[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stop saying Polish charged German tanks on horseback during the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1403214249927.gif (1 MB, 828x828) Image search: [Google]
1403214249927.gif
1 MB, 828x828
Stop saying Polish charged German tanks on horseback during the invasion of Poland. That never happened. Cavalry units in WWII were for moving to point A to point B quickly and they rarely engaged the enemy on horseback. Cavalry charges happened sometimes but were very opportunistic and rarely used.

The Polish cavalry charge during the battle of Poland was actually successful. Polish cavalry charged a German infantry regiment and routed them.
>>
t. polak
>>
>>1262485
t. polack
>>
>>1262485
I will soon become an history teacher and I will tell the kids that Poland was defeated thanks to the classic mistake of not doing a single intelligent thing and charging against tanks with cavalry spearmen.
>>
>>1262536
Godspeed, anon
>>
>>1262485
Oh good, I needed someone to clean my toilets.
>>
>>1262485
t. polack
>>
>>1262485
t. polaco
>>
>>1262536
This. I will never be a history teacher but I will tell my kids the same.
>>
>>1262485
Polish Death Camps - never forget!
>>
>>1262485
Great grandpa on moms side was in the cavalry. Actually kept fighting after the fall of Poland untill Russians captured his unit abd sent them to a work camp somewhere in the east. He escaped eventually and was hiding from the military police until his death.
>>
>>1262485

But its superefective:
>September 1 - Battle of Mokra - 19th Volhynian Uhlan Regiment took by surprise the elements of German 4th Panzer Division, which retreated in panic.[5][8]
>>
>>1262485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64WBNa6Jl0w
>>
>>1262485
t. polnische schweine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3zyDDAQSY
>>
>>1264544
>testoviron

if you know him you're a fucking polshit yourself wykopku
>>
>>1264580
>wykop
kek
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.