[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Stalin do anything wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: stalin.jpg (229 KB, 734x970) Image search: [Google]
stalin.jpg
229 KB, 734x970
Did Stalin do anything wrong?
>>
Did he do anything right?
>>
>>1262432
Beat the nazi's, that aint too shabby
>>
>>1262423
He died before establishing a global communist state
>>1262432
Everything
>>
>>1262449
Hardly
>>
He achieved all he set out to do.
So I guess he did most things right.
But he ruined communism and now we have to wait until robots and cheap energy are perfected before we can be free and equals.
So he did some very wrong things.

But I wonder if he felt lonely.
>>
>>1262449
>implying that was the right thing to do
>>
He cucked hitler on an unprecedented scale, which was pretty cool
>>
>>1262483
>implying Stalin is the one who should take full credit of that
>>
>>1262449
Yep, with all those tanks, vehicles, guns, ammo, artillery, food, and medical supplies sent by the US. Beating starvation ain't too shabby.
>>
>>1262540
lmao @ u deluded yankee
>>
>>1262423

He successfully modernized a third world backwater shithole to the second most powerful state on earth, and this time Russia wasn't a hollow bear/paper tiger.
>>
The only thing he did wrong was not spending enough time to tailor a good successor that wouldn't have tried to undo his work and cause an ideological split within the Communist bloc.
>>
>>1262510

Of course.

He fought for the future, destroyed the invader and brought for his homeland the laurels of fame. His glory will live in the memory of nations and all generations will honor his name.
>>
File: ss.png (13 KB, 447x337) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
13 KB, 447x337
>>1262559
Really I thought it was a fact.
>>
>>1262680
>5200 tanks
>many

First check out numbers in this article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_combat_vehicle_production_during_World_War_II
>>
>>1263030

Those figures don't suggest 5,218 tanks was an insignificant contribution.
>>
>>1263075
You were implying that Lend Lease won the war.
>>
>>1263121

I'm pretty sure the anon that posted this >>1262680 i.e. purely the British contribution to the Soviets wasn't suggesting that the American Lend Lease program won the war on its own.

Maybe you should slow down a bit on what you think people are "implying".
>>
>>1262423
He killed millions of communists, that's great
>>
>>1262449
lol no

The soviets were going absolutely nowhere without foreign aid and 40% of the german military and 75% of the airforce focused elsewhere in 1943.
>>
>>1263221

Germany was already doomed by 1943
>>
>>1263230
Yeah, because they were at war with the 3 major powers of the day and had their armies split over multiple fronts.

The soviets on their own by contrast are not capable of the massive mobile counter offensives they conducted in the summer of 1943 without foreign aid and said offensives would have also failed if they had to face another 20 or 30 % of the german army and 75% of the german airforce instead of the 25% that was deployed against them at the time.
>>
File: 1458250763687.jpg (259 KB, 469x555) Image search: [Google]
1458250763687.jpg
259 KB, 469x555
>>1262450
This. We walk in your giant footsteps, comrade.
>>
>>1262423
>Did Stalin do anything wrong

Yeah, killing 20 million people instead of himself. But lets all focus on those NATZEEs. Muh Communism is Great!
>>
Daily reminder that anarcho-communism and trotskyism and basically all branches of communism are crypto stalinism.
>>
>>1262450

>global communist state

I think the Soviet Union was bad enough m8
>>
>>1263381
No one buys it, Hans.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.