[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Latest out of the "history" side of tumblr is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: hobothor.jpg (7 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
hobothor.jpg
7 KB, 222x227
Latest out of the "history" side of tumblr is that muslin and african vikings were totally a thing!
http://medievalpoc.tumblr.com/post/145406637277/elodieunderglass-shrewreadings

Oh shit, they got you there /his!
>>
>>1242620
North Africa is within the realm of possibility, didn't one Danish viking guy marry some sort of Moorish princess?
>>
There was a viking named, literally, "the black viking". But he was the son of a norwegian jarl and a princess from Bjarmeland, making him half-asian.
>>
>I know a fantasy book that actually has a diverse Viking crew sailing to Africa.
and i know a fantasy book that actually has teenagers breaking into a magical bank of fucking jew goblins and fucking their shit up with a raging dragon the jew goblins used to have there as a guard dog
>>
>>1242620
Well yeah, everyone knows Finns are Asians.
>>
VOLGA BULGARS
>>
File: 115year old picture.jpg (281 KB, 708x864) Image search: [Google]
115year old picture.jpg
281 KB, 708x864
>medievalpoc.tumblr
>>
Reminder that the lead writer of Dr Who said this:

>And we’ve kind of got to tell a lie: we’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that. We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world.
>>
>>1242620
>medievalpoc
Why does anyone continue to take that cunt seriously after it was found out that she's a literally insane white German woman (or a white woman living in Germany, I forget) who's a regular on forums for people who believe their leg and shit needs to be chopped off?
>>
>>1242620
> medievalpoc
> "Hurr durr Saami people were in Scandinavia" as though this isn't common fucking sense
> Medieval trade routes covering disparate locations and conflict prone regions are the same thing as the consistent, used and safe immigration and travel we have post industrialisation
> Cultural diversity in the 900s is defined by the ideas of race we have now ie, black, muslim and asian minorities
> No mention of Wends
> No mention of Lithuanians
> Not even encounters with Native Americans
> Post about cultural exchange in the 900s, christianity is not mentioned once
> An extreme minority of Viking expeditions making it to the Persian Gulf now means that they made it to China and Sub Saharan Africa
> "hurr durr the Vikings did big trips occasionally hence clearly going from Norway to source of the Congo river without a compass is easy, replicable and economically viable just because it was barely in the realms of possibility with the boats they had.
> Group A trading with Group B, who is next to Group C, who trades with Group D, now means that Group A was literally just made up of immigrants from Group fucking Z.
>By this measure, Bronze Age Northern Germany was filled with a whole bunch of Sardinians because their artefacts moved the way up there.
>>
WE WUZ
>>
>>1242855
Why would you take anything called "medievalpoc" on Tumblr seriously anyway?
>>
>>1242882
Vaikung and shieet
>>
File: 1406407016846.png (51 KB, 577x452) Image search: [Google]
1406407016846.png
51 KB, 577x452
>>1242646
this man was the first of the finns
>>
>>1242620
are you not aware that until they were genocided by barbarians most inhabitants of scandinavia were black?
>>
>tumblr blog

99% chance it's a troll

Either way, why would you make a thread on it?
>>
>>1242620
Wait a second my friend, are you perhaps implying that my ancestors indeed used to engage in petty raiding amongst other activities?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.