[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on the Sumerians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: ziggurat_ur.jpg (40 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
ziggurat_ur.jpg
40 KB, 500x373
What are your thoughts on the Sumerians?
>>
Aliens.jpg
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 580x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 580x382
>>1246652
What are your thoughts on the Sumerians there OP?
(Children and neckbeards)
>>
>>1246652
It sounds like a place that I'd want to visit on vacation.
>>
>“The future is ziggurats,” Samyazaz was telling Ut-Naparash as they walked up the Great Stair. “In a hundred years, nobody’s going to remember pyramids. Pyramids are a flash in the pan. Ziggurats are for the ages.”

>“The King has every bit of faith in ziggurats and in yourself,” said Ut-Naparash. “He only wishes that the project would go a little…faster.”

>The king is a fricking nimrod, thought Samyazaz to himself, but out loud he just said, “You can’t rush ziggurats, Ut-Naparash.” He punctuated his statement with a wave of his gigantic arms. “You try to rush a ziggurat, you end up with one side not big enough, or a tier off center, and then the whole thing is fried. They’re not like henges, where if you put a stone in the wrong place here or there nobody’s going to notice. Ziggurats are a work of art. A place for everything, and everything in its place.”

>The storm was very, very close now. It swept over the empty flood plain like a wave over a beach. Two stupendous bolts of lightning struck the ground just outside the city wall, then…stopped.

>The two lightning bolts gradually resolved themselves into two gigantic human forms, spanning the distance from the bottom of the clouds to the flood plain below, each taller than the ziggurat.

>“Hello, Samyazaz,” said the Archangel Michael.

>“Hello, Samyazaz,” said the Archangel Gabriel.

>“Frick,” said Samyazaz.

>“You will come with us.”

>“But…my ziggurats!”

>“Are like a child’s sand castles in the eyes of the Lord.”

>“I like ziggurats! You know, humans are different from angels, in that they have this weird long thing here” – Samyazaz pointed at his crotch – “and I felt bad about not having one of those. But if I build big enough ziggurats, then I feel better about myself!”
>>
>>1247713
>The king is a fricking nimrod
>nimrod
This is the worst word one could use instead of idiot in a Sumerian-Biblical setting, with Nimrod being a suspected Sumerian king mentioned in the Bible.
It is fucking outrageos how fucking Buggs Bunny ruined the name of a legendary ancient king forever.
>>
File: That's The Joke.jpg (75 KB, 452x339) Image search: [Google]
That's The Joke.jpg
75 KB, 452x339
>>1247853
>The king is a fricking nimrod
>This is the worst word one could use instead of idiot in a Sumerian-Biblical setting, with Nimrod being a suspected Sumerian king mentioned in the Bible.
>>
>>1247713
What is this
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.