[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me that God and Jesus are real, and that their messages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 17
File: proofgodexists.jpg (56 KB, 960x632) Image search: [Google]
proofgodexists.jpg
56 KB, 960x632
Prove to me that God and Jesus are real, and that their messages are to be heard and their orders obeyed.

HARD MODE: No >muh book told me so
>>
another autist who can't into the spirit behind the law

fuck off already nigger
>>
>>1259480
didn't prove anything
>>
>>1259476
Suppose that Jesus wasn't real. Then who would save you from Satan in that case?
>>
>>1259476
Anti-religious bait threads are just as cancerous as religious bait threads.

>>1259491
Spider-Man.
>>
>>1259491
This assumes that Satan is real and that I will be punished for all eternity if I don't adhere to certain rules and laws
>>
>>1259476

Do you think God is a math problem?
>>
>>1259500
Spider-Man barely can stop Dormammu who isn't even in the same tier as Satan.
>>
>>1259504
So it's not as black and white as
>Either God exists or he doesn't
Is there a middle ground where he does and does not exist?
>>
>>1259500
Last i heard spider man sold his soul to satan to save his aunts life.
>>
>>1259508
>>1259514
I don't read capenovels, so I wouldn't know.
>>
How do we know Spider man isn't Real... Check Mate
>>
>>1259511
There's evidence to believe, and there's evidence to not believe, finely balanced as though on a razor's edge.
>>
So... Jesus is Spider-Man or what? Did he got bitten by radioactive God and acquire all of his powers from that?
>>
>>1259501
Is there a probability associated with that outcome?
>>
>>1259476
Only retards deny the existence of Jesus. The only thing debated about is his divinity.
>>
>>1259558
What are other alternatives? How he was able to stay alive after cross if he wasn't divine?
>>
>>1259544
He was bitten by god and is god. Radioactivity is also god
>>
>>1259558
>The only thing debated about is his divinity.

The historical Jesus and the mythical Christ are completely different characters, in case that eluded you.

Christ did not exist; however, it is possible a preacher named Jesus did exist, who gathered some number of followers and had miracles and supernatural abilities attributed to him after he died.
>>
>>1259571
The muslims think it was a trick; that they switched bodies and someone else died on the cross, and then they stole and hid the body.

The Jews say that Jesus' followers bribed the guard to move the stone and lay down on the job, allowing the disciples to steal the body.

As the first hypothesis was 600 years after the fact, and has no basis in reality, and as the second is actually recorded in the bible, the same place that asserts the resurrection, both claims are weak.

People don't go to their deaths based on a lie they themselves perpetrated.

No body was ever found.

And hundreds of witnesses in Jerusalem saw Jesus after the resurrection. Maybe thousands. There is no written record of anyone disparaging the gospel account of the resurrection, and they were written in the lifetime of the eyewitnesses.
>>
>>1259590
You are in for a shock when you find out it's all real.
>>
>>1259599
>People don't go to their deaths based on a lie they themselves perpetrated.
You're pretty well educated

>And hundreds of witnesses in Jerusalem saw Jesus after the resurrection. Maybe thousands. There is no written record of anyone disparaging the gospel account of the resurrection, and they were written in the lifetime of the eyewitnesses

so basically just "because the Bible says because the Bible says because the Bible says"
>>
>>1259599
Another very interesting theory jews give for jesus was that he did perform all hid miracles, but that he god his power either from baalzebub or, that he was a rabi who took the name of god with him from the temple, thus knowing the name of god and being able to perform miracles
>>
File: wired.jpg (13 KB, 438x300) Image search: [Google]
wired.jpg
13 KB, 438x300
>>1259603
Sorry, I don't put my stock in or structure my life around the myths of bored tribals or the fan-fictions written by imaginative Greeks and badly put together by repressed and frustrated individuals and the schizophrenics.
>>
File: Marshall_Applewhite.jpg (32 KB, 512x386) Image search: [Google]
Marshall_Applewhite.jpg
32 KB, 512x386
>>1259599
lel
>>
>>1259599
>>1259628
I saw an interview with a follower of David Koresh in prison and she STILL believed he was the messiah. Even though he was executed by the government. Imagine that!
>>
>>1259638
wow that so epic i forgot to XDDD
>>
>>1259634
Jesus*
He*
His*
He*
got*
He*
God*
Him*
God*
Blasphemous phone and big thumbs caused this
>>
File: heaven's gate.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
heaven's gate.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>1259599

You're not very intelligent, or even well-versed in history. People have died and gone through torture for the shit they themselves came up.

Notable examples include:
-Waco Siege
-Heaven's Gate
-Jonestown
-That Chinese man who insisted he was the brother of Jesus and caused one of the bloodiest wars in history
>>
>>1259634
Well, you can't really deny that but it was even more crazy idea than a regular one.
>>
>>1259628
The bible is trustworthy, as God is trustworthy.

You have to trust someone in life.
>>
>>1259651
The sad part is that you believe it. Pathetic.

You have no room to disparage any other religion's odd or strange beliefs when yours is itself nothing but superstitious and nonsensical garbage.
>>
>>1259638
If you do not build your life on the Rock, you build it on shifting sands.

Pray it never rains.
>>
>>1259476
Never heard anyone claim the bible was proof of a God, other than atheists like yourself. Never heard anyone claim spider-man was written for anything other than an entertaining story (even the authors suggest it!) so there's no real valid comparison to how they should be examined from a historical perspective. If the author was claiming spider-man was real, along with a significant number of new yorkers also joining in with the comic it might be different.
>>
>>1259652
Actually... Is there any quote from Holy Book where it says that god and jesus names should be capitalized?
>>
>>1259476
Spider-man doesn't allow me to feel holier than thou and to think I will be alive after I die.
Therefore spider man isn't real and Jesus is, even though there is no evidence for one or the other.
>>
>>1259640
I believe it was revealed to him by a demon that he mistook for an alien.
>>
>>1259649
Er, the messiah was also executed by the government.
>>
>>1259656
>You have to trust someone in life.
I trust myself. To independently evaluate evidence in an unbiased manner and come to my own conclusions. If you want to believe in Jesus as God feel free, I just don't think it's a very good conclusion to come to based on what we know about the bible.
>>
File: z8mSABC.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
z8mSABC.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>1259656
> You have to trust someone in life.
>>
>>1259654
Inb4 hong actually was the younger brother of jesus
>>
>>1259660
> Never heard anyone claim the bible was proof of a God
Just read... I don't know. This thread. :^)
>>
>>1259672
If you believe in Jesus how you can't believe in his brother? Doesn't seems to be logical for me.
>>
>>1259654
I don't think you differentiate between sane people making up lies and delusional people hearing voices, so no.

The cult leader at Waco did what all cult leaders do; make young people accessible to have sex with.

The Heaven's Gate person was lied to by demons.

You have not provided one single solitary sane person who made up a lie and defended it to his death, with his last breath, while being murdered.

It's not very common.
>>
>>1259668
>Er, the messiah was also executed by the government.
That was the point, bud.

Christians tend to think the death and resurrection of Jesus is the only possible reason anybody would still believe in him as God, therefore it must have happened and those people really saw it.

I was merely giving a contemporary counter example to the contrary.
>>
>>1259662
I don't think so, but i guess it's respectful, and it has been done for a long time
>>
>>1259662
Yes, in Strunk & Wagnell's.
>>
>>1259674
>obvious troll who wouldn't be using the internet if he was serious
If you're dumb enough to believe this shitposter is anything other than a ruse master that's your own fault.
>>
>>1259656
>"You have to trust someone in life."
>choosing to trust some superstitious fools who lived 2000 years ago
>>
>>1259669
And given your limited knowledge of the afterlife, I find the person you trust in to be quite untrustworthy.
>>
File: image.png (66 KB, 208x155) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66 KB, 208x155
>>1259476
YO! Fuckface. Why don't you provide input instead of just asking some shitpost bait question? Are your mommy and fellow neckbeards proud of you for figuring out how to use the internet?
>>
>>1259679
You haven't demonstrated that Jesus was any different from these fellows.
>>
>>1259681
Without the resurrection.

Which is the entire ballgame.
>>
>>1259662
Questions this
Still does "Holy Book" with capitals
God and Jesus are more important than the book.
Also god isn't a name
>>
>>1259689
You literally believe a 2000 year old book is true because that same book tells you it's true.
>I'm the untrustworthy one
>>
>>1259697
He created the universes.

Puts Him in a class all His own.

He fulfilled 350+ prophecies of the Messiah; born of a virgin; led a sinless life; performed many miracles and wonders; healed the blind, deaf, mute, crippled, lepers; raised the dead; fed 10,000 people with a few loaves and fish; prophesied His own death, by whose hands, on what day, by what means, and then prophesied His own resurrection on the third day.

Jesus is God.
>>
>>1259705
I know that there is objective truth, and that objective truth can be known, yes.
>>
>>1259679
All you did was fantastic mental gymnastics to ignore 2 very real examples and also ignored Jonestown/Chinese Jesus bro.
>>
>>1259690
I have no input to give.
I don't see any reason to put faith into this particular belief system merely because a very old, and heavily edited book told me to.

So I'm waiting for an answer that will convince me, outside of the "he has risen/it is the word of God/etc."
>>
>>1259710
>He created the universes.

Prove it.

Literally none of that shit about prophecies is verified anywhere but the Bible, which was obviously written in such a manner to validate claims of him being a messiah.
>>
>>1259710
> universes
What is other universe that he created? Some parallel dimension or what?
>>
>>1259702
> Still does "Holy Book" with capitals
I don't like lowcase h and b to Be Honest. They look autistic.
>>
>>1259739
>What is other universe that he created? Some parallel dimension or what?
Christians are already preparing the back pedaling explanation in case physicists prove other universes exist
>>
>>1259748
There are Christian physicists that accept the idea of a multi-verse
It's not something that has any bearing on Christianity's validity
>>
>>1259746
THey*
At least be consistent in your compulsive disorder
>>
To be fair Peter Parker is just a self-insert by Steve Ditko that got way out of hand.
>>
>>1259757
>It's not something that has any bearing on Christianity's validity
The beginning of the universe has a ton of bearing on christianity as Christians believe their God did it and all scientific indications so far seem to indicate it could happen completely on its own.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x309
>>1259476 >>1259721
You ARE NOT waiting for an answer, because you, like me, know there isn't one. You are just another piece of shit, wasting a thread on this board, posting mindless neckbeard bait for the fucking masses to argue about.
>>
>>1259757
> Christianity's validity
Bible doesn't say anything about other world being created by God so monotheism collapses from the fact that other world could be created by any other God and such. Problem vary from theory to theory but you got the main idea.
>>
>>1259785
The Bible said that God created all things so if there are other worlds God would be their creator.
>>
>>1259779
if you say so
I mean you know everything, right?
>>
>>1259785
>>1259778
>shitposting
>>
>>1259799
How is that shitposting?
>>
>>1259797
the fact you think someone's gonna post the right combination of words to make you go "EUREKA! I guess god does exist" betrays your terminal autism you dumb faggot
>>
>>1259778
>being this much of an autist

god is jst what we call the reason why it happens on its own you utter utter fucking sperg

god fucking DAMNIT you faggots are dense

i don't care if you share my beliefs or not but at least engage with them on a level a bit more advanced than fucking sunday school and ebin simpsons jokes XDD god fuck
>>
>>1259718
Neither were murdered by people demanding they recant their lies.

I don't know anything about the "Jesus bro" guy, but to say that all male Christians are Jesus' brother, and Jesus' biological brothers died 1900 years ago.
>>
File: Regression Pepe.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Regression Pepe.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>>1259806
He doesn't actually think that but you probably know that too I guess.
>>
>>1259793
There are many other implications. Like who would be in heaven if many-worlds interpretation is right? I wouldn't be so sure that there are no deep contradictions or at least interesting questions.
>>
>>1259729
Yes, Jesus managed to make sure His parents gave birth to Him in Bethlehem, and made sure His mother was a virgin at the time.

He can do that, because He is God.
>>
>>1259739
There's a third heaven where God and the angels live that can be called a parallel dimension, sure. It overlaps our two heavens and the earth at all points and at all times. People there can talk to people here, and at least one person saw a ladder from here to there being used by angels.
>>
>>1259824
People will see contradictions where they want to see them and there are always interesting questions.
>>
>>1259824
The people who use "other folds" don't understand that Jesus was referring to Hades/Sheol.

When Jesus died, He went to Hades, the paradise side (at least), aka the Bosom of Abraham, and led all of those people into heaven.

He descended, and ascended, setting the captives free.
>>
>>1259837
> can be called a parallel dimension,
> overlaps the earth at all points and at all times
That is exactly how concept of parallelism doesn't work. Parallel means minimized overlapping, even zero overlapping. Still an interesting question what exactly God created.
>>
>>1259866
Then it cannot be called parallelism.
>>
>>1259820
>god is jst what we call the reason why it happens on its own you utter utter fucking sperg
>god fucking DAMNIT you faggots are dense
>i don't care if you share my beliefs or not but at least engage with them on a level a bit more advanced than fucking sunday school and ebin simpsons jokes XDD god fuck
I'm a graduate student in physics you mongoloid. I understand the beginning of the universe pretty fucking well and coming and claiming "God did it" when we have anot extremely advanced knowledge of the physics going on is both retarded and autistic.

Dense asshole.

>>1259821
>Neither were murdered by people demanding they recant their lies.
Neither was Jesus in all likelihood. As soon as he caused the disturbance in the temple he was going to be executed. There were literally hundreds of Roman soldiers lining the walls of the temple just waiting for signs of trouble. Pilate had violently put down disturbances within the temple grounds in the past.

The story of Jesus trial and execution in the gospels is an absolute fairy tale that conflicts with everything we know about Pilate and the execution of Roman law.
>>
>>1259886
Yes, but it is just terminological nitpicking. How to define universe is the real question here.
>>
>>1259848
So when jesus """"died"""" and before daddy resurrected him, he only had to sit around and wait in the marginally unpleasant hell? As opposed to the shitty, fleshwrenching parts?

What here was sacrificed and lost in the sake of sin, again?
>>
>>1259538
>There's evidence to believe, and there's evidence to not believe, finely balanced as though on a razor's edge.

what do you think the word 'evidence' means?
>>
>>1259891
>I'm a graduate student in physics you mongoloid. I understand the beginning of the universe pretty fucking well and coming and claiming "God did it" when we have anot extremely advanced knowledge of the physics going on is both retarded and autistic.
>Dense asshole.

you retarded fuck

the mechanism that is responsible for reality is God

jesus christ it's the first line in my post you dipshit

god has always been the ultimate cause/nature of existence

just because you conceptualize it as formulas and cosmological models doesn't mean I can't call it god you fuck

goddamn how hard is this to get
>>
>>1259891
It doesn't conflict with anything.

Pilate went through with the crucifixion because the Jewish leaders threatened to go to Caesar and tell Caesar that Pilate was allowing a King to go free under his governorship.

Pilate killing someone to not be on Caesar's shit list violates nothing we know about any human being ever.
>>
>>1259898
I define our universe as the earth and our two heavens, our atmo and space.

The third heaven is unlike our two, and is not "higher" than them, but as I said touching at all points and at all times, itself being timeless.

From there, God made the universe; He literally spoke it into existence.
>>
>>1259900
A very nice place, I would imagine, as it is called Paradise. It is that place that Jesus told the thief on the cross He would meet him, that day. It is where the righteous dead stayed until heaven was opened.

When Jesus said "It is finished", it was finished. The work was done. The Law demanded death for sins, not eternal torment.

Eternal torment is what you get when you are born dead and stay dead.
>>
>>1259915
Let's say the universe is evidence. Sun, moon, stars, earth, everything we know about.

I can see that evidence and be in awe of Jesus, Who made it.

You can look at the evidence and think it's beautiful, and odd that it appeared out of nowhere.

Same evidence. Different filters.
>>
>>1259934
> the mechanism that is responsible for reality is God
There is no mechanism that is responsible for reality. It just exist. Like God in your theory just exist for example. Existence is already ultimate cause and nature of everything existent. Shocking right?
>>
>>1259955
So does jesus's sacrifice need to be meaningful? Or is it symbolism in of itself.

And does the symbolism need some semblance of real sacrifice to work as symbolism? Or does it just give the benefit of the doubt that SOMETHING was sacrificed.

Because I was talking to another dude and I couldn't get it out of him that god or christ had actually lost anything in the ordeal that might make it a legitimate sacrifice as opposed to a temporary annoyance.
>>
>>1259967
>It just exist.

Why do you peddle your own ignorance to people who know better?
>>
>>1259997
Absolutely meaningful. Jesus fulfilled the Law; every single violation of the Law done by every single human being ever was paid for, in full.

God's holiness, justice and righteousness satisfied, He in His mercy and grace offers us the free gift of His salvation.

Salvation would not have been possible had there been a sin barrier between man and God. Jesus ripped down that barrier like He ripped down the curtain over the holy of holies in the Temple. Top to bottom.

Heaven's open.
>>
>>1259491
Satan isn't real, either
>>
>>1260012
The best trick the devil ever played was to convince people he did not exist.
>>
>>1259960
While I'm not him, sure. That can't be proven or disproven with our current scientific methodology. Most people who hold themselves to those standards would say it's a pointless answer for that very reason and go on just fine without having to think about it. You trim the fat where it's not needed, right? They have more immediate, practical questions to answer unless they happen to be theoretical physicists.

But I would say that saying "It's REEAAALLY big and complex" is a really, really week argument. Because nothing there implies a creator. The universe just happens to be really goddamn big. A big thing doesn't need an infinite creator, just because infinite is infinitely bigger than big. You're just applying human senses of scale relative to difficulty. And it's been established that god does not abide by the limited human sense of scale.
>>
>>1259948
> I define our universe as the earth and our two heavens, our atmo and space.
This is completely arbitrary. Buddhist could add here his six heavens or whatever exist in myths. Instead of a list it is better to define universe as some sort of continual space. Somewhat in line with how there are no truly isolated parts in one universe. Divine overspace probably the only true universe from that point of view.
>>
>>1259967
then the mechanism of "just existing" is God

holy shit you autist
>>
>>1260007
Why was it ever closed? Why did god, all powerful, need to send an aspect of himself down to humanity to fulfill his own law?

It seems very roundabout and byzantine. And who put the sin barrier between man and God? Why did he need to send a human aspect of himself to do all this to tear it down?
>>
>>1260028
it's a qualitative way of experiencing reality vs. the autistic, quantitative way

why should you "trim the fat"? do you have an empirical support for why "trimming the fat" is inherently more beneficial for x? no, you don't. fuck off with this lab monkey shit

muh efficiency
>>
I cannot prove it, but I have faith you will see His love and joy sooner or later
>>
>>1260028

The Creation indeed infers a Creator.
>>
>>1260029
It's out of the bible, where all of my posts come from, or should come from.
>>
>>1260040
Because mankind joined satan's rebellion against God.
>>
>>1260004
> people who know better?
So why God exist? What is cause behind him? Or is it okay for you to hind behind your ignorance for when that question asked?
>>
>>1260043
We "trim the fat" because of occam's razor. We understand that there are a lot of questions to be answered out there, and that spending your whole life trying to prove a question of little consequence can be a piss poor investment. Is that sensible to you?

And how is quantitative reasoning in any way autistic? Is internal consistency autistic? do you think I spend my time counting every leaf on every tree so I can be assured that none will fall on my car when and where I park it?

Because that would be "fat" to trim in a sense, too. There's a talent to even knowing what questions are worth asking, and what answers will pay out.
>>
>>1260062
God is I Am, a supernatural triune spirit being Who dwells in unapproachable light.

He has always existed, and will always exist.

Ask Him why, if you want to know. He can hear you, and communicate with you just fine.

As He always existed, He has no cause behind Him; He is not a created being as you and I are.

I do not know everything, but I know that God knows everything, so I agree in all things with God.

Is that an unreasonable position?
>>
>>1260054
Couldn't god just godmode Satan and his influence over mankind out of existence?

>>1260049
You assume it was created. Again, implying personifications to things that don't necessarily warrant them.
>>
>>1260034
Existence is basic category. There is no mechanism behind it.
>>
>>1260052
There is no definition of universe in the Bible, so it isn't right to define it from the Bible.
>>
>>1260084
Yes, and He will, on His timetable and as He said He would, in the place He made for just that purpose.

Again, I just take God's Word for it.

God is a person. If you're autistic, you may have problems with your sense of empathy which prevents you from seeing God as a person.
>>
>>1260076
m8...

it's conceptualizing the universe as existing for consciousness, by consciousness vs. a cosmic rube goldberg machine that just does what it does

what possible empirical data could you have to support to privilege the latter position over the former? or any one, really?

that was the anon's initial point: both are just ways of understanding and internalizing what reality is, no one is "better" than the other, they support and enrich each other
>>
>>1260077
> Ask Him why, if you want to know
I asked him and he said that he is existence that just exist. Seems like I was right after all.
>>
>>1260093
Of course there is.

Genesis 1
The History of Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Once you understand the first verse of the bible, the rest becomes much clearer as you realize Who you are dealing with.
>>
>>1260103
I suggest you not act as your own god. It's bad form.
>>
>>1260108
And I can be assured that you're not doing so because?
>>
>>1260087
what? you know all religious questioning proceeds from the first and only question, which is why is there something instead of nothing right?

is le ebin science man really telling me to jus tthrow up my hands and say "welp, we can't know, oh well don't think about it lmao"?
>>
>>1260120
Because I can show you what I am saying comes from the bible, a book that has been well sourced to predate my existence.
>>
>>1260095
> empathy
For being that knows everything and even in theory couldn't experience any mortal problem? I doubt it. God doesn't knows how to live with sin and that is what means to be a real human person.
>>
>>1260108
You already suggested to ask and I done exactly what you suggested. Asked God why he exist. He give me answer. Where is an act in that?
>>
>>1260147
He knows how to live without it.

Do you not desire that experience? To live without sin? Without guilt? Without remorse? Without darkness? Without brokenness?

To live with love? With joy? To live with your Creator?

Do you not desire that?
>>
>>1260156

I do not know who you think you are fooling. Are you attempting to fool yourself?
>>
>>1260158
One that he demonstrated should not have empathy in any meaningful sense by his own nature.

Otherwise, god is a fair weather friend. With you when he feels like it, against you when he doesn't quite feel like putting in the infinitesimally small speck of effort would have taken him to send down jesus.

And I showed empathy by showing the benefit of the doubt. Turn thy other cheek in it's appropriated meaning, and such. But while I assumed you'd have something well-thought-out to say. You've just come back with this circular shit over and over again about how it just is, duh.
>>
File: Planescape.jpg (143 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
Planescape.jpg
143 KB, 1024x661
>>1260125
> why is there something instead of nothing
You can't answer that question. Any kind of cause or an answer is a part of something. No matter if it was a God or Laws of Physics you would end in a contradiction. Why there is a God? Why there is a Laws? To be able to question something wasn't to be able to ask questions that make sense. Why is there is something instead of nothing is a question that doesn't make sense and part of philosophical wisdom is to know questions that doesn't have or even couldn't have a reasonable answers to them.
>>
>>1260174
You're not talking about Jesus.

Jesus came to earth in order that you would know that He not only was tempted at all points as you are, but He is the Man of Sorrows; that He knows what suffering is, and has suffered more than any human being ever could.

He came to earth to show you that He loves you enough to die for you.

And no, He is not fickle, He does not break His word, He does not break His contracts, and He does not change as men do.

He is the Rock.
>>
>>1260181
As a practical matter you are correct; as a spiritual matter, why God exists is a question that people really need to wrestle with as it is very relevant to our interests to know why we have been made.
>>
someone please put forward an argument for Christianity and specifically for Christianity, so many arguments that don't necessarily imply Christianity are out of the question, I haven't seen any yet
>>
>>1259476

Just try it yourself.

Have you asked god to reveal himself?
Have you tried visiting an Catholic Eucharistic adoration?
Have you tried visiting a meditative Taize Service?
Have you tried Orthodox Hesychia Meditation/ the Jesus Prayer?
>>
>>1260160
I asked God and he give me an answer. He got all time on the world. He can spent one second for a simple man like me. If God doesn't like to answer to your questions... Well, hard to be you, I guess.
>>
>>1260193
Great. Set the poor guy up for the same demonic nonsense you fell for.
>>
>>1260158
> He knows how to live without it.
Yes. Like one rich boy knows how to live without poverty but would never understand poor people, and shouldn't expect poor people to understand him as a person.
>>
File: Mystery.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Mystery.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
>>1260214
>demonic nonsense
How about no?
>>
>>1260189
anyone?
>>
>>1260186
I am not against God but trying to present him as an universal mechanism of causation hurting both points of view in the end material or spiritual. Like reducing something awesome to one cheap trick.
>>
>>1260193
engaging in prayer and meditation rituals is no more proof of God than the Buddhist equivalents are proof of nirvana
>>
>>1260189
Jesus rose from the dead.
>>
>>1260205
Pathetic.
>>
>>1260215
Hence Jesus becoming a poor person was a big deal.

Did you ever bother reading the bible?
>>
>>1260247
Muhammad flew to the heavens. Your point?
>>
>>1260225
Demonic.

Read Daniel. Read Revelation. Read the bible. Learn to spot demons.
>>
>>1260249
Mostly pathetic is how you believe that God can't answer one simple question if you ask him nicely.
>>
>>1260241
You are against God, actually. You just may not be aware that you decided to remain God's enemy by refusing the only source of salvation known to mankind.

If the universe was created by a cheap trick, it was a pretty neat cheap trick.
>>
>>1260251
There is a claim, that very few muslims believe, that Mohammad flew to the heavens and cut the moon in half.

Jesus actually rose from the dead.
>>
>>1260254
Weak.

Pathetic.

Oriental?
>>
>>1260250
It isn't about being literally poor. It is about living as the creature of sinful nature and Jesus played the life on God Mode that is free from sin.
>>
File: Bishopeped.jpg (613 KB, 1273x1640) Image search: [Google]
Bishopeped.jpg
613 KB, 1273x1640
>>1260253

>Christ
>A demon

What are you talking about even? I didn't send him to an Ouija session, now did I?
>>
>>1259940
>Pilate went through with the crucifixion because the Jewish leaders threatened to go to Caesar and tell Caesar that Pilate was allowing a King to go free under his governorship.
>Pilate killing someone to not be on Caesar's shit list violates nothing we know about any human being ever.
Pirate is literally the only Roman official that I know of for being recalled because he was TOO brutal. The idea of a Roman official doing anything to appease Jewis leaders in regards to an execution (they had 0 authority in that regard) is laughable.

Jesus wasn't killed by Jews because he was criticizing Jews. Jews did that with abandon during the time period and nobody was ever executed for Jews because of it. It was commonplace at the time.

Jesus was killed because he caused a disturbance in the temple and because the very language 'the kingdom of heaven' would have been considered seditious. When Roman's encountered non-violent sedition the general policy was to crucify the leader. This is what happened.
>>
>>1260262
special pleading, yours is also but a claim
And it is actually widely accepted among mainstream muslims
>>
>>1260266
I asked God as you suggested and got answers from him. Are you sad that your suggestion worked? Are you closet atheist or what.
>>
>>1259934
>just because you conceptualize it as formulas and cosmological models doesn't mean I can't call it god you fuck
>goddamn how hard is this to get
You can call it whatever you want. Just like flat earthers are free to believe whatever you want.

The fact of the matter is that you don't understand it even a little and labeling physics as God is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>1259599
>The Jews say that Jesus' followers bribed the guard to move the stone and lay down on the job, allowing the disciples to steal the body.
Given that Jesus' disciples were mostly Jewish, I'm going to assume this is right. Nobody knows how Jews jew Jews like the Jews.
>>
>>1260258
> You decided to remain God's enemy
What are you talking about? I don't see any war or rivalry between me and God. We are good buddies and no amounts of warmongering from your would change that. Go oppose God himself if you want to see such rivalry that much.
>>
>>1260268

So, what you are saying is that God has not done enough for you.
>>
>>1260269
You might as well have.
>>
Once when I faceplanted onto my front teeth (chipped one) at night I had my eyes shut yet when I hit the ground I saw a white flash. I don't know what that means exactly but whatever.

And off-topic, but is masturbation a sin? Why or why not?
>>
>>1260283
> pantheism is retarded
wow just wow
>>
>>1260272
Read the bible.

Pilate found no fault in Jesus, and washed his hands of the matter.
>>
>>1260275
Special pleading fallacy includes "without reason".

Jesus being God is the reason He rose from the dead.
>>
>>1260279
No, I'm just saying that you are a pathetic liar.
>>
>>1260287
I wouldn't assume the Jew cover story was right then.
>>
>>1260294
If you are not God's child, you are His enemy.

You were born as His enemy in a race that declared war on Him, led by an angel that rebelled against Him.

If you are not For Jesus, you are Against Jesus.
>>
File: 31241214124.png (2 KB, 347x257) Image search: [Google]
31241214124.png
2 KB, 347x257
>>1260309
oh gee now you're begging the question
keep going this is entertaining
>>
File: 23.jpg (308 KB, 626x900) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
308 KB, 626x900
>>1260301
How? Why?
What about hesychia is "demonic"?

You are purely being a troll by now.
>>
>>1260297
> God has not done enough for you
It doesn't matter. You can save million of ants but not even one would understand you as the person because your life is that different. It isn't about the impact of your actions and who done most.
>>
>>1260322
The word from which Hesychasm, a tradition of prayer in Eastern Orthodox Christianity, is derived

In Greek mythology, either the daemon personification of silence, a handmaiden of the god of sleep, Hypnos; or a mortal daughter of Thespius

Literally a demon.
>>
>>1260327
They would if you became an ant.
>>
>>1260314
The only liar here is you who pretend to know with certainty about God personal conversation with his faithful believer.
>>
>>1260319
You're just imagining things. We are one team with Jesus as far as I can remember him or me.
>>
>>1260333
We aren't even ants compared to God.
More like a quantum foam fluctuations.
>>
File: complaints.jpg (194 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
complaints.jpg
194 KB, 569x629
>>1260332
>"Hey look. A Greek sect of Christianity uses the Greek term for silence to describe a prayer usually done in silence. Must mean they worship demons. Trolololol".

By your "logic" the gospel of John is greek Deism or polytheism because it reused the logos term.

As well the fact that you cannot even decide which word it actually stems from tells me you are full of shit.
>>
>>1260303
Sensory nerves can be triggered by stimuli other than the ones they are "listening" for. Have you ever heard high-pitched ringing in your ears when you knew there was no noise? The neurons were triggered by something other than sound, and the brain interpreted it as sound because that's what it does when the neurons are triggered.

Eyes work the same way. Physical impact can trigger firing in nerve cells in the eye even though they are "listening" for light. The expression "seeing stars" comes directly from this, as a blow can cause you to see light where there was none as the nerves fire.
>>
>>1260305
>Pilate found no fault in Jesus, and washed his hands of the matter.
You mean the section of the Bible that reads like an eyewitness account to a private Roman trial even though that would NEVER EVER EVER have happened? The one where a Roman official literally releases a murderer even though that would NEVER EVER EVER have happened.

Sure thing bud.
>>
>>1260347
Or that having a minute of silence for somebody who died is a pagan ritual.
>>
>>1260374
>Roman official allowing injustice for the sake of political expediency
>never happening

oy
>>
>>1259599
>The muslims think it was a trick; that they switched bodies and someone else died on the cross, and then they stole and hid the body.
Pretty sure they believe it was an illusion by God, and Jesus ascended without ever dying.
>>
Why do children always appear to be falling next to (sharp) edges instead of hitting them?
>>
The atheist guy is having his firm belief in no god shaken.

It's good, it lets you think. Maybe it will make you stop thinking about this and focusing in more mundane shit that matters
>>
>>1259523
Then why say things you know nothing about? Proof comes from knowing what it is, not being told by others that they know it is. The latter just makes you a gullible idiot, believing people whom you agree with.
>>
>>1260374
damm you are jewish don't you?
>>
>>1260405
I don't pretend that I could take a glance at it and know.

Did you have your faith affirmed in god when a cat sneezed twice in a row?
>>
File: image.jpg (721 KB, 1529x1592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
721 KB, 1529x1592
Prove anything exists fag
>implying our Universe exists
>implying something just pops out of thin air
>implying the thing that created the thing that created the Universe etc. could come out of nowhere for no reason
>implying if the Universe was created from an endless cycle that an endless cycle would just be "there" all of a sudden
Everything is false. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>1260424
>damm you are jewish don't you?
Nothe even close, go back to /pol/ faggot
>>
>>1260449
>Everything is false
Is that true?
>>
File: dancing_tophat_skeleton_t.png (53 KB, 469x512) Image search: [Google]
dancing_tophat_skeleton_t.png
53 KB, 469x512
>>1260461
No.
>>
>>1260449
>>1260461
whoa

dude
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.