toro who is interested in starring as the Aztec conqueror.

>Alfonso Arau (Like Water for Chocolate) is in talks with Netflix to develop The Conquest of the Sun, a miniseries about how Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortez defeated the Aztec empire.
>>
>>1266713
It's not when you realize Spain actively discriminated between Spaniards born in Spain, and Spaniards born in the colonies.

They were begging for separatism with their snootiness really.
>>
>>1266707

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AuobbShXKI
>>
>>1266714
>Netflix
Shit tier.
>>
>>1266713

Do you mean just like Americans are "I am German guys! I swear!"
>>
>>1266731
Yeah pretty much.

They're more or less the hispanic version of 'I'm 1/32 Cherokee'.
>>
>>1266731
>father is descended from German settlers who never interbred with other kinds of people
So is he German or not?
>>
>>1266707
There is.
Saw it on french TV when I was a kid, not that bad i'd say.

Kubrick, why did you die that early...
>>
>>1266764
Does he have any cultural connection with Germany or speak German?

If not, then no. There's more to nationality than blood.
>>
>>1266707
>whatisimdb
>>
>>1266707
Sadly, Kubrick didn't get the greenlight.
>>
>>1266721
>>1266787
>>1266871

I should have been clearer; I know there have been a few miniseries biographies and movies based around particular parts of his life, but I meant some A-list massive budget oscar bait type.
>>
File: 1538.jpg (244 KB, 1224x886) Image search: [Google]
1538.jpg
244 KB, 1224x886
As guests arrived to look round, the poet Dylan Thomas offered them teacups full of boiled string, asking: “Do you like it weak or strong?”

Dalí’s idea was to give a lecture while wearing a diving suit.. For good measure, he held two dogs on leads in one hand, and had a billiard cue in the other. During the course of the lecture, however, it became apparent that he was slowly suffocating inside his helmet, and it had to be prised off with the billiard cue. Dalí recovered and went on to finish his presentation with a slide show. The slides, it almost goes without saying, were presented upside down.

The show mesmerised the press and captivated the public: 30,000 people visited during its brief, three-week run. And for all its eccentricities, its architects were deadly serious about surrealism and its ambitions. “Do not judge this movement kindly,” wrote Herbert Read, one of the organisers, in the catalogue. “It is not just another amusing stunt. It is defiant – the desperate act of men too profoundly convinced of the rottenness of our civilisation to want to save a shred of its respectability.” So far, artists had only interpreted the world, he said, “the point, however, is to transform it”.
>>
File: marxtomb.jpg (209 KB, 781x1041) Image search: [Google]
marxtomb.jpg
209 KB, 781x1041
>>1266906
>artists had only interpreted the world, he said, “the point, however, is to transform it
fuggen commies

yes, we all know the world is full of shit, all the more reason to gain respite from it in art and beauty, start making beautiful inspired art again you talentless shits
>>
>>1266917
>fuggen commies

Herbert Read was an anarchist, you dumb shit.
>>
>>1266707
>>1266891
nigga, lurk more...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffeOvwBYkf4
>>
>>1266356
>>1266446
Due to the racial and cultural aspect, you just know the movie would be shitfest. I'd like to see something along of TWBB, but you can't make that because such things don't appeal to most people, and they want a dramatic moral angle to it. Such a movie would never be allowed, today.
>>
>>1266723
What do you want?
>TV
>lowest common denominator, made ofr normal people
>HBO
>Hernan has a gay romance side story for no reason whatsoever and there's a bondage scene between him and the Aztec Emperor
>They cut the series short mid-season for budget issues

Atleast Netflix can make series' free of convention, and actually keep it up until people just stop watching.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BISEef-XWDE
>>
>>1266932
You think so? There's plenty of amoral historical pieces that have been well received. Boardwalk Empire, or There Will be Blood for example.
>>
>>1266322
>mass murderer in recorded world history.
Nah, it were the guys who dropped a-bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
>>
>>1266964
Yeah, that's not an easy bait for cis-het Christian white men vs. noble native peoples, is it? This would be, so it would be corrupted. Not the proper angle of "they were an oppressive empire, we were an oppressive empire with guns and a better immune system"

I like how the Spaniards were ice cold by the time the Inquisition and Reconquista had played out, making them well-prepared both in terms of skill and mindset, for the subjugation of the new world. It would all just turn into a soapbox, though.

>>1266310
That Spanish ship captain who washed up on Ireland after the defeat of The Armada. I forget his name but it was a pretty amazing, grim story, with a good ending.
>>
>>1266922
calling an anarchist a "commie" is completely reasonable, technically he is not a communist, but anarchists and communists are part of the same closely related group of ideologies and anarchists often quote directly from karl marx as Herbert Reed pretty much just did, alone it wouldn't prove anything but all together it is telling, if you expect people not to notice this then you're the dumb shit

it reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDVsprWRCQ
>>
I film about Majorian would be quite tragic, I think.
>>
Arminius
>>
File: haroldgodwinson.jpg (264 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
haroldgodwinson.jpg
264 KB, 1024x699
A accurate, realistic, comprehensive film biopic of Harold Godwinson's rise to power and wars with the other Harold and William the Conqueror would be lit af
>>
>>1266310
>ITT: historical persons and events that they should make a
They shouldn't, because it will always end up being an abysmal horribly compressed plot with invented romances, excessive sex scenes just to attract simpletons, and exaggerated characters with ridiculous leather gimp armours and everyone being dirty with mud on their faces
>>
File: cesareborgia.jpg (9 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
cesareborgia.jpg
9 KB, 203x248
A movie about Cesare Borgia rightfully depicting him as a tragic hero, instead of listening to the memes of the butthurt cardinals who portray him as the Devil, say he fucked Lucrezia etc.
>>
File: walton goggins.jpg (947 KB, 1364x1859) Image search: [Google]
walton goggins.jpg
947 KB, 1364x1859
>>1266310
This guy could play him
>>
File: Baron.jpg (1 MB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
Baron.jpg
1 MB, 1400x900
>>1266310
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>1266932
To be fair the Aztecs were probably worse than the Spanish. There is a reason Cortes had no trouble finding native allies.
>>
>>1266395
lel
>>
Cortes's journey from landing to Tenochtitlan
That German ship that traveled almost all over the world in WWI
Courland Pocket
Polish charge at Vienna
El Cid
Some Peninsular War shit.
>>
>>1266970
>Each B-29 had a crew of 11
>22 people took part in the two missions combined
>Nukes killed up to 166k people
>Each person only killed about 7.5k people
>>
>>1269736
>grandma had a picture from one of the planes signed by the pilot
>cousin inherited it
Fuck. I could've had a piece of history.
>>
>>1266310
What happened to the Baron's wife?

Dude got married to a chink princess a year before his death, but it seems like her fate is unknown. Did he knock her up before getting killed? Could there be an heir to the Sternberg throne alive today somewhere?
>>
>>1269858
It's Putin. Notice how his supposed "parents" both died immediately before his rise to power, and nobody can quite figure out how he went from an insignificant KGB agent to a dictator?
>>
>>1270013
>Dictator
*tips fedora*
>>
File: Aurelian.jpg (34 KB, 229x216) Image search: [Google]
Aurelian.jpg
34 KB, 229x216
Obligatory
>>
File: file.png (189 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
file.png
189 KB, 400x511
The Warlord Era

From the Fall of the Qing to the rise of Yuan Shikai, his death, the wars between the cliques, Sun Yat-Sen Struggle, Chiang Kai-shek's rise and ending with the "unification" of china.

Cliffhanger is Mao Zedong entering the scene.
>>
>>1266310
Niklot,The Wendish Crusade and Jan Žižka,Hussite Wars.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 900x600
>>1266356
>>1266412
>>1266446
>>1266697
>>1266698
>>1266705
>>1266714
There is a spanish movie being filmed about conquistadors and the Balboa-Lope de Aguirre expedition, called "oro"
>>
>>1269736
But only one guy in the crew who pushes the button. Executioner also doesn't do all things alone. There are those who accuse, charge, arrest, guard, prosecute, judge, decline appeal for pardon, prepare prisoner for execution.
>>
File: cortez-azteces.jpg (224 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
cortez-azteces.jpg
224 KB, 1200x1200
>>1266356
Just imagine this in cinema
>>
>>
File: Rumi.jpg (486 KB, 1137x1122) Image search: [Google]
Rumi.jpg
486 KB, 1137x1122
>>
>>1266970
Sure is summer alright
>>
File: duchesse.png (420 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
duchesse.png
420 KB, 500x442
The daughter of Marie Antoinette, aka only member of the immediate family to live through the revolution, is bizarrely ignored in film except for appearing as a child in Marie Antoinette movies.

>witnesses the violence of the early revolution
>Imprisoned as a teenager, ended up alone after her father, brother, mother and aunt were taken away, was continually harassed by guards who threatened her life
>Doesn't speak for about a year until the fall of Robespierre relaxed her imprisonment and she was finally given a companion
>Finds out that her entire family is dead
>Is exchanged for prisoners of war to Austria and is put under unofficial house arrest in a palace by her Austrian relatives who want to marry her to one of their own for political reasons
>Pushes until she is finally released to her French relatives
>ends up going from country to country in exile with her remaining relatives, watches more of her family die, stays at the bedside of the priest who attended her father
>returns to France after first fall of Napoleon
>is the only member of the royal family to stand her ground when he re-invades and for that was called "the only man in her family" by Napoleon
>returns to France after the second fall of Napoleon and exhibits bizarre PTSD-like behavior which causes her to be disliked
>only member of her family who tries to persuade Charles X not to abdicate in 1830
>exiled again
>doesn't do much for her remaining years but give to charity, make snarky remarks about the fall of Louis-Philippe, and dies after being unable to go to church on her mother's death anniversary
>>
>>1266707
Dude they made one in San Dimas, it was great
>>
File: 3059.jpg (240 KB, 1225x735) Image search: [Google]
3059.jpg
240 KB, 1225x735
The Bloomsbury movement

named from the then down-at-heel area in central London, where their evening salons were held

Fame Comes, in a famous joke attributed to Dorothy Parker, from their habit of ‘painting in circles, living in squares and loving in triangles’.

Members Biographer Lytton Strachey, novelist Virginia Woolf, her husband essayist Leonard Woolf, her painter sister Vanessa Bell, Vanessa’s husband, art critic Clive Bell, art critic and painter Roger Fry, painter Duncan Grant, (also beloved of Strachey and the economist John Maynard Keynes), novelist EM Forster and literary journalist Desmond MacCarthy.
>>
File: Mannerheim.jpg (146 KB, 429x654) Image search: [Google]
Mannerheim.jpg
146 KB, 429x654
This lad here had a life filled with adventure
>>
File: Karl_XII_1706.jpg (14 KB, 210x305) Image search: [Google]
Karl_XII_1706.jpg
14 KB, 210x305
>>
File: 1460218268229.jpg (78 KB, 355x356) Image search: [Google]
1460218268229.jpg
78 KB, 355x356
>>
File: ARTS-Brooke-filer-009.jpg (212 KB, 1225x735) Image search: [Google]
ARTS-Brooke-filer-009.jpg
212 KB, 1225x735
The Brooke myth begins with his premature death – coincidentally, on Shakespeare’s birthday in April 1915. When the 27-year-old author of “If I should die, think only this of me” eerily fulfilled his own epitaph and succumbed to septicaemia as he waited to join the invasion of the Dardanelles, the poet was made a Byronic figure of enchantment. He became the golden boy of Edwardian England whose life had been cut short “at the moment when it seemed to have reached its springtime”, wrote Winston Churchill in the first obituary.

Others knew a spoilt, intense and disturbed young man who once confessed that “my subconscious is angry with every dreary young woman I meet, if she doesn’t fall in love with me: and my consciousness is furious with her if she does”. On top of his repressed sexual identity, there was Brooke’s near-reactionary conservatism. He was enraged by the suffragette movement and troubled by the idea of women having equal rights.

None of this seems to have discouraged platoons of young women (and men) from falling for his boyish ebullience, animal magnetism and romantic good looks, drawn to a radiance that scorched those who flew too close.
>>
File: Ernst Jünger.jpg (29 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Ernst Jünger.jpg
29 KB, 540x360
>>1266310
pic related is most based man to live in 20th century
>>
File: Marshal of finland.jpg (42 KB, 634x356) Image search: [Google]
Marshal of finland.jpg
42 KB, 634x356
>>1275756
there is allready a movie about him
>>
File: Marhals of France.jpg (142 KB, 1020x725) Image search: [Google]
Marhals of France.jpg
142 KB, 1020x725
Michel Ney, to fulfill my frogfag ambitions.

>Michel Ney (French pronunciation: [miʃɛl ˈnɛ]), 1st Duc d'Elchingen, 1st Prince de la Moskowa (10 January 1769 – 10 December 1815), popularly known as Marshal Ney, was a French soldier and military commander during the French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars. He was one of the original 18 Marshals of the Empire created by Napoleon. He was known as Le Rougeaud ("red faced" or "ruddy")[1] by his men and nicknamed le Brave des Braves ("the bravest of the brave") by Napoleon.

>During the retreat from Moscow, Ney commanded the rearguard (and was anecdotally known as "the last Frenchman on Russian soil" because of it). After being cut off from the main army, Ney managed to rejoin it, which delighted Napoleon.[4] For this action Ney was given the nickname "the bravest of the brave" by Napoleon.[4] Ney fought at Beresina and helped hold the vital bridge at Kovno (modern-day Kaunas), where legend portrays Ney as the last of the invaders to cross the bridge and exit Russia.[4]

>When he heard of Napoleon's return to France, Ney, determined to keep France at peace and to show his loyalty to Louis XVIII, organized a force to stop Napoleon's march on Paris. Ney also pledged to bring Napoleon back alive in an iron cage. Napoleon, aware of Ney's plans, sent him a letter which said, in part, "I shall receive you as I did after the Battle of the Moskowa".[6] Despite Ney’s promise to the King, he joined Napoleon at Auxerre on 18 March 1815.

>At Waterloo Ney again commanded the left wing of the army. At around 3:30 p.m., Ney ordered a mass cavalry charge against the Anglo-Allied line. Ney's cavalry overran the enemy cannons, but found the infantry formed in cavalry-proof square formations. Ney, without infantry or artillery support, failed to break the squares. The action earned Ney criticism, and some argue that it led to Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo.[7]

Poor Ney. I cry for him every night.
>>
File: Maréchal.jpg (109 KB, 600x498) Image search: [Google]
Maréchal.jpg
109 KB, 600x498
>>1276641
>When Napoleon was defeated, dethroned, and exiled for the second time in the summer of 1815, Ney was arrested (on 3 August 1815). After a court-martial declared itself incompetent (November), he was tried (4 December 1815) for treason by the Chamber of Peers. In order to save Ney's life, his lawyer Dupin declared that Ney was now Prussian and could not be judged by a French court for treason as Ney's hometown of Sarrelouis had been annexed by Prussia according to the Treaty of Paris of 1815. Ney ruined his lawyer's effort by interrupting him and stating: "I am French and I will remain French".[16] On 6 December 1815, he was condemned, and executed by firing squad in Paris near the Luxembourg Garden on 10 December 1815, an event that deeply divided the French public. He refused to wear a blindfold and was allowed the right to give the order to fire, reportedly saying:

"Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire!"[17]
>>
>>1266310
Calvin
Constantin
Cyrus
Darius
Godefrey of Bouillon
Julian the Apostate
Saint Louis
Zoroaster
>>
>>1276643
damn
>>
>>1276643
Ney escaped and lived in North Carolina and worked as a school teacher for several decades
>>
>>1276682
His life was pretty gud. Never a man to falter in his duty.

>>1276693
Now that you refer to that, it's true that some other anon conjured this site 'http://militaryhistorynow.com/2012/11/29/did-napoleons-most-feared-marshal-end-his-days-as-an-american-high-school-teacher/) yesterday while I was petitioning on /tv/ that there should be a movie about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7XBWbi9AA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acjZzWoWJ9I
>>
>>1276703
I remember seeing a short on TCM about Neys life that focused on him hypothetically being in North Carolina.
>>
>>1266310
Yeah that would never get made in our libtard society.
>>
File: cultural revolution.jpg (75 KB, 588x768) Image search: [Google]
cultural revolution.jpg
75 KB, 588x768
The Cultural Revolution.

There is plenty of autobiographies to adapt from, but it will probably never be made because it would be too far close to home for most Hollywood Jews and SJWs. There is no way they can depict Maoists in a way for them to stand in as right-wing fanatics instead of the good communists they were.
>>
File: GustavusAdolphus.jpg (81 KB, 440x600) Image search: [Google]
GustavusAdolphus.jpg
81 KB, 440x600
>>1266310
>>1266356
>>1273506
>>1276052
>>1277263
These should really be made into movies.

His daughter is getting a movie called the Girl King because apparently she's a tomboy.
How is it there haven't been a movie made about her dad, is there one out there I don't know about?

Pic related
>>
File: Takamori_Saigo.png (70 KB, 220x321) Image search: [Google]
Takamori_Saigo.png
70 KB, 220x321
Saigo Takamori and the satsuma rebellion
>>
>>1277301
Too bad the Last Samurai will ruin any movie about Samurai Rebellions.
>>
>>1277263
Ironically the Chinese have made movies on how bad the cultural revo was.

Look up "To Live" by Zhang Yimou.
>>
>>1270203
This would work better as a Miniseries.
>>
>>1272540
Geralt is that you?
>>
>>1269629
>El Cid
Alredy exists
>>
File: la maupin.jpg (41 KB, 258x345) Image search: [Google]
la maupin.jpg
41 KB, 258x345
>>1266310
Julie d'Aubigny, the infamously hedonistic bisexual duelist and opera singer.

Get Eva Green for the role and censor absolutely nothing about the character's lewd/violent exploits.
>>
>>1277848
Damn. Someone who was hedonistic and bisexual but not afraid to fight, that's dope as hell
>>
File: CantGrockTheGracchi.jpg (3 MB, 2894x1964) Image search: [Google]
CantGrockTheGracchi.jpg
3 MB, 2894x1964
>>1266310
>>
>>1269629
A movie about El Cid today would be seen as offensive and racist against our peacefull refugee friends
>>
>>1266310
I would love to see a SECULAR, UNBIASED biopic of Muhammed, but that would never happen, and if it did... Je Suis Film Studio.

Also, Belisaurius.
>>
>>1277889
After Trump wins, expect a bunch of movies about El Cid, Charles Martel, etc.
>>
>>1277889

Stop whining and go to the cinema sometimes.
>>
File: diogenes.jpg (65 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
diogenes.jpg
65 KB, 500x453
>>1266884
Because Waterloo failed at the box office and the greedy studios noticed that the dumb plebs were more interested in Star Wars and Jaws than in historical thinkpieces.

Also a historical dark comedy about Diogenes would be nice.

Imagine Frank from Always Sunny, but as a philosopher in a high budget film.
>>
>>1271925
>jinnitus.jpg
>>
File: cagayan battles.jpg (46 KB, 323x348) Image search: [Google]
cagayan battles.jpg
46 KB, 323x348
>>1266310
The 1582 Cagayan battles were a series of clashes between the Spanish colonizers of the Philippines led by Captain Juan Pablo de Carrión, and Wokou (possibly Japanese pirates) headed by Tay Fusa. These battles, which took place in the vicinity of the Cagayan River, finally resulted in a Spanish victory.

This event was the only recorded battle between European regular soldiers against samurai warriors. This unique event pitted musketeers, pikemen and Spanish rodeleros against Japanese and Chinese merchants (both legitimate and smugglers), fishermen, rōnin, and soldiers.[1] Spanish sources record the name of their leader as Tay Fusa, Tayfusu or Tayfuzu. This does not correspond to a Japanese name, but could refer to a medieval chieftain (大夫), called Dàfū in Chinese or Taifu in Japanese.[2] The pirates had 18 Sampans which are flat bottomed Chinese fishing wooden boat. The word "sampan" comes from the original Hokkien term for the boats, 三板 (sam pan), literally meaning "three planks" in their Chinese dialects.[3]
>>
They should first do a research on how Anastasia Nikolaevna managed to survive and an overall movie of her life after in Italy, though i'm not entirely sure she stayed there her whole lifetime.
>>
>>1266717
>They were begging for separatism with their snootiness really.
>kept most of the americas for almost 300 years

It clearly worked well in any situation that didn't involve Spain being completely overrun and in state on anarchy.
>>
>>1277309
Why? Last Samurai was good.
>>
>>1268881
Jesus Christ good eye,that actor has always been so unsetling to me.
>>
Some good shit about Spanish civil war. It can be some cliche story about two brothers on the opposing sides, with some nice battles and good effects.
>>
Calvin Coolidge
>>
>>1266310
Cannae
>>
>2 of the greatest scientific minds in paleontology
>start out as friends
>begin to screw each other over
>one of them fucks up a skeleton
>other published a paper on how the other fucked up the skeleton
>shitjustgotreal.gif
>they then want to destroy each other
>begin the bone wars
>discovery, sabotage, adventure
>bring dinosaurs to the masses as a result
>bring massive advances in the name of paleontology
>both die having destroyed each other financial and socially

Think the space race but for dinosaurs
>>
Frederick II or Alexios.
GOAT lads
>>
File: coeur de lion.jpg (13 KB, 259x393) Image search: [Google]
coeur de lion.jpg
13 KB, 259x393
This based French cunt
>>
File: sad french.png (7 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
sad french.png
7 KB, 275x275
>>1276643
>I am French and I will remain French

Hell, that's beautiful
>>
>>1277917
They should just do it with the ASiP cast. It would be perfect.
>>
>>1266395
It would be great
>>
>>1266970
A legitimate act of warfare vs politically motivated and supported murder.
>>
>>1266326
that would be a great mini-series to be honest.
>>
File: barbarians.png (596 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
barbarians.png
596 KB, 500x680
-Teutoberg
-Catalaunian Planes
>>
File: DRAKE.jpg (91 KB, 777x1060) Image search: [Google]
DRAKE.jpg
91 KB, 777x1060
>Forbes 2nd top-earning pirate
>Badass nickname "El Draque" (The Dragon)
>Circumnavigated the world for fun in 1577
>Inaugurated an entire era of piracy in the Pacific
>Beat the armada by literally setting his own ships on fire and floating them towards the Spanish
>Had a bounty of $6.5 million on his life
>Captured the equivalent of $126.4 million worth of Spanish treasure

He fucked Spain's shit up so bad they sent the largest naval force of that era to stop him, only so he could fuck that up as well

An action-adventure trilogy about him would be comfy as shit
>>
File: Lasalle.jpg (156 KB, 519x744) Image search: [Google]
Lasalle.jpg
156 KB, 519x744
>>
File: Maximilian_von_Spee_2.jpg (47 KB, 487x671) Image search: [Google]
Maximilian_von_Spee_2.jpg
47 KB, 487x671
Hi voyage from china towards europe, ending with his death near the falklands
>>
>>1282618
Fucking this, he is criminally underrated.

>tfw was born literally just up the road from where he was
>>
>>1269629
Polish charge at Vienna already exists.
>the day of the siege
>>
>>1277291
>His daughter is getting a movie called the Girl King because apparently she's a tomboy.

The Girl King is already out! I haven't watched it yet though.
>>
File: 1465522426152.jpg (15 KB, 284x300) Image search: [Google]
1465522426152.jpg
15 KB, 284x300
>>1266310
siege of carthage

>no not that shitty history 'documentary' that distorts truth for shitty diversity
>>
The Czechoslovak Legion and their journey across Siberia just so they could go back home

An Otto Skorzeny biopic

Something about Japanese holdouts
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.