[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>kesselring >macarthur >rommel >patton >gorbachev
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
>kesselring
>macarthur
>rommel
>patton
>gorbachev
Who would win in a street fight?
>>
>>1265442

As much as I hate to say it, probably Patton. He actually did have dedicated hand to hand combat training as part of his stint in the cavalry, and as far as I know, none of the others did, although I could easily be wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 250x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 250x359
>another player has entered the game

This guy, he has a mouth full of metal teeth, after being torutered by the NKVD and was a key figure in the Russians winning Stalingrad. Plus he just looks like a bear, man.
>>
>>1265442
Rommel managed to stay high fit throughout his life, depends which year you're taking him from.
>>
>>1265453
Rommel was a fucking stormtrooper.
>>
>>1267437

No, he was mountain infantry.
>>
>>1267442
Even worse.
>>
>>1267442
still today, mountain infantry is the most highly regarded regiment (excluding special forces of course).
Rommel probably was too righteous to win, he'd never use a kick to the groin and therefore strips himself of the best tactics in a street fight.
Ill therefore go with Patton, the guy had guts and was quite practical.
>>
>>1265526
This.
Even if we ignore what he did with what he had (fucking staying in Stalingrad when the oil tanks near his hq was nothing but flames and the enemy was litteraly a few blocks away).
The dude had on multiple occasions stared death in the face, and laughed.
After fighting in ww1, the Russian civil war, and ww2.
Pretty sure he'd walk away with Patton's cigars and Rommels lighter to go tell Stalin "All too easy comrade"
>>
>>1265442
Kesselring. The guy was put in a bad situation but still made it through a lot better then others would've.
>>
>>1267489
>>1267453

I don't mean to imply that MTN inf aren't good soldiers, but they don't practice hand to hand fighting the way that people who do more close in assaults do. The bulk of their specialized training is in mountaineering and ability to move under fire at extreme ranges.

It's not stuff that I would think would be all that handy in a street fight.
>>
>>1265526

>Chuikov

Fucking A.

Patton would give him a run for his money, though.
>>
File: genny zuk.jpg (273 KB, 719x1024) Image search: [Google]
genny zuk.jpg
273 KB, 719x1024
And lets not forget the end-boss battle
>>
>>1267489
>mountain infantry is the most highly regarded regiment
In what military?
>>
>>1269115
The Swiss military.
>>
>>1265442
This reminds me of that super-violent comic series in which WWII was fought by super-enhanced Humans who can bend reality with "distortion waves."

Patton became one of them.
>>
I'd go Patton.
>>
>>1265442
Rommel charged three French soldiers after running out of ammo with only a bayonet. He killed them all despite getting a bullet hole in his thigh the size of a fist.
>>
Rommel for sure, Patton would be smack talking him for hours going off about how he's a superior general and how he read Rommel's book so he understands Rommel perfectly and how Patton is #1 general in the world, simply unmatched in offensive operations and how Patton never have complete logistical and air superiority and Rommel would just get sick of it and punch him in the face for a KO.
>>
>>1269215
That is their entire military lol
>>
Walter Model comes in builds a series of trenches and beats all of them.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.